Thread: Red It for Touchpad - a review

Thanks

Smile Red It for Touchpad - a review

Reddit is an amazing website. I am addicted to it, and many others also are. The problem with browsing on a tablet is that the website is not very touchscreen-friendly.

A few weeks ago I stumbled upon Red It for the Touchpad, and I instantly fell in love.

It makes browsing reddit very simple. You can read the top posts, and it opens the posts (external site, or self-post) in a different sliding pane to the right of the post list. You can expand the slide temporarily to get a better look at the post, then slide it back to view the list.

There is a search bar at the top where you can enter a subreddit you wish to view. You can then bookmark that subreddit for later use, so you do not have to type it in every time. You can log into your account and comment, upvote, and post, but the one time I tried posting on self.reddit, it did not work.

It's a very simple app, that is almost perfect. But I have found one super annoying problem. When viewing comments, you have to be very careful while scrolling through the comments. I don't know why, but the comments are very easy to click, and I always click on one while I am scrolling. It wouldn't be such a big deal, but it opens that comment, and when I click the back button, it takes me to the top of the comment list, not where I was before.

Overall, Red It is a great app, and definitely one of my top three most used apps on my Touchpad! Oh yeah, the best part? It's FREE!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Great review

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Send me a donation and I will put it towards our community. Your donations buy us software, hardware, bandwidth, devices, and help us fund bounties & contests.

Remove Ads