Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any idea how to dismantle a chinese tablet

Thanks
    Has anyone tried the "Build your own Win 8 Tablet" instructions? I was thinking about picking up an HP Slate 500 to try it on... The Samsung Preview tablets they gave away at the BUILD conference are going for up to $2000 on eBay right now...

Thanks
    Unfortunately, I don't have that much money to get a Windows 8 tablet up and running even though I would like to. I have been playing with Windows 8 on a Netbook and it works well.
    In fire and EMS? Check the Play Store for my current apps Code Log and Pumper calc.

Regular
    Thanks
    I did try to build win 8 tablet pc. did succeed to some extent, but could not get it fully fuctional as the drivers of win & did not work. I switched my 160gb hard drive for 64 gb kingston ssd and the win 8 was smooth scrolling, but without working drivers , I did not have network connection and could not test it fully. switched back to windows 7 on SSD but did not find much improvement on performance between HDD and SSD . I am in two minds whether to go back to hdd or keep with SSD any thoughts . I have never uploaded any photos and I have my samsung galaxy for taking pics but have no idea how to upload with dismal upload speeds. If anyone can guide me would be happy to contribute.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zerofeel View Post
    Hammer will work but ***** may not.
    Sorry I missed this when you first posted it zerofeel... I may need to make a small plaque of this quote to hang over my work bench!
    Nexus One (still my favorite mini-tablet), Adam PixelQi+3g (gone to a new home)... HTC Sensation (waiting for CM7), Nook Touch, LG g-slate

Regular
    Thanks
    I substituted a ssd for hdd on my tablet and installed win7and upgraded win8 devpv with the hope of avoiding driver prob and succeeded tosome extent . But forthoseof you whoare thinkingofbuilding a win8 tab,a noteof caution. The bells and whistles ofwin 8 work onlyif you have a graphics card whichsupports a resolutionof 1024x768and mine and many tabs haveamax of 1024x600 , so despite a good touchscreen experience , could not really make win 8 work. So,for now it is win7only which is not too bad.Everything works including 3g and touch is alsonot too laggy,though the excitementof trying outnew roms is notthere .At best a portable desktop .The ssd did not give anynoticeable improvement in speed over hdd .Butadditinal 1 gb ram and ssd might have made a difference,but did not benchmark it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12