Thread: HP Stream 7

Thanks

Cool HP Stream 7

Has anyone here had any experience with this device? I have one and was curious if anyone has both this and the Winbook. I know the hardware is supposed to be the same so I was just wondering if there was any difference. The HP is quite sturdy and nice looking/feeling. I was going to get the Winbook but I am disabled and ride the bus, and I live ALL THE WAY ACROSS Colorado from MicroCenter (it's REALLY far from me). I was supposed to have someone take me to get the Winbook, but since they flaked on me (on my bday no less) I ended up getting the HP from the Microsoft store. It was on sale for 79 with a 25$ windows credit! Plus it had the obligatory Office 365 for a year sub (which I already have 10 licenses for anyway through work). All in all, it's a very impressive little device. I know it's missing a few input's and the HDMI output which is a real bummer. I've found ways around it, but still. I have yet to hear of anyone successfully loading and running linux on the Winbook devices but I know how to install Ubuntu on my HP Stream 7 which is cool! Native too, not live usb! I am still planning on getting the 10" Winbook device. Can't beat the price man!

Thanks
    Hopefully someone who has the tablet will answer. Good luck with the new tablet. If you get no response here, you could try the forum at tabletpcreview.com, they're Windows specific for the most part.
    ASUS Vivotab Smart
    Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+, rooted
    Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9", finally rooted
    Google Nexus 5, Elix-R rom
    Asus Memo Pad 7
    Teclast X80h dual boot
    Adam LCD 3g(retired & living in Dominican Republic)

Remove Ads