Winbook Windows Tablets
By Will765 On 8 Sep, 2014 At 01:21 PM | Categorized As News | With 37 Comments

Winbook has released 2 Windows tablets, the 8″ TW801, and the 10.1″ TW100. Both tablets use the Intel Z3735D CPU, have 32GB storage, 2GB ram, and 1280 x 800 screens. Nothing to set them apart from other tablets, until you learn the price.

Microcenter has the TW801 for sale at $139.  The TW100 is priced at $199.  For tablets with full Windows 8.1, these are amazingly good prices.  Although not the highest spec devices, they do have a full size USB 3.0 port, as well as microusb 2.0, microHDMI, and microsd slot.

Throw in a year of Microsoft Office 365 personal for a year, and it’s hard to not be tempted by the TW801′s $139 pricetag.  One (apparently)missing feature that some might want, is GPS.  But that’s not a deal breaker for many, I would think.  Can’t remember the last time I actually used GPS from a tablet, instead of my phone(if ever).

One interesting thing to note is the rendering that shows a keyboard/dock port.  If there is such an add-on, it’s not listed on the website.  That would make this even more attractive, if you could add a cheap keyboard to it, like the ASUS T100.  Overall it would seem to be a good choice for a student on a limited budget to pick up for use in high school or college.

About - Bill Anderson posts under the clever alias will765. Gets to work from a home office for a piano moving company, in glorious Lake Hopatcong, NJ. Pretty new to android, but love technology and have been building my own(and friends)pc's for about 15 years

Displaying 37 Comments
Have Your Say

1. Logan says:

They sell the Keyboard/cover docking for 49.99 for the 10″ at microcenter. Its a great tablet for the money, unbelievable actually..

2. Kevin says:

I needed to trade up from an 8 in to 10 in tablet. I wrestled with the price/feature and decided to wait on a deal A 10.1 in tablet with keyboard cover for $250 is insane! After 4 days of use, I’m definitely a fan. The display is decent, the tablet and keyboard click into place with no effort. Windows 8.1 with Bing is the reason its so cheap. That being said, after installing updates, I still had about 14 gigs free on the SSD. I already own Office 2013 (which I installed on my external SD (along with MS Project 2013, Visio 2013 and the desktop version of Kindle app). The keyboard cover includes and trackpad and left/right mouse keys, which is super helpful in desktop mode. When the cover is closed, it wraps around the tablet, reminding of an oversized greeting card envelope. The only hinky thing so far is the kickstand on the cover. It folds into a weird triangle shape, which requires a flat surface to remain stable, and doesn’t respond well to moving the tablet left or right. All said and done, I like the price, I like the features and I would highly recommend this tablet and keyboard cover to anyone who doesn’t buy name brands.

3. Kyle says:

Can’t get the TW801 to work with any Bluetooth keyboards for more than a few characters and then have to go back into W8.1 Bluetooth settings to get it working again. It is a great little tablet, which was my purpose for trying it, and even runs my Visio and all Office apps. It just has a far more limited use if I can’t get a Bluetooth keyboard working consistently.

• Will765 says:

Have you made sure the Bluetooth driver is up to date?

• Che Tripp says:

if its a brand new WinBook shouldn’t the Bluetooth driver already be updated? I bought a WinBook and a Bluetooth keyboard and my keyboard also doesn’t work!! MicroCenter seems to always be out of the damn keyboard that goes with it!!!!!!!!!!!

• Will765 says:

For anyone having a problem with Bluetooth devices staying connected, try this fix. Right click start>device manager >Bluetooth,right click Bluetooth radio, power management tab, and unselect Allow this computer to turn off device to save power.

• max0r4axor says:

its the power save feature causing the issue just disable in device manager all pc to turn off to save power option for the bluetooth radio

4. tim says:

Does anyone know if this products memory can be up graded?

5. greg says:

Just spent a few hours trying to get Kubuntu 14.10 loaded on it, booting it off the USB is no problem, secureboot is off by default, but I can’t seem to get the Ubuntu installer to install the right files in the SDCard.
    Issues:
    1) Uses 32bit EFI, this has a known fix, needs Google for 32bit efi ubuntu.
    2)Goodix touchscreen, USBID GDX1001 from memory, new unit, not sure if supported in Linux yet, used Win HID driver under Win8.1.
    3)Wifi/BT use same chip, realtek 8723BS (also has FM reciever) no drivers yet, even from Realtek for Windows.

As a Win8.1 tablet (which is all one can really expect) it works quite well, and I like the 39.99 keyboard/cover, the trackpad is serviceable. Turning power management off as mentioned above works for the bluetooth.

6. Michael says:

I tried the bluetooth fix on my 8 inch and it still wont work. I tried to pair and I just get a message saying “That didnt work. Try again or look at manufacturer for further instructions.”

7. Tyrone says:

I bought the 10 inch and noticed the pins on the bottom then bought the keyboard that was made for the unit. My wife’s ipad died and she didn’t want to spend 500 for a new one so she bought the 10 inch as well. I recommend the matching keyboard and an additional 32gb card for storage. This thing runs full versions of Microsoft Office, my Guitar Rig and DJ software. The cameras aren’t that great, but I can use a better one from the full sized USB. I have 2 tips. When you are done using it, shut it down completely to save your battery. Second, turn off the auto brightness. This will drive you crazy as it tries to adjust the brightness based on your lighting conditions. I haven’t used bluetooth with it and probably won’t need to. I have a Galaxy Tab and don’t use it there either.

8. Jeffrey says:

I purchased this tablet for work purposes and it meets almost all my needs. The one complaint I do have is more with the OS than the tablet itself. Microsoft requires you to run Windows 8.1 Pro in order to join a domain and this tablet comes with 8.1 +Bing.
    I tried to upgrade directly from the tablet, but received a message stating it was not possible in my region (Odd that it’s not possible in the US). Before I go out and purchase a Windows 8.1 Pro product key I would like to know if the tablet would accept it.

9. You ought to be a part of a contest for one of the greatest websites on the internet.
    I most certainly will highly recommend this website!

10. I do not know whether it’s just me or if everybody else
    encountering issues with your blog. It appears like
    some of the text within your content are running off the screen. Can somebody else please
    provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them as well?
    This may be a issue with my internet browser because I’ve had
    this happen previously. Thank you

11. Just picked up two 10.1′s from Microcenter. One refuses to find wi-fi networks, while the other works fine. I have re-set it, de-activated and re-activated the wi-fi adapter and run the Windows troubleshooter all to no avail. Any other suggestions before I waste close to three hours running traveling to and waiting in line at Microcenter?

12. Izzyforreal says:

BTW, I’m using a Logitech K400 Wireless Keyboard from BestBuy. It was only $20.00 and works perfectly. It has a touchpad, and although it’s not BT, I can put the dongle in the regular sized USB port. It worked right out of the box as soon as the dongle was plugged in. I love it.

13. Mervin says:

I do accept as true with all of the concepts you
    have introduced for your post. They are really convincing
    and can definitely work. Still, the posts are too short for newbies.

Could you please prolong them a little from next time?

Thanks for the post.

14. Keisha says:

What’s Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It
    absolutely useful and it has helped me out loads.

I am hoping to give a contribution & assist other users
    like its helped me. Great job.

15. rachel says:

my tablet will turn on but the screen won’t show only this puurplish blue

16. rachel says:

screen help please

17. terri says:

I am having the same ‘power on’ issue as Rachel. YOu push the power button and the screen dimly lights, but that’s it. I then power off then and the second (or third try) to power on it comes on. This occurs after is has gone into sleep mode. If I “shut down” instead of just letting the tablet go dormant, it will power on correctly on the first try. (I have the 7′ model)

18. Twin Cities says:

Do Winbook tablets work with any Windows compatible Universal Docking Stations?

19. Twin Cities says:

Also, I bought an Actiontec ScreenBeamMini 2 and have successfully projected TW801screen onto a large led tv with minimal interruption of streaming videos.

20. You are so awesome! I don’t believe I’ve truly read a single
    thing like this before. So wonderful to discover someone with genuine thoughts on this issue.
    Really.. thanks for starting this up. This web site is something that is required on the web, someone with a little originality!

21. kevin says:

ive had two of the cases, one is with a pogo keyboard and one without, for this tablet. they were both bought from micro center but when i lock/sleep the tablet and close the case (either of them) the tablet wakes itself back up… if i dont close the case it stays off. im at a loss here, i have literally no idea why. ive even disabled the light/proximity sensor from the device manager window. even disabling it in the power options didnt work… anyone have the same issue or hopefully a fix.

22. If you are going for most excellent contents like myself, just visit this site daily because it provides feature contents, thanks

23. Dave says:

Thinking seriously about getting a TW100 – What’s the consensus on if this will run Windows 10. Don’t know why it shouldn’t but someone may know better and I’d appreciate your thoughts.

24. John gerard says:

Hi all,

I also bought the Winbook 802 version. I love it for the price. I still love…. My I pad better because I love IOS better than window 8.1. I would love to install windows 10 on this Tablet. Has anyone done this upgrade? I would really appreciate a step by step guide.
    Here is what I tried so far….
    I tried installing a win 10 preview version from Dvd. Every thing seem to work except that the install failed at the last moment. I was stupid not to make an OS back up. Dumb me. So I tried repartioning the drive witch wiped everything out. I install via Rufus app Win 10 final release 32bit on an USB flash drive. But the Flash drive will not boot. I can run the uefi shell if any one knows how to start the windows install from there. Microsoft Technet says that only a 64 bit version of windows10 can be installed on a efi bios based computer. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

John

25. Thanks for posting this, it is much appreciated.