I have a Visual Land Prestige Elite 9Q (well, actually, there are two, but what works for one should work for two, sooo...). It is running Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Got it for my son for Christmas because it looked like a reasonable tablet for the price and for what he wanted to do with it (play games, watch videos).

We ran into a problem the other day...a game updated and stopped working. All of the recommendations were to uninstall and reinstall the game...which, of course, wiped all of his progress. GAAH!

So, I started looking for a way to back things up so it wouldn't happen in the future and/or if I wanted to get him a better tablet, it would be nice to just back all of his app info from the Prestige to the new tablet.

Found Helium as a backup option, but...of course, it requires the drivers for the tablet to be installed on your computer and the tablet to have Debug Mode unlocked to work. Did the Debug Mode, switched the tablet to PTP Camera...and can't find the drivers to get the tablet and my computer to talk properly. I've tried several different drivers but, maybe I'm not putting them in the right place or something?

I have a laptop running Windows 8.1.

I have a fair amount of knowledge of computers (taken mine apart a time or two, reinstalled Windows 7 on various computers when they stopped working, things like that), a little less of tablets--never Rooted one.

Any suggestions or help you can provide? I would greatly appreciate it!

I am NOT stuck on Helium, by the way...just **need** a way to back up the game DATA so that if a game dies on us again, we don't have to start at level 1 and/or spend more money on it....

THANKS!!

(and, just fair warning, I may ask "dumb" questions...I will try to find the answer before I ask it, but if I can't I will ask. )