Thread: Unalbe to root or install clockworkmod on zoom 3.1.

Thanks

Unalbe to root or install clockworkmod on zoom 3.1.

Hi, my first post at TR. I have had several android phones and have always rooted and added custom roms to them, my current phone is the Atrix which works great with custom rom. HOWEVER, I can't get this durn Motorola Zoom WIFI Tablet to root or anything. I was using the ADB method from the computer, it recognizes the SN of the device, and will reboot the zoom, however it won't reboot it into the bootloader(it just reboots normally). Can someone please help me?

I've Tried all the files I could find from about 4 different sources and none of them work.....?

Any help would be appreciated...

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    So like adb reboot recovery ?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Send me a donation and I will put it towards our community. Your donations buy us software, hardware, bandwidth, devices, and help us fund bounties & contests.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zerofeel View Post
    So like adb reboot recovery ?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Yup, when I issue the adb reboot bootloader command, my zoom will reboot and come right back up...

Thanks
    Also, I'm running android 3.1. The zoom I have is the wifi version. Just bought it Friday from BestBuy. This is now the longest time I've ever run on stock Android Rom....LOL....Most of the time, the device doesn't make it 20 minutes before rooting and swapping out to a diff rom.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flarkysmoo View Post
    Yup, when I issue the adb reboot bootloader command, my zoom will reboot and come right back up...
    Also worth mentioning, is when I try to access the stock recovery menu by pressing the power button with the volume down button nothing happens...When I press the pwr and vol up button, it just keeps power cycling until I let go....

Does it sound like a corrupt recovery partition or something? If so, would reinstalling the stock 3.1 rom repair it? Or should I just exchange it out at best buy with another? It's completely unmodified as of yet......Warranty still in tact....

Let me know your thoughts...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flarkysmoo View Post
    Also worth mentioning, is when I try to access the stock recovery menu by pressing the power button with the volume down button nothing happens...When I press the pwr and vol up button, it just keeps power cycling until I let go....

Does it sound like a corrupt recovery partition or something? If so, would reinstalling the stock 3.1 rom repair it? Or should I just exchange it out at best buy with another? It's completely unmodified as of yet......Warranty still in tact....

Let me know your thoughts...
    I know its probably a stupid question, but are you holding the volume down button when you switch the device on? If this is the case then you are doing it wrong, this will start Fastboot Protocol Support.

To enter recovery, press the power button and as soon as the Motorola logo appears then press the volume down button. It should then say --> Android Recovery. Now press the volume up to enter recovery. It may say --> RSD or --> Fastboot, if it does press the volume down button until you get --> Android Recovery on screen.

Like I say you are probably doing it right but reading your post it doesn't seem that way.

Thanks
    Hey, sorry I didn't get back sooner, but I didn't realize that the wifi fam edition has a locked bootloader and there is nothing that can be done about it...That's why nothing was working. I sent it back and got a regular wifi 32gb one and have already reached the bootloader and getting ready to unlock and root then clockwork.

Thanks again for your time on this...It's greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Hey, sorry I didn't get back sooner, but I didn't realize that the wifi fam edition has a locked bootloader and there is nothing that can be done about it...That's why nothing was working. I sent it back and got a regular wifi 32gb one and have already reached the bootloader and getting ready to unlock and root then clockwork.

Thanks again for your time on this...It's greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by neblap View Post
    I know its probably a stupid question, but are you holding the volume down button when you switch the device on? If this is the case then you are doing it wrong, this will start Fastboot Protocol Support.

To enter recovery, press the power button and as soon as the Motorola logo appears then press the volume down button. It should then say --> Android Recovery. Now press the volume up to enter recovery. It may say --> RSD or --> Fastboot, if it does press the volume down button until you get --> Android Recovery on screen.

Like I say you are probably doing it right but reading your post it doesn't seem that way.

Remove Ads