The Android 3.1 update for the Asus Transformer has been leaked. This update comes with some improvements to stability, resizable widgets, and a few other goodies. I have personally installed this update on my transformer without a hitch. There is also a second update provided for users who want to have a rooted copy of the update.
Disclaimer: The information contained herein is made for educational purposes only. If you decide to access linked third-party web sites or make use of said information, you do so at your own risk. The information may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, correct, timely, current or up-to-date. With that said, please enjoy your visit at TabletRoms.com
- Place EP101_SDUPDATE.zip that you just downloaded on your SD card
- Make sure the Transformer is plugged in or has at least a 50% battery charge.
- Power off
- Press the volume down key and power key at the same time and continue to depress both until you notice a ROM Boot screen that advises you to press the volume up key within 5 seconds to start the ROM update process.
- Press the volume up key and the unit will update and reboot. It should take about 3~5 minutes
- After a reboot, a user notification should arrive in five minutes or so that the docking station has a firmware update available to version 0209. Please follow the instructions and update the docking station and then complete another reboot. The 0209 firmware offers improved typing speeds, mouse tracking and USB compatibility.
For users seeking a rooted copy of the update please download the file from here:
Credits: Segnaro of XDA