Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Windows 8 and Tablets?

Regular
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thoughts on Windows 8 and Tablets?

Article Link

What do you think about the potential of Windows 8 in the tablet field coming in 2 yrs after the ipad and a year after honeycomb?

Thanks
    With the huge base of users who already have windows, if there's a good tablet(good hardware) that comes out running W8, I think it could do very well. Being able to run windows programs on a tablet-optimized os should be really appealing to a wide range of people, both for personal and business uses.
    ASUS Vivotab Smart
    Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+, rooted
    Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9", finally rooted
    Google Nexus 5, Elix-R rom
    Asus Memo Pad 7
    Teclast X80h dual boot
    Adam LCD 3g(retired & living in Dominican Republic)

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by will765 View Post
    With the huge base of users who already have windows, if there's a good tablet(good hardware) that comes out running W8, I think it could do very well. Being able to run windows programs on a tablet-optimized os should be really appealing to a wide range of people, both for personal and business uses.
    if you think of it, the applications already available are not made for tablet use.
    so all the wide range of software, will suddenly become 0, as nearly most are for a mouse pointer based solution and not big fat fingers.

so a W8 tablet, will start mostly from scratch i think, although you do feel it has alot of apps, they will probably feel wrong to use, when you tab your way through it..

Regular
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsfan85 View Post
    Article Link

What do you think about the potential of Windows 8 in the tablet field coming in 2 yrs after the ipad and a year after honeycomb?
    I am not sure where the year after honeycomb, since honeycomb is barely a finished product even now. version 3.2 is just out this past week or so. In any case, it is all about the apps, and the ipad has them, honeycomb doesn't so windows 8 could still compete. there are enough people who will say anything but apple, or anything but microsoft, or google is no longer open.

as will765 said, for business there will be a big demand, many can't justify an ipad, but a windows tablet, they can just say it is a replacement for a notbook, and they won't have to justify anything else beyond that.

Thanks
    If Windows 8 is supposed to be tablet optimized, don't you think it should be able to realize when it's actually being used on a tablet, and adjust to whatever program it's running? So it shouldn't look for a mouse if you're using a tablet. That's the way it should work, not saying it will work like that.
    ASUS Vivotab Smart
    Asus Memo Pad 7
    Teclast X80h dual boot

Regular
    Thanks
    I think that is exactly how they said it would work. I think it has a lot of possibilities. I work in a corporate IT environment, and I am sure it would make its way into a lot of big companies. I was at a tech conference a few months ago, and many were trying to figure ways of bringing the ipad into the corporate network, they all said they could bring a windows tablet in with no problem, ie no additional justification. The only thning stopping them at this point was the windows tablets Ie notbooks that flip around to have a tablet screen were too expensive and touch interface was not very good. Give them a real tablet with a responsive touch interface and it would fly off the shelfs into the corporate environment. None of them said they were looking into android tablets at all. By chance I was setting next to a guy from canada with my adam and he recognized it right away.

Thanks
    My companies uses MS programs that require I have windows on my pc. With a W8 tablet, I could probably convince them I need one for work. The best option would be a tablet that could dual-boot W8 or android.
    ASUS Vivotab Smart
    Asus Memo Pad 7
    Teclast X80h dual boot

Thanks
    The boot speed demo on W8 has me thinking well of it. But i find myself in agreement with Will765, if they can pull of a desktop compatible solution, i think it could be a real winner. I know that i could even be convinced to leave android if windows could provide me with a seamless move from my tasks on desktop to my presentations from my tablet.
    There are no solutions, only tradeoffs. -Thomas Sowell

If you Like what I do, supply me with Tang.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I got a chance to see one the new windows 7 tablets. If they can make them fast with good battery life they will definitely be more productive. If Android had serious productivity apps it would really help.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Send me a donation and I will put it towards our community. Your donations buy us software, hardware, bandwidth, devices, and help us fund bounties & contests.

Thanks
    I think if they can really make it tablet based and run nicely I think it really could make an impact. The problem is that the ipad has made a good impact already on enterprise.

Sent from my LCD Adam on tapatalk
    Mike
    Notion Ink LCD WiFi/3G adam - For Sale if interested

Please help me stay married, Novo 7 Super IPS Screen (Purchase for review)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads