Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: black screen please please help

Thanks

black screen please please help

okay so i wont type in propercase. i only have 2 ports on my laptop. one is being taken by my visual land tablet the other by a mouse. my laptop keyboard was ruined a year ago or so and it doesn't have a shift button.

my problem is i tried to use the google play script to put google play on my visual land connect which was running android 4.0.4 i guess according to the settings under tablet information or whatever it says

after the tablet rebooted per the request of the command prompt window it stayed in black. it went past the android robot thing and past the visual land peace sign when it went to a black screen. it stayed that way for 30 minutes when i looked up how to do a hard reset. i wiped it and factory reset even wiped the cache.

all of the above is to no avail. does anyone know any way i can get my tablet back to its prior settings? it is really hard to do anything worthwhile on the tablet without google play because all of the apps on getjar are pretty much worthless since they refuse to download.

but all that being said i'd rather have a working tablet without google play
    than a black screen.

so any advice will be appreciated.
    please help soon

Thanks
    Have you tried using livesuite to flash the stock software?
    In fire and EMS? Check the Play Store for my current apps Code Log and Pumper calc.

Thanks

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
    Have you tried using livesuite to flash the stock software?
    trying that and keep getting an error saying pnp feln invalid id everytime i plug my tablet in.

Thanks
    I don't have the device so perhaps one of the guys that does can help you more then me but I have a couple of suggestions.

I've read in the other thread that you are trying this on a laptop. As has been mentioned you should probably try to get a desktop and use that. I understand that you don't have easy access but it is probably your best bet.

Also, try another usb cable and see if that helps.
    In fire and EMS? Check the Play Store for my current apps Code Log and Pumper calc.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
    I don't have the device so perhaps one of the guys that does can help you more then me but I have a couple of suggestions.

I've read in the other thread that you are trying this on a laptop. As has been mentioned you should probably try to get a desktop and use that. I understand that you don't have easy access but it is probably your best bet.

Also, try another usb cable and see if that helps.
    thanks but nothing matters for the tablet anymore. its a dud. it just simply wont turn on and its been plugged in all night. i pressed the reset button and still nothing. its off and not coming back on. i can either attempt to return it to walmart or just trash it. trashing it seems more likely.

Thanks

Re: black screen please please help

If you decide to trash it, I would pay shipping to my house.
    There are no solutions, only tradeoffs. -Thomas Sowell

If you Like what I do, supply me with Tang.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Macktion View Post
    If you decide to trash it, I would pay shipping to my house.
    Funny, I was thinking something similar.

Veteran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabletlizard View Post
    thanks but nothing matters for the tablet anymore. its a dud. it just simply wont turn on and its been plugged in all night. i pressed the reset button and still nothing. its off and not coming back on. i can either attempt to return it to walmart or just trash it. trashing it seems more likely.
    If you can't retunr it for whatever reason, like telling Walmart the truth (wally doesn't need the truth) I will make the same offer I have made before. If you want to ship it to me with a prepaid retunr label I will see what I can do. But before you completely give up do this. Hold the power for a good 60 seconds. Then connect your USB cable to you PC, but not the tablet. Then open your device manager, right click my computer, choose manage, then device manager. Once that is open, press and hold volume minus (-) on the tablet, connect the USB, then tap press and release the power button on the tablet 6 or seven times. Look for a device to pop up in the device manager or listen for the bum bum sound the computer normally makes when a USB device connects.
    If you like my work please feel free to DONATE
    Skytex 10s Rabid ROM v1
    Skytex 7s Rabid ROM v1
    Dell Venue 8 Rooted and Deodexed
    Nook HD + Dual Boot Android & Nook OS
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 stock
    2 HP Touchpad 32GB Dual Boot WebOS & Cyanogen MOD 11
    2 UG007B Android stick
    Amazon FireTV set top box
    Elocity A7+ Evilocoty Rabid ROM Android 2.2
    Skytex Pocket Primer Rooted 2.2
    Skytex 7" Gemini Rabid ROM 4.0.4
    MK802 Mini Android Rabid ROM Beta
    Dragon Touch MID907IPS ICS 4.0.4 Rabid ROM

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post
    If you can't retunr it for whatever reason, like telling Walmart the truth (wally doesn't need the truth) I will make the same offer I have made before. If you want to ship it to me with a prepaid retunr label I will see what I can do. But before you completely give up do this. Hold the power for a good 60 seconds. Then connect your USB cable to you PC, but not the tablet. Then open your device manager, right click my computer, choose manage, then device manager. Once that is open, press and hold volume minus (-) on the tablet, connect the USB, then tap press and release the power button on the tablet 6 or seven times. Look for a device to pop up in the device manager or listen for the bum bum sound the computer normally makes when a USB device connects.
    yeah the noobs at walmart wont know it was bricked before discharging lol. i found a kurio 7" which looks safer for my kids. i wanted google play on this one because my boy likes a lot of the apps that this tablet wont download so i figured with google play i could get it. im not gonna trash it. 80 dollars is a lot. i wrote that when i woke up and i was still grumpy and p.o'd at the mess i caused myself. i am actually sooo angry at myself i will not try to push google play on this next one for sure.

Thanks
    Thanks I followed your steps and I heard it go bum bum the second i plugged it in. a different usb thign showed up but it didnt say android it said vid something or another.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast