Thread: New Advent Tablet

Thanks

New Advent Tablet

Just read this on Engadget and thought it may be of interest.
    UK retailer offers 7-inch tablet with speedy Tegra 4 chip for 180UK retailer offers 7-inch tablet with speedy Tegra 4 chip for 180
    Hey, do you remember Advent? It turns out that the Dixons-owned brand has slapped its logo all over NVIDIA's Tegra Note reference design tablet in preparation for the holidays. Packing a 7-inch 1,280 x 800 display, the Advent Vega Tegra Note comes with a Tegra 4 paired with 1GB RAM, 16GB storage and Jelly Bean. 'Round back, you'll find a 5-megapixel primary camera and a 2-megapixel webcam up front, and there's micro-USB, micro-HDMI-out, Bluetooth 4.0 and 802.11 b/g/n WiFi finishing off the spec list. As with the original, the slate comes with a stylus, which NVIDIA promises will be incredibly responsive thanks to its DirectStylus know-how. Pre-orders begin tomorrow, and the hardware will start hitting doorstops on November 15 for the rather reasonable sum of 180.

Thanks

scanno's choice

Quote Originally Posted by affableaardvark View Post
    Just read this on Engadget and thought it may be of interest.
    UK retailer offers 7-inch tablet with speedy Tegra 4 chip for 180UK retailer offers 7-inch tablet with speedy Tegra 4 chip for 180
    Hey, do you remember Advent? It turns out that the Dixons-owned brand has slapped its logo all over NVIDIA's Tegra Note reference design tablet in preparation for the holidays. Packing a 7-inch 1,280 x 800 display, the Advent Vega Tegra Note comes with a Tegra 4 paired with 1GB RAM, 16GB storage and Jelly Bean. 'Round back, you'll find a 5-megapixel primary camera and a 2-megapixel webcam up front, and there's micro-USB, micro-HDMI-out, Bluetooth 4.0 and 802.11 b/g/n WiFi finishing off the spec list. As with the original, the slate comes with a stylus, which NVIDIA promises will be incredibly responsive thanks to its DirectStylus know-how. Pre-orders begin tomorrow, and the hardware will start hitting doorstops on November 15 for the rather reasonable sum of 180.
    for me whatever scanno picks as his next tablet seems the obvious choice, advent or not.

Regular
    Thanks
    It would be very interesting to know how does the Tegra4 perform on a tablet .. - According to some reviews, it is pretty fast... according to others, there are better SoCs out there...
    If you want to support my development, or want to help buying hw to support new features/devices, or just want to say thanks, please, consider making a donation through PayPal to my account: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ejtagle View Post
    It would be very interesting to know how does the Tegra4 perform on a tablet .. - According to some reviews, it is pretty fast... according to others, there are better SoCs out there...
    Hi
    Had a play with this in PC World (159). It is slim and looks a bit like the Asus Memo pad 7"
    with speaker grille across the top in portrait mode and all the inputs etc along the bottom incl power button. Very smooth scrolling but was not able to try any other functions.

Stransky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPad Air 16Gb IOS 9.2.1 Stock
    Advent Vega: CM 10.1 -20130727 UNOFFICIAL w/4GB Ext 4 (16GB SDCARD Samsung UHS}Overclocked @1.4Ghz
    LG G Pad 8.3 LV500 16GB w/64Gb SD Card running aosp_v500 6.0.1 MMB29U adrianomartins.
    Lg G4 32GB Unlocked Rooted Stock MM 6.0

Thanks
    Just got one from Currys, with a discount code (that they may or not honour), got it for 89.99, bargain.. Super fast.. Better than my 2012 Nexus 7
    Devices:- Samsung i9000, i9100, i9300, Advent Vega, ASUS Transformer Prime TF201,Nexus 7, LG Nexus 4

Regular
    Thanks
    mine arrived from pcworld using discount code too, for 90 quid this tablet is insane its just so fast compared to my old tegra 3 based nexus 7. everything working good just having an issue with gps lock on at the moment.
    also NVidia is supposed to be doing the 4.3 update sometime soon now.

Remove Ads