Thread: Device won't boot past green android logo?

Thanks

Device won't boot past green android logo?

My son's Vega had Vegacream installed and was working fine until this afternoon, when it wouldn't turn back on, I could only get the backlight to show for a few seconds, then just a black screen. I had to hold the power button for 5 secs to reset it, only to get the same backlight for a few seconds then black screen.

I've made sure I had all the correct drivers installed using AUDI, and I can get the tablet into nvflash recovery no problem and reflash roms. I've tried reflashing vegacream, no difference, just backlight then black screen again. I've also tried reflashing vega moddedstock and original stock 1.10, it says they've flashed correctly in the dos window, but they just show the green android logo for a few seconds, then black screen again, and I have to hold power for 5 seconds to shut it down, then it just boots to the android logo again etc etc etc.

I know there are loads of posts already about Vegas that won't boot, and I've read lots of them , but I can't seem to find a solution to my problem.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated, my son is badgering me every 5 minutes, is my tablet fixed yet Dad?!

PaK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by meehog View Post
    Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated, my son is badgering me every 5 minutes, is my tablet fixed yet Dad?!
    Hi meehog, I know how you feel, but in my case was my dad's Vega. This weekend I was flashing some roms and trying them, and I got the same black screen issue, but was after flashing corvus5sp1.

For the VegaCream I didnt have any problem with these steps:
    - moddedstock 1.10 v2 (nvflash)
    - Recovery mode -> wipe data / cache / davlink
    - VegaCream RC2 (nvflash)
    - Recovery mode -> wipe data / cache / davlink
    - Recovery mode -> VegaCream Beta 3 Full version zip

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PaK For This Useful Post:

meehog (09-17-2012)

Thanks
    Thanks for replying PaK, but I can't get into any recovery apart from nvflash mode. In nvflash, I can flash roms, (tried original and modded stock roms) and they seem to extract and install fine, but then when the tablet starts back up after flashing the rom, I just get a green android logo for a couple of seconds, then the tablet shuts down again. The green android logo is as far as I can get, no matter how many times I've tried. I think I need to be able to boot into a working rom and then reboot into clockworkmod before being able to wipe the cache etc don't I? Or is there a way of wiping these within nvflash?

Thanks again.

Thanks
    Thanks for replying PaK, but I can't get into any recovery apart from nvflash mode. In nvflash, I can flash roms, (tried original and modded stock roms) and they seem to extract and install fine, but then when the tablet starts back up after flashing the rom, I just get a green android logo for a couple of seconds, then the tablet shuts down again. The green android logo is as far as I can get, no matter how many times I've tried. I think I need to be able to boot into a working rom and then reboot into clockworkmod before being able to wipe the cache etc don't I? Or is there a way of wiping these within nvflash?

Thanks again.
    Try with VegaModdedStock_1.10_v3.exe (71.94 MB)
    then install CWM VegaBean-Beta3-1-stripped.zip (137.44 MB)

Thanks

Thanks again.
    Hi

I know its basic but do you have the Vega power connected.
    I have found that with my Vega when flashing Roms it is a requirement
    for me to have the power connected, otherwise I tended to get
    similar symptoms to yours.

Stransky
    HTC Wildfire (Buzz) CM9 (Kang) RC-0 28/08
    Orange San Fran (ZTE Blade) CM9 CFX Coldfusion 28/06
    Advent Vega: CM 10.1 -20130727 UNOFFICIAL w/4GB Ext 4 (16GB SDCARD Samsung UHS}Overclocked @1.4Ghz
    Orange Tahiti (Huawei Mediapad) (Unlocked, Rooted and running Cyanogen 10.1 Unofficial O/C 1.5Ghz )
    iPhone 4S IOS 6.1 (Un-Tethered Jailbreak)
    Nexus 7 (16GB) Now unlocked & rooted on Stock JB 4.3

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by legionnaire View Post
    is that modded stock V3 new? whats the difference from V1 & V2? also what difference is there between the vegabean Beta 3.1 stripped and the NVFlash version?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by legionnaire View Post
    Tried moddedstock 1.10_v3 but I just got the same result, a green android logo on booting up for a few seconds, then the Vega turns itself off again, so I still can't get into clockworkmod.

Starting to think it's dead it's just odd that it boots up for a few seconds and displays a logo, it seems like a software fault rather than hardware, but I can't get ANY rom to work.

Stransky, yes I'm trying it with the power cord attached, cheers though

PaK
    Thanks
    Have you tryied using adb?

./adb wait-for-device
    ./adb reboot recovery