Thread: honeyice 3.2.7 wifi error

Thanks

honeyice 3.2.7 wifi error

Hi
    Installed honeyice 3.2.7, followed instructions and followed YouTube video, got it to work. But for some reason wifi would not work.
    And every time I tried to select wifi I either got an error or the Vega just rebooted. Anyone else has this problem and resolved it, I have gone back to 3.2update 3. Would like some help please.

Thanks
    Ensure that you have a working WiFi connection prior to flashing. If that doesn't work, reboot a few times as I have had the problem in the past. If that doesn't work try a data wipe from CWM if the error is still present (also found it works from previous versions).

If all else fails nvflash modded stock v2 and establish a WiFi connection on that before flashing vegacomb 9n then honeyice 3.2.7

Hope this works out for you.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Thanks
    hi
    thanks for that will give it another try but rebooted it several times with no joy, wiped the cache and data wipe before i flashed to 3.2.7, vegacomb 9n works ok, but i had similar problems before with an early honey ice update and ended up returning to vegacomb, i dont know whats wrong, but i did notice that there is something with bt wifi, which is what i am using.

Regular
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by acelectricalsecurity View Post
    hi
    thanks for that will give it another try but rebooted it several times with no joy, wiped the cache and data wipe before i flashed to 3.2.7, vegacomb 9n works ok, but i had similar problems before with an early honey ice update and ended up returning to vegacomb, i dont know whats wrong, but i did notice that there is something with bt wifi, which is what i am using.
    Am I correct in thinking that you are installing Vegacomb 9n, connecting to wi-fi then wiping via cwm before installing Honey Ice? If so, that is where you are going wrong. Install Vegacomb over moddedstock, observing wipes between moddedstock and Vegacomb. Then go into cwm to install Honey Ice, but DO NOT WIPE CACHES OR CLEAR DATA. Install modded stock, wipe caches, install Vegacomb, connect to wifi, then install Vegacomb, without any wiping. Wiping the caches and clearing the data prevents the wi-fi from connecting.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ursulavasey View Post
    Am I correct in thinking that you are installing Vegacomb 9n, connecting to wi-fi then wiping via cwm before installing Honey Ice? If so, that is where you are going wrong. Install Vegacomb over moddedstock, observing wipes between moddedstock and Vegacomb. Then go into cwm to install Honey Ice, but DO NOT WIPE CACHES OR CLEAR DATA. Install modded stock, wipe caches, install Vegacomb, connect to wifi, then install Vegacomb, without any wiping. Wiping the caches and clearing the data prevents the wi-fi from connecting.
    Thanks for that I was wiping everything then installing 3.2.7, have installed as you suggested and everything seems OK, again thanks.

Thanks
    Same problem here, running 3.2.7 for a while, suddenly the browser crashed (Maxthon) from there :wifi error, wiped user data, cache, dalvic etc, no cure, reinstalled rom, still no cure. back to modded stock, still wifi error but now its scanning and then reports an error in the setting. flashed back original firmware (mobii pov v1.10 i believe) still no wifi, flashed advent vega firmware, v1.08 i believe, you geussed it, no wifi. Currently back on latest hony-ice and use bluetooth tethering with my phone as a workaround. When i turn on wifi it report immidiatly error. can it be that my wifi module has died?? bluetooth works fine, thougt it was in the same module??

Edit: reading above post again I see I have a different problem, my wifi was running fine for a few weeks while running honey ice, it died during browsing one day and I never got it fixed. It didn't occurred right after updating or something.
    Last edited by voodoo113; 01-02-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Regular
    Thanks
    Bluetooth and wi-fi will not work together, particularly in Vegacomb. You can use either one or the other, but not both. I don't know if you need to reflash from scratch or simply switch off the bluetooth, although I would suggest a reflash from Modded stock to Vegacomb, wiping data and caches in between, then Vegacomb to Honey Ice, with no wipes in between. Set up your wi-fi after installing Vegacomb, but don't wipe caches or clear user data in between, as this will stop the wi-fi from working. Once you are on Honey Ice, check your wi-fi is working, but don't switch on bluetooth, as the wifi will stop working again. I don't know if anyone has found a workaround for the bluetooth and wi-fi to work at the same time, but I haven't seen a solution in the threads here.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ursulavasey For This Useful Post:

apsterdam (01-03-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ursulavasey View Post
    Bluetooth and wi-fi will not work together, particularly in Vegacomb. You can use either one or the other, but not both. I don't know if you need to reflash from scratch or simply switch off the bluetooth, although I would suggest a reflash from Modded stock to Vegacomb, wiping data and caches in between, then Vegacomb to Honey Ice, with no wipes in between. Set up your wi-fi after installing Vegacomb, but don't wipe caches or clear user data in between, as this will stop the wi-fi from working. Once you are on Honey Ice, check your wi-fi is working, but don't switch on bluetooth, as the wifi will stop working again. I don't know if anyone has found a workaround for the bluetooth and wi-fi to work at the same time, but I haven't seen a solution in the threads here.
    Hi there i had the same problem today and your method did the job thx for that, but i have to add i own a case with a bt keyboard in it and typed this message with it sow in my case wifi and bt work fine together , i did not try it with any other devices yet but this works XD
    Last edited by apsterdam; 01-03-2012 at 07:14 PM.

Regular
    Thanks
    Bluetooth and wifi will work together within limits.
    Streaming music across a wireless network to bluetooth speakers will result in a heavy load on both wifi and bluetooth
    hence reports of problems with drop outs and the like when doing this but something like a keyboard is not going to have
    any noticeable effect

Remove Ads