Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USB Gamepads for Vegacomb / HoneyICE / VegaICS

Regular
    Thanks

USB Gamepads for Vegacomb / HoneyICE / VegaICS

Hi Everyone, i've got several usb gamepads, the way I understand it, honeycomb supports USB gamepads. When i plug it in, and do a dmesg, the gamepad is detected but the device inputs are not created automatically. I tried 2 gamepads, and it got detected in dmesg as generic usb joystick. I tried a very old gravis tilt gamepad, it gets detected and the device inputs are created, and gamepad works ok. Tried it also on a xbox wired controller and it works ok.

Ive read that joydev.ko is needed? Can someone compile the module and upload it? I've tried several joydev.ko from other forums and it doesnt work, module does not load. Im thinking maybe its because the module was compiled for different architecture, not tegra2. Hope somebody can upload joydev.ko for tegra2 from the honeyice kernel tree. . . Will be using it for my emulation needs. . . thanks!

Thanks
    Hi there,

USB/BT Joystick Center

Seems to work with my Xbox wired controller. Try your luck.

Regular
    Thanks
    xbox wired controller works out of the box for vegacomb, honeyice and vegaics, no need for USB BT Joystick Center . . . can someone compile joydev.ko please? thanks in advance

Thanks
    I have vegacomb 3.2 9n update 3 and having issues with my new Xbox controller usb. would like to try joydev.ko or xpad.ko as well if that is the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanrudolf View Post
    xbox wired controller works out of the box for vegacomb, honeyice and vegaics, no need for USB BT Joystick Center . . . can someone compile joydev.ko please? thanks in advance

Thanks
    had this problem myself once when I plugged in my xbox controller, had to remap the controls myself in the emulator I was using at the time. Strange really as i could not repeat this no matter how many times I tried. Even GTA 3 recognises my controller wothout any sort of configuration, currently on honeyice.
    Maybe the problem is intermittent? I do know however that gamepad controls weren't itegrated into ICS until 4.0.3.
    Hope any of this helps at all :P

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Thanks
    My controller is a XBOX wired controller for windows. Doesnt get picked up in onlive or in GTA3. The only place it does get picked up in (only when plugged in my Vega in USB host mode) is in N64oid. But every button on the controller bar the analogue stick movements, is picked up as a button press! In the remapping, i press a button and it comes up as none

Seems like Corvus may have taken the readings from a person concerned about their xbox windows controller and implemented it in there. Otherwise i can try to put honeyice on my tablet just to get the joydev and xpad files out if possible - but i like vegacomb too much as it is much more stable.. Wish i had bought a bog standard xbox controller now than the windows one!

Thanks
    Hi all, sorry but first time using x-box 360 controller with advent vega and vegaics. I plug in the controller and select usb host, this alowes the controller to be used to move around my home screen and select programs etc. But in riptibe and H.A.W.K.S it does not work. It does nothing at all in these games. Any ideas. Thanks.

Regular
    Thanks
    i just want to add that the wireless logitech f710 works on the HC / HoneyICE / VegaICS / CorvusReborn roms . . .

Thanks
    I use a wireless xbox360 pad and works flawlessly with a wireless adaptor

Thanks
    I Use the Xbox Pad too, USB/BT Joy tells me that it needs the USB API Layer to work. So If the App regonizes the Controller directly, you are fine, if not, then you have bad luck,
    or you are able to install tha API Layer. Is this that .ko File?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads