Thread: Any have any in depth info on the Wintec 7" Filemate tablet?

Thanks

Any have any in depth info on the Wintec 7" Filemate tablet?

Heya Everyone,

Here's the tablet I'm looking at here..... Wintec Industries - FileMate Clear T720 Tablet - Product Summary . The screen and the fact that it comes with Google Play really caught my eye the only thing I cant seem to find any hard info on is exactly what type of cpu it is using. I'm guessing it is most likely some type of cortex A8 the thing Im wondering is it a A10 or A13? As always any help on this would be wonderful.

Thanks
    I'd like to know as well. I'm debating between that and a visual land prestige 7. The filemate seems to include more storage and already have google play, but it looks the to have a little bit less battery; six hours vs. eight on the prestige 7

Thanks

Re: Any have any in depth info on the Wintec 7" Filemate tablet?

If it were my choice, I would go for the visual land tablet. It does have its issues (you have to add google play) however, visual land is more responsive to requests for information, and there are more people 'developing' for the tablet, as well.
    There are no solutions, only tradeoffs. -Thomas Sowell

If you Like what I do, supply me with Tang.

Thanks
    Hi, I just purchased a Filemate Clear 7" tablet for my son. He broke his Polaroid 8" tablet (a Christmas gift) three days after Christmas

Since it is not mine, I've only used it a few minutes to set up and download a few games. And I've observed my son using it (a lot!).

Pros: Beautiful 1024x600 screen. Even though it's one inch smaller than the Polaroid 800x600 screen, it is much sharper and the colors are richer. Plays games such as Temple Run and Angry Birds great. Plays You Tube videos great. Wi-Fi connection works well. Capacitive touch screen is MUCH better than the Polaroid (which was prone to a lot of hesitating, missed touches). The 7-inch size is much more convenient to carry around than the 8-inch Polaroid. The Filemate is also much thinner and lighter. Advertised battery life of 6 hours might be true - my son played on it continuously for over two hours yesterday and the battery level indicator only went down a smidgeon. Overall quality and workmanship appears to be very good, very well made. The ice cream sandwich OS is almost identical to the Polaroid's (except the Polaroid has an app pre-loaded pointing to the Amazon app store, whereas the Filemate has an app pre-loaded pointing to the Google store). One big difference in the way the two OS operate is that the Filemate's apps seem to work all the time, the Polaroid was prone to freeze-up and needed frequent re-loading. With 1GB RAM and 16GB on internal memory (expandable by 32GB micro SDHC card, not included), the Filemate Clear is a much more robust system than most other 7" tablets on the market.

Cons: None to speak of. The Filemate's speakers are just okay, you'll need earphones or external speakers for any real hi-quality music experience. And I was surprised that there was no printed owner's manual, only the one pre-loaded on the tablet. But then again, the system is so simple that we really haven't found the need to use it yet.

Purchased the tablet from Walmart for $129.98 plus tax. My son's happy, so his daddy's happy.

BTW, if you need to pick up a cover, the tablet is approximately the same size as the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. (I purchased the Bundle Monster Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Case ROYAL BLUE from Amazon for $8.99. It fits the Filemat Clear like a glove - meaning that it is a tight fit. It doesn't have much corner protection. If it were for me, I wouldn't worry. But for my son ... ???)

Thanks
    Update:

My son's Filemate Clear's audio went out yesterday. Zero sound.

Will be returning it to the local Walmart for an exchange (if one is available). Online, it's showing as sold out.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trandel View Post
    Hey Everyone,

Here's the tablet I'm looking at here..... Wintec Industries - FileMate Clear T720 Tablet - Product Summary . The screen and the fact that it comes with Google Play really caught my eye the only thing I cant seem to find any hard info on is exactly what type of cpu it is using. I'm guessing it is most likely some type of cortex A8 the thing Im wondering is it a A10 or A13? As always any help on this would be wonderful.
    I wouldn't worry too much about the CPU speed. You're probably not going to notice a big difference between a 1Ghz and a 1.2Ghz CPU. However... what you "need" the tablet to do is priority. Do you need access to the GooglePlay Store (which this one does)? Secondly, what about the screen? Are you comfortable looking at a 7" screen? If so, what is the resolution? 1024 x 600 is the MINIMUM for a 7" screen, if you intend to read books or do much web browsing (again, this tablet has that). It's also an IPS screen! Not as important as the size or resolution... unless you will be using the tablet in portrait mode, as well as landscape mode... on an even, regular basis.

I've seen the Visual Land 7" tablets, and THEY SUCK! The display is horrid. Who cares if you can look at a crappy screen a couple hours more than a better one?! I've reviewed (for myself, not for a web site or magazine) about 40 - 50 Android tablets, with screens ranging from 7 inches to 9 inches... trying to find one with the best, overall specs between $100.00 and $200.00, and the FileMate Clear T720 is the winner. If they had a 9 or 10 inch tablet - with a screen resolution of 1280 x 800... then that would be my choice, but it would probably cost between $250.00 - $300.00... and for now, I want to stay out of that price range!

Remove Ads