Thread: [14.JUL.11][ROM]CleanViewpad7 v1.0|APPS2SD|CWM

First Post
    Thanks

[14.JUL.11][ROM]CleanViewpad7 v1.0|APPS2SD|CWM

CleanViewpad7 v1.0
    based on latest official stock Viewpad 7 firmware Android 2.2.2

With installed ADW Launcher EX:

This build is for Viewsonic Viewpad 7. Iíve made this build mainly because I had one big problem with stock one Ė it was offering little space for my apps. I've used this opportunity to add extra features and remove some annoying ones. Here is the list of changes:
    • based on latest official stock Viewpad 7 firmware Android 2.2.2
    • added Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.2 functionality (require that you have extra partition on your SD card for storing your apps; exact procedure to create one is described in installation procedure)
    • fully deodexed and zipalligned ROM
    • ROM is rooted (Superuser.apk + su)
    • installed BusyBox with support for init.d scripts
    • replaced "Welcome" boot animation with stock android 2.2 animation
    • installed Gingerbread keyboard
    • installed Morelocale2 for more languages
    • modified framework-res.apk and services.jar with Gingerbread look like + % battery
    • removed Aldiko,RSS, TouchPAL_M20
    • updated gapps to newest version (Gmail, GoogleQuickSearchBox, Maps, Market, VoiceSearch) & YouTube
    • modified host file for ad-free
    Now you donít have to worry about decreasing internal storage when you install more application. You donít also lose access to application when you phone is connected in drive mode to computer, because application data is being hold on ext3 partition on SD card. That partition isnít mounted when your phone is connected to computer. The things that are redirected to this partition are: /data/app, /data/app-private and /data/dalvik-cache. Firmware should also work with compatible devices such as: Cherry Mobile Superion, Commtiva Linx N700, Olivepad VT-100, Spice MI700, and Camangi FM600 but I don't have these devices, so I cannot verify. As always make a backup before installing any custom firmwares.

Requirements:
    Changelog:
    V1.0
    • initial release
    Installation:
    1. Power down your device.
    2. Power on device holding power button and both volume keys simultaneously.
    3. Upon power up you will see the birds logo and 'enter recovery' text in the top left corner of the screen.
    4. Use the volume keys to step through the menu, power to select and back. (there is bug in clockwork when you press volume keys it jumps 2 steps; to jump one step press and hold volume and then press power to select)
    5. Select the "advanced->Partition SD Card" item, next select size for your Apps2SD partition (1024MB recommended), next select 0 as size of swap partition. (Remember that this will delete all data on your SD card, so make backup of SD card if you need !!!)
    6. After the partitioning will be done select the "reboot system now" item.
    7. Using USB cable connection or SD card reader copy CleanViewpad7_signed_v1.0.zip to root folder of SD card.
    8. Power down your device.
    9. Power on device holding power button and both volume keys simultaneously.
    10. Select the "backup and restore->Backup" item to make a backup of the current firmware in case something goes wrong. The backed up ROM should be located in: /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/date&time/
    11. Select the "wipe data/factory reset->Yes Ė delete all user dataĒ to clear old stuff.
    12. Select the "install zip from sdcard->choose zip from sdcard" item and select CleanViewpad7_signed_v1.0.zip.
    13. After flashing will be done select the "reboot system now" item. First boot may take a few minutes.
    Migrate from stock or another build:
    1. Make backup of your phone using Titanium Backup (select all user applications).
    2. Copy all files and folders from SD card to local folder on your computer.
    3. Install Clockwork Recovery Partition, create partition on SD card and install ROM as described in installation guide.
    4. Copy all files and folders from local folder on your computer back to SD card.
    5. Restore applications using Titanium Backup and reboot your phone.
    Download:

http://www.multiupload.com/79WKJUXMX5

Credits to:
    • Darktremor
    • hucqim80
    • dsixda
    • mendozinas
    • -Mr. X-
    If you like my work please consider donating:

Thanks everyone for donations.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skink For This Useful Post:

flashomaniac (07-21-2011), nartan (11-27-2011), robinjo (07-15-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Awesome

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Send me a donation and I will put it towards our community. Your donations buy us software, hardware, bandwidth, devices, and help us fund bounties & contests.

Thanks
    Hi
    Tnaks a lot for this Rom. Just installed on my Commtiva N700 and brilliant. Will now have to re-install all my apps as
    Titanium back-up would not recognize that my tablet was rooted, but a minor inconvenience. Hope you will keep up-dating.
    Again thanks from a senior citizen.

Stransky
    (Douglas)

Edit: Just re-booted and all my apps being restored automatically, awesome. Not having to spend time re-downloading.
    Last edited by Stransky; 07-15-2011 at 01:07 PM. Reason: additional information
    HTC Wildfire (Buzz) CM9 (Kang) RC-0 28/08
    Orange San Fran (ZTE Blade) CM9 CFX Coldfusion 28/06
    Advent Vega: CM 10.1 -20130727 UNOFFICIAL w/4GB Ext 4 (16GB SDCARD Samsung UHS}Overclocked @1.4Ghz
    Orange Tahiti (Huawei Mediapad) (Unlocked, Rooted and running Cyanogen 10.1 Unofficial O/C 1.5Ghz )
    iPhone 4S IOS 6.1 (Un-Tethered Jailbreak)
    Nexus 7 (16GB) Now unlocked & rooted on Stock JB 4.3

Thanks
    Hello

I installed this without wiping the /data partition and it came up with all applications and settings intact in the new build. Lovely piece of work. The /system/sd hack is especially useful. Only bug I can see so far is the same bug which is in the original version, which is that the screen rotation option seems unreliable, needs the "auto-rotate" function in the display settings menu to be ticked or unticked to get various applications to rotate. All in all, an excellent piece of work thank you. Will donate.

First Post
    Thanks
    hi
    i hope u dont mind if i give info about ur ROM at XDA with full credit to u as their are many at XDA who would love to use this rom of urs
    im right now downloading ur rom will keep u posted on the same

edit : sorry i see u have already given the same thanks for this great ROM
    thanks
    hari
    Last edited by flashomaniac; 07-21-2011 at 12:31 AM.

First Post
    Thanks
    Hello ! Overclocking possible??

First Post
    Thanks
    I flashed the ROM and now the touchscreen does not work Help!!! I did a factory reset, and resert the battery and Delvi thing. and the touch screen still does not work HELP please!!!

First Post
    Thanks

Viewsonic 78 2.2.2.

New to this
    Do I have to root to apply this rom ??
    If so which process do I use / Read about problems with the latest Viewpads
    Thanks for the work - Looks good - Hope I can use it
    Quote Originally Posted by skink View Post
    CleanViewpad7 v1.0
    based on latest official stock Viewpad 7 firmware Android 2.2.2

With installed ADW Launcher EX:

This build is for Viewsonic Viewpad 7. Iíve made this build mainly because I had one big problem with stock one Ė it was offering little space for my apps. I've used this opportunity to add extra features and remove some annoying ones. Here is the list of changes:
    • based on latest official stock Viewpad 7 firmware Android 2.2.2
    • added Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.2 functionality (require that you have extra partition on your SD card for storing your apps; exact procedure to create one is described in installation procedure)
    • fully deodexed and zipalligned ROM
    • ROM is rooted (Superuser.apk + su)
    • installed BusyBox with support for init.d scripts
    • replaced "Welcome" boot animation with stock android 2.2 animation
    • installed Gingerbread keyboard
    • installed Morelocale2 for more languages
    • modified framework-res.apk and services.jar with Gingerbread look like + % battery
    • removed Aldiko,RSS, TouchPAL_M20
    • updated gapps to newest version (Gmail, GoogleQuickSearchBox, Maps, Market, VoiceSearch) & YouTube
    • modified host file for ad-free
    Now you donít have to worry about decreasing internal storage when you install more application. You donít also lose access to application when you phone is connected in drive mode to computer, because application data is being hold on ext3 partition on SD card. That partition isnít mounted when your phone is connected to computer. The things that are redirected to this partition are: /data/app, /data/app-private and /data/dalvik-cache. Firmware should also work with compatible devices such as: Cherry Mobile Superion, Commtiva Linx N700, Olivepad VT-100, Spice MI700, and Camangi FM600 but I don't have these devices, so I cannot verify. As always make a backup before installing any custom firmwares.

Requirements:
    Changelog:
    V1.0
    • initial release
    Installation:
    1. Power down your device.
    2. Power on device holding power button and both volume keys simultaneously.
    3. Upon power up you will see the birds logo and 'enter recovery' text in the top left corner of the screen.
    4. Use the volume keys to step through the menu, power to select and back. (there is bug in clockwork when you press volume keys it jumps 2 steps; to jump one step press and hold volume and then press power to select)
    5. Select the "advanced->Partition SD Card" item, next select size for your Apps2SD partition (1024MB recommended), next select 0 as size of swap partition. (Remember that this will delete all data on your SD card, so make backup of SD card if you need !!!)
    6. After the partitioning will be done select the "reboot system now" item.
    7. Using USB cable connection or SD card reader copy CleanViewpad7_signed_v1.0.zip to root folder of SD card.
    8. Power down your device.
    9. Power on device holding power button and both volume keys simultaneously.
    10. Select the "backup and restore->Backup" item to make a backup of the current firmware in case something goes wrong. The backed up ROM should be located in: /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/date&time/
    11. Select the "wipe data/factory reset->Yes Ė delete all user dataĒ to clear old stuff.
    12. Select the "install zip from sdcard->choose zip from sdcard" item and select CleanViewpad7_signed_v1.0.zip.
    13. After flashing will be done select the "reboot system now" item. First boot may take a few minutes.
    Migrate from stock or another build:
    1. Make backup of your phone using Titanium Backup (select all user applications).
    2. Copy all files and folders from SD card to local folder on your computer.
    3. Install Clockwork Recovery Partition, create partition on SD card and install ROM as described in installation guide.
    4. Copy all files and folders from local folder on your computer back to SD card.
    5. Restore applications using Titanium Backup and reboot your phone.
    Download:

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Credits to:
    • Darktremor
    • hucqim80
    • dsixda
    • mendozinas
    • -Mr. X-
    If you like my work please consider donating:

Thanks everyone for donations.

Search tags for this page

cleanviewpad7 signed v1.0.zip

cleanviewpad7 v1.0

view sonic viewpad 7d rom

viewpad 7 firmware

viewpad 7 latest firmware

viewpad 7d firmware

viewpad 7d rom

viewpad 7d software update

viewsonic viewpad 7d firmware

working roms on our olivepad
Click on a term to search for related topics.