Page 61 of 301 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: [DISCONTINUED][ROM] VegaICS Beta1

Thanks
    to my knowledge it's a mini-pci slot. a standart mostly used laptops. i think it's even possible to insert a sata drive like OCZ Mini PCI-Express SSD (SATA) *EOL - OCZ at this moment it's unused. there is one little problem i can imagine, that's the driver.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sugar0 View Post
    Even worst but wifi worked at the same time or it disconnected ?
    wifi connected, A2DP connected.
    music ignores BT and plays on the device itself

with HDMI the music goes nowhere at all

Thanks
    why is my logcat cluttered with

it dumps that every few seconds.

BTW what is the driver for the usb-debugging. My win7x64 only finds a CDC serial and some times a shuttle. both unknown devices

Code:
    E/Wifi_Multicast( 1116): Error occurred while sending ping packet to ip6tnl0.
    E/Wifi_Multicast( 1116): java.net.SocketException: sendto failed: ENETUNREACH (N
    etwork is unreachable)
    E/Wifi_Multicast( 1116):        at libcore.io.IoBridge.maybeThrowAfterSendto(IoB
    ridge.java:496)
    E/Wifi_Multicast( 1116):        at libcore.io.IoBridge.sendto(IoBridge.java:465)

E/Wifi_Multicast( 1116):        at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.send(PlainDa
    tagramSocketImpl.java:182)
    E/Wifi_Multicast( 1116):        at java.net.DatagramSocket.send(DatagramSocket.j
    ava:287)
    E/Wifi_Multicast( 1116):        at com.nullsoft.winamp.wifi.e.run(Unknown Source
    )
    E/Wifi_Multicast( 1116): Caused by: libcore.io.ErrnoException: sendto failed: EN
    ETUNREACH (Network is unreachable)
    E/Wifi_Multicast( 1116):        at libcore.io.Posix.sendtoBytes(Native Method)
    E/Wifi_Multicast( 1116):        at libcore.io.Posix.sendto(Posix.java:146)
    E/Wifi_Multicast( 1116):        at libcore.io.BlockGuardOs.sendto(BlockGuardOs.j
    ava:177)
    E/Wifi_Multicast( 1116):        at libcore.io.IoBridge.sendto(IoBridge.java:463)

E/Wifi_Multicast( 1116):        ... 3 more
    edit: logcat via ADB over WIFI

Thanks
    Can any one sending Dmesg(your nickname).txt logs please do them from an initial boot and dont run any apps prior to doing the log Thanks

@Cass & Areo have found this " init: cannot find '/system/etc/install-recovery.sh', disabling 'flash_recovery' " im guessing the reason my vega wont boot into recovery. gonna do some research myself but you guys are the experts any info would be appriciated thanks

@ pebrey please could you do your log again as loads of errors related to i2c hundreds infact, on average the log should be around 28k in size where yours is 90k
    lol

Thanks

Zebuddi

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zebuddi View Post
    Can any one sending Dmesg(your nickname).txt logs please do them from an initial boot and dont run any apps prior to doing the log Thanks

@Cass & Areo have found this " init: cannot find '/system/etc/install-recovery.sh', disabling 'flash_recovery' " im guessing the reason my vega wont boot into recovery. gonna do some research myself but you guys are the experts any info would be appriciated thanks

@ pebrey please could you do your log again as loads of errors related to i2c hundreds infact, on average the log should be around 28k in size where yours is 90k
    lol

Thanks

Zebuddi
    @Zebuddi,

I think you are on to something. You could look into the files of the recovery button and see what it does. Does it create a file called install-recovery.sh? Then we need to get it dumped.
    Cass were you on the VegaComb team? If yes, could you give more clarification?
    I think if we have that script and people would chmod to 777 (just in case). Then run it with scriptmanager, it might reboot into cwm? Or am I all wrong cause this is just a wild theorie :P

Areo

Thanks
    @ Areo

have done a complete dump of the files is the internal memory no install-recovery.sh in /system/etc or anywhere.

just so you know where i coming from, im a hobbyist programmer mainly windows have some knowledge of linux learning as i go with android

am i right in assuming that logs are recreated at boot or reboot etc overwriting and destroying the old logs ? if so it would be impossible to dump whats going on after hitting the recovery button.

looking at possible solutions to that

Zebuddi

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks
    @ Areo

have done a complete dump of the files is the internal memory no install-recovery.sh in /system/etc or anywhere.

just so you know where i coming from, im a hobbyist programmer mainly windows have some knowledge of linux learning as i go with android

am i right in assuming that logs are recreated at boot or reboot etc overwriting and destroying the old logs ? if so it would be impossible to dump whats going on after hitting the recovery button.

looking at possible solutions to that

Zebuddi
    @Zebuddi,

I am a professional programmer for mainly windows too :P But also have some linux knowledge which is growing each day .
    /system/etc is not recreated every reboot/boot. Could you make a new thread about this? It's easier and more devs can focus on it.
    I do know that a flag is set somewhere, it's possible something looks @ the flag and creates the script or copies the script to that location and runs it to get into recovery. I have little time now, so I can help you sort more things out tomorrow.

Areo

edit: I think it's logical you didn't find it in your dump because it should be deleted every boot probably, try to look into init.rc to find something about it. Else crack open boot.img and look in the ramdisk, just to find out if it's deleted then or not.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to areo For This Useful Post:

zebuddi (01-10-2012)

Regular
    Thanks
    Haven't been posting in a while, just thought I'd chip in. Getting a little of topic discussing Vegacomb/honeyIce in the ICS post but anyway; with getting into recovery I take it the complete inability for some people to enter CWM is different to those who get a stale boot and can get into CWM using a forced reboot. If so I thought I'd point out that the reboot is a necessity to enter CWM and not a fault of the ROM. With the CWM version currently used which I take it is taken directly from CM7 as you can see their logo briefly, I did notice when running CM7 (and vegacomb I think) that the system would start to boot up and after a few seconds would reboot itself automatically to bring in into recovery so when the recovery script is found/ identified I think adding a simple reboot command will alleviate the CWM problem for some people.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by areo View Post
    @Zebuddi,

I am a professional programmer for mainly windows too :P But also have some linux knowledge which is growing each day .
    /system/etc is not recreated every reboot/boot. Could you make a new thread about this? It's easier and more devs can focus on it.
    I do know that a flag is set somewhere, it's possible something looks @ the flag and creates the script or copies the script to that location and runs it to get into recovery. I have little time now, so I can help you sort more things out tomorrow.

Areo

edit: I think it's logical you didn't find it in your dump because it should be deleted every boot probably, try to look into init.rc to find something about it. Else crack open boot.img and look in the ramdisk, just to find out if it's deleted then or not.

sorry misunderstanding i meant that the logs are recreated at reboot so is always refreshed after boot or reboot thereby losing anything logged about recovery !

Thanks

Zebuddi

PS nice to meet you and thanks for all the great work for a great little machine

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks

lol

Thanks

Zebuddi
    yeah ignore that error ... we dont use it and im 99.5% sure its not related to this problem.

Remove Ads