Thread: Rooting and backup

First Post
    Thanks

Rooting and backup

If I decide to root this tablet with 2.3, is there a method to backup the original configuration first, in case I need to roll back?
    Thank you.

Thanks
    we don't presently have a flash image our anything, but i will see what i can do about that. thanks for asking.
    There are no solutions, only tradeoffs. -Thomas Sowell

If you Like what I do, supply me with Tang.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Yeah manufacturers should always provide a way to recover devices.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Send me a donation and I will put it towards our community. Your donations buy us software, hardware, bandwidth, devices, and help us fund bounties & contests.

Thanks
    And Success! this has been a few months in the making, but we have some more on this:
    Before megaupload got taken down, there was some recovery software that was placed there for the Identity Tab.
    But then, it was inaccessible, and the only place where I was able to find anything about it was on androidtablets.net. Wintech attempted to be helpful, but they could only do so much for us, since the tablet was not produced by them. So i tried to reach out to Enspert which is the company who would have the answers, and they never got back to me, meaning that i was unable to get the software.
    after several people requesting the recovery software to be re-uploaded, user 'lgcb' on that (androidtablets) forum did so
    (many thanks pal, you are a gentleman)

To help you out, I will re-produce the unbrick procedure here, with my additions in **:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Step I ;
    - First, you need to down the attached file which is only 6MB. *this is the unbrick software*
    - You need to copy it into SD card from PC and ;
    - Plug SD card into SD slot of E201(if your E201 battery is run out already, you need to connect power adapter).
    - Push hard reset button located at right hand side of HDMI port. It is small round hole.
    - E201 will automatically process its initialization process and you will see one pop up message on the screen. That meaning is system is updating.
    - When you see “Andro Boy Photo”, initialization is done. Then you need to get into Step 2.
    - Please note that “Andro Boy Photo” shall remain until you get into Step II below.

2. Step II ;
    - This is real process to upgrade the SW version. In order to do so, you have to download upgraded SW version from below download link. *this is refering to the firmware which is readily available from Wintech's website, or from Enspert's*
    - Once you complete your download to your PC, you must follow below process ;
    - Copy it to SD card.
    - Plug it into SD Card slot.
    - Push hard reset button.
    - Then E201 will automatically process its SW version upgrade.
    - When you see basic idle screen, SW upgrade is done normally.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And just to repeat these just in case, the firmware is here:
    :::: IDENTITY ::::
    and the unbrick software or "initialization" software is here:
    e201firmware.img
    There are no solutions, only tradeoffs. -Thomas Sowell

If you Like what I do, supply me with Tang.

Thanks
    Mobile phones now have played an important role in life. As more and more data can be stored in it, we may sometimes not even think about transferring the data to PC so that there is enough room for other contents. Many Android users tend not to perform a backup. But, chances are you can not bring them back if the files are overwritten. There are lots of situations where you might lose the data like factory resetting, accidental deletion, phone down or other reason.
    So, do backup data from Android to PC as frequently as possible. Here I'd like to introduce for your choice—Android Backup Tool, which you can backup and restore data on Android.

Remove Ads