Thread: Alas I must leave...

Thanks

Alas I must leave...

Hello all

I'm afraid the time has come to move on.

I still remember excitedly riding over to PC-World a couple of years ago, to snap up one of the (then) fast selling tablets. It was my 1st Android experience..

I found the Modaco site and spent several hours trying to follow the 2 second back-power-back instructions in order to install Paul's R8 custom ROM !!

It was the start of a great adventure and by reading the Modaco forums and eventually coming over to the this forum, I learnt so much more than I could have possible imagined. All the while I happily tried out the latest and greatest new ROMS and logged in daily to see what the latest tweak would be.

This Christmas I was given a 32G HP Touchpad and after a quick play with the native WebOS (and of course now being an expert!) , I quickly put android ICS on it. The difference was staggering and it spelt the end of the road for my Vega, which was donated to wife, but she, alas had already seen the touchpad and demanded one as well !!

The Vega is now being used with it's dock as an XBMC TV box (which it does rather well) and as I am no longer looking for the latest thing on it, I installed VegaICS along with XBMC and nothing else. It will now happily stream live football (tut tut), music videos and the like to a 32" TV and no longer is the display angle or constant fear of running out of space / memory an issue.

I'd just like to thank everyone here for all the posts and especially thank the Devs, who are quite amazing people in my opinion...

A happy new year to all.....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gevans3342 View Post
    Hello all

I'm afraid the time has come to move on.

I still remember excitedly riding over to PC-World a couple of years ago, to snap up one of the (then) fast selling tablets. It was my 1st Android experience..

I found the Modaco site and spent several hours trying to follow the 2 second back-power-back instructions in order to install Paul's R8 custom ROM !!

It was the start of a great adventure and by reading the Modaco forums and eventually coming over to the this forum, I learnt so much more than I could have possible imagined. All the while I happily tried out the latest and greatest new ROMS and logged in daily to see what the latest tweak would be.

This Christmas I was given a 32G HP Touchpad and after a quick play with the native WebOS (and of course now being an expert!) , I quickly put android ICS on it. The difference was staggering and it spelt the end of the road for my Vega, which was donated to wife, but she, alas had already seen the touchpad and demanded one as well !!

The Vega is now being used with it's dock as an XBMC TV box (which it does rather well) and as I am no longer looking for the latest thing on it, I installed VegaICS along with XBMC and nothing else. It will now happily stream live football (tut tut), music videos and the like to a 32" TV and no longer is the display angle or constant fear of running out of space / memory an issue.

I'd just like to thank everyone here for all the posts and especially thank the Devs, who are quite amazing people in my opinion...

A happy new year to all.....
    Dont put it away just play with it now and again.

Good luck you will be missed im sure
    Steve

Remove Ads