Page 2 of 301 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: [DISCONTINUED][ROM] VegaICS Beta1

Thanks
    hello guys, can somewone make a video of it?

Veteran
    Thanks
    Cass, thank you for posting the Alpha version for us to see progress.

Not complaining, just reporting my experience. Although you wrote that Wifi and Bluetooth work, on my Vega Wifi turns on and sees the available networks, but will not connect. Flashing screen when holding down the Power button to display shutdown menu.

Looking forward to the updated version in due course. Hope the other devs are able to join in and help you. But a huge thank you for your work so far.

CORRECTION - Sorry, the Wifi does connect to the service. I had to manually input my Service Point and it then connected. Gmail works, Market works. Benchmark score - 5089. Very impressive for 1GHz CPU speed!

However, after installing Flash 11, for some reason Gmail stopped working.
    Bluetooth still does not work
    MX Video Player works, but no sound
    Last edited by MikhailM; 12-17-2011 at 11:41 AM.

First Post
    Thanks
    Well Done on this first alpha build! This build is incredibly fast for a first alpha build. Keep up the great work! Thanks

Thanks
    can someone make a video please?

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MikhailM View Post
    Cass, thank you for posting the Alpha version for us to see progress.

Not complaining, just reporting my experience. Although you wrote that Wifi and Bluetooth work, on my Vega Wifi turns on and sees the available networks, but will not connect. Flashing screen when holding down the Power button to display shutdown menu.

Looking forward to the updated version in due course. Hope the other devs are able to join in and help you. But a huge thank you for your work so far.

CORRECTION - Sorry, the Wifi does connect to the service. I had to manually input my Service Point and it then connected. Gmail works, Market works. Benchmark score - 5089. Very impressive for 1GHz CPU speed!

However, after installing Flash 11, for some reason Gmail stopped working.
    Bluetooth still does not work
    MX Video Player works, but no sound
    Thanks for the feedback.. most of what you mentioned is known .. the wifi works but even for me its a wee but flakey ... The gmail/flash thing I didn't know about . Gmail fc'd for me out the box but I guess its as you say due to flash .. I didn't figure that at all.. logs show an audio issue weirdly

I'm compiling .. 4.0.3 now to see if that changes anything for us .. the build will be based on the xoom device profile .. As thats the build we based VC on I have higher hopes for stability this time round ohh and sensors are now working .... Ed fixed them for us...

Edit - for Bluetooth check perms on hciattach in system/bin.. should be executable.. had issues with that before..

Cheers
    Cass
    Last edited by Cass; 12-17-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Thanks
    really good job for first alpha I'll use it I think it's usable like that waiting for updates Great Job.

Thanks
    WoW amazing work ... i like it ... flashed and stayed on Tablet for updates

For everyone intressed in IRC Channel, i have created one on irc.FreeNode.net: #VegaICS
    2x PoV Mobii Tegra II - latest VegaBean (a.t.m. Version Alpha 3 self MOD)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Developing Linux Box:

CPU...: Intel XEON X3220 4x 2,4 GHz
    RAM...: 8 GB
    HDD...: 1x 300 GB SATA II
    VGA...: AMD/ATi Radeon HD 4870
    OS....: Ubuntu 64 Bit 12.04 for Android Developing

Thanks
    @Cass

Just installed Alpha and now downloading "my apps" from Market. No hitches so far.
    Running very smoothly except that every so often the Market stops when downloading
    and box pops up "unfortunately the Market has stopped".
    Benchmark (Antutu)5026.
    Cannot use Titanium Backup to restore apps ans settings, states Tab not rooted although I have Superuser
    installed.
    Await updates with eagerness.
    BTW Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and Newbe5 et al for the wonderful work on the Advent Vega
    to make it operate like its more expensive brothers and in some cases better them.

Edit2: Rebooted and Wifi is back, will monitor and repoprt any further problems.

Stransky

Edit: Wifi just dropped out and now showing "Not in range" although I am sitting 2 feet
    from the Modem. Also the info box bottom right states my MOdem has a poor internet connection. Never had any trouble with any previous Vega Roms and the internet connection.
    Last edited by Stransky; 12-17-2011 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Update
    docck likes this.
    iPad Air 16Gb IOS 9.2.1 Stock
    Advent Vega: CM 10.1 -20130727 UNOFFICIAL w/4GB Ext 4 (16GB SDCARD Samsung UHS}Overclocked @1.4Ghz
    LG G Pad 8.3 LV500 16GB w/64Gb SD Card running aosp_v500 6.0.1 MMB29U adrianomartins.
    Lg G4 32GB Unlocked Rooted Stock MM 6.0

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stransky View Post
    @Cass

Just installed Alpha and now downloading "my apps" from Market. No hitches so far.
    Running very smoothly except that every so often the Market stops when downloading
    and box pops up "unfortunately the Market has stopped".
    Benchmark (Antutu)5026.
    Cannot use Titanium Backup to restore apps ans settings, states Tab not rooted although I have Superuser
    installed.
    Await updates with eagerness.
    BTW Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and Newbe5 et al for the wonderful work on the Advent Vega
    to make it operate like its more expensive brothers and in some cases better them.

Edit2: Rebooted and Wifi is back, will monitor and repoprt any further problems.

Stransky

Edit: Wifi just dropped out and now showing "Not in range" although I am sitting 2 feet
    from the Modem. Also the info box bottom right states my MOdem has a poor internet connection. Never had any trouble with any previous Vega Roms and the internet connection.
    Yeah don't worry about all those issues, its an alpha, not a daily driver its flakey in many places...

Btw titanium requires the latest version for android 4.0 in order to work..

Edit : - also su binary is not incuded it seems. one more thing to blame on its Alpha status
    Last edited by Cass; 12-17-2011 at 07:17 PM.

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tafkardarso View Post
    WoW amazing work ... i like it ... flashed and stayed on Tablet for updates

For everyone intressed in IRC Channel, i have created one on irc.FreeNode.net: #VegaICS
    Cass logs into #VegaICS and does not get chanop? disgrace :P

Page 2 of 301 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Remove Ads