Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [ROM] VegaComb BETA 1.7 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain!

Thanks
    Typing this on beta1.3 now. No problems yet (been about 20 minutes & no freezes yet)

@newbe: lovin the simple boot logo!

Thanks
    Just had first freeze, after about an hour of use, way better than before which was every 5 - 10 minutes.
    The book app disappeared on a reboot, but has now survived another reboot - wtf?
    Wifi didn't reconnect after the first reboot, but did after the second...

- mud

First Post
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mudcruzr View Post
    Just had first freeze, after about an hour of use, way better than before which was every 5 - 10 minutes.
    The book app disappeared on a reboot, but has now survived another reboot - wtf?
    Wifi didn't reconnect after the first reboot, but did after the second...

- mud
    Just registered to leave my observaons here as they recieved little attention on Modaco:

For me, freezes only happen when the available memory drops low 50mb. If I keep closing processes to free up memory, I do not get any freezes.

Will try Beta 1.3 and see if things improve. Can anyone else confirm things run fine until that last 50mb??

Thanks
    usb hard drive doesn't work do i have to do someting special to make ik work. it's formated ntfs.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by r00x View Post
    For me, freezes only happen when the available memory drops low 50mb. If I keep closing processes to free up memory, I do not get any freezes.

Will try Beta 1.3 and see if things improve. Can anyone else confirm things run fine until that last 50mb??
    I'm installing mine now... but based on this I'll try using https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rs.autokiller to keep free memory and see how it goes!

-----edit-----

About the Books application... mine always disappears as soon as I log into the market.
    Isn't that happening due to the fact that Books is only valid for US users? Cause if I try to re-install it from the web-market I got a message saying is not available for my region.

The print-screen is not working: whenever I try to enable it, it force closes the 'Settings' app.
    Last edited by Budius; 05-18-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayind4 View Post
    Hi Pakomen

Does stock rom 1.09 run well on your Vega?

Shayind
    Yes 1.09 runs well..modaco r8 also runs well corvus 0.5 runs ok..corvus 5 doesnt run, CM7 doesnt run,
    and Vegacomb doesnt run..
    cheers
    Pakomen

Thanks
    Also if I long-press the power button it is not showing the "Power Down" menu.... weird =/

Thanks
    1.3 is also much more stable for me - it seems to be able to tolerate low memory much better, down to as little as 30M yesterday and it was still repsonsive. I had 2 lock ups over the course of 2 hours but the first was with the CPU still clocked at 1.5Ghz. After dropping it down to 1Ghz I had another lockup but that was after a serious amount of use. Got the Advanced Task Killer widget on my homescreen so I'm just making sure to keep hitting that whenever I switch what I'm doing. Great progress so far though!

PS - anyone else seeing the bug in the Sky+ app where it never realises its in landscape mode so you don't get the EPG layout? Had it in 1.1 and its still there in 1.3 - not a major issue by any means though.

Thanks

Beta 1.3

Fixed lots of issues, thank guys. I also don't get the shutdown option. Some lag on the UI, set CPU to 1200 was better but when I set the low end to 312 it runs far better.

Thanks

Rebooting

Im using the beta1a version of VegaComb and its awesome :> Great work guys and I hope it just keeps getting better and better!

I just noticed you have updated the rom to 1.3 and Its probably been said or something but How do I get into recovery?

I know RomManager dosent seem to work, thats been said.
    GScript just reboots, tried the recovery_2, reboot script i found in this thread.

Its probably glaringly obvious but id realy appreciate it if someone who has updated from Beta1a to 1.3 could put a set of steps down as to how they did it. Thanks alot :> I look forward to using my usb pen again. Its been said but it needs saying again and again....

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME! :>

Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Remove Ads