Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Kit Kat a Break for older Tablets and Phones?

Thanks
    Sounds promising but also a lot of work.
    I wonder how many of us still use the vega as this forum has started to get chilly.
    Best wishes

Regular
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by affableaardvark View Post
    I wonder how many of us still use the vega as this forum has started to get chilly.
    Best wishes
    Me too. I suppose that, due to the huge selection of tablets that are available right now,with better screens and way more computing power,tegra2 devices are not being used anymore for serious work. But i can attest that the tegra2 is more than capable of running android kitkat right now, if you don't need cutting edge 3d graphics...
    If you want to support my development, or want to help buying hw to support new features/devices, or just want to say thanks, please, consider making a donation through PayPal to my account: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ejtagle View Post
    Me too. I suppose that, due to the huge selection of tablets that are available right now,with better screens and way more computing power,tegra2 devices are not being used anymore for serious work. But i can attest that the tegra2 is more than capable of running android kitkat right now, if you don't need cutting edge 3d graphics...
    Hi
    I still use my Vega , although I have dropped back to Jellybean 4.1 final release as the later versions ran sluggishly on my Vega. I would love to hae Kit Kat on the Vega if it is at all possible but I understand that everyone has moved on and this may not be possible. I have nothing but praise for Ejtagle, scanno et al who made the Vega something better and able to run with the big boys of its time.
    I am ready and willing to assist in testing if ever we get an Alpha or Beta version to run on the Vega.

Stransky

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk
    iPad Air 16Gb IOS 9.2.1 Stock
    Advent Vega: CM 10.1 -20130727 UNOFFICIAL w/4GB Ext 4 (16GB SDCARD Samsung UHS}Overclocked @1.4Ghz
    LG G Pad 8.3 LV500 16GB w/64Gb SD Card running aosp_v500 6.0.1 MMB29U adrianomartins.
    Lg G4 32GB Unlocked Rooted Stock MM 6.0

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stransky For This Useful Post:

trveller72 (01-30-2014)

Thanks
    My Vega is finally archived, it became way too unstable and sluggish with any rom so I just gave up.
    So that gives in my case roughly 3 year operational life for the device. This is rather huge in the Android world (thanks again to the great community), but very little compared to the mileage you can get from any old pc. Too bad the Vega won't run a generic linux distro natively...
    Needless to mention, I don't think either development work for the vega would be very useful, except of course for the challenge...

Cheers guys (and meet you again eventually on other forums ;-)

LX

Regular
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmeapill View Post
    My Vega is finally archived, it became way too unstable and sluggish with any rom so I just gave up.
    So that gives in my case roughly 3 year operational life for the device. This is rather huge in the Android world (thanks again to the great community), but very little compared to the mileage you can get from any old pc. Too bad the Vega won't run a generic linux distro natively...
    Needless to mention, I don't think either development work for the vega would be very useful, except of course for the challenge...

Cheers guys (and meet you again eventually on other forums ;-)

LX
    Vega CAN run an ARM based native linux distro. In fact, while testing kernels, that is exactly what i use. I plug an USB hub and throu it, a keyboard and a mouse...
    If you want to support my development, or want to help buying hw to support new features/devices, or just want to say thanks, please, consider making a donation through PayPal to my account: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

Thanks
    @ejtagle: sounds very interesting - I didn't have the impression from the linux threads that it was possible to get a usable setup other that chrooted.
    Keyboard and mouse would probably be fine with me, even with an unaccelerated GUI, can you share your setup?

Regular
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmeapill View Post
    @ejtagle: sounds very interesting - I didn't have the impression from the linux threads that it was possible to get a usable setup other that chrooted.
    Keyboard and mouse would probably be fine with me, even with an unaccelerated GUI, can you share your setup?
    As soon as i return home... NVidia has published https://developer.nvidia.com/linux-tegra , that is a minimalistic linux with an accelerated X server... That is the base to use

Thanks
    Hmm, ok. that's the part I was missing. I'll give it a try

Thanks ;-)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by affableaardvark View Post
    Best wishes
    I still use the vega.
    Thank you all for the hard work

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trveller72 View Post
    I still use the vega.
    Thank you all for the hard work
    me, too

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads