Page 111 of 301 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 3004
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: [DISCONTINUED][ROM] VegaICS Beta1

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    Yes we're close ... Just waiting for a short while incase anything else pops up .. you never know
    You just like the attention of everyone waiting, admit it! :P
    I'll either have something new to flash when I wake up or a new bug to curse but either way I'm both in awe and envious of your ability to do what you do

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyonas View Post
    You just like the attention of everyone waiting, admit it! :P
    I'll either have something new to flash when I wake up or a new bug to curse but either way I'm both in awe and envious of your ability to do what you do
    Heh, thanks but im no sadist :P i want this to be as good as it can be right now without major changes or a lot of support calls on the forum... Its been almost 6 weeks work gone into this from A2 to A3 and i don't want a sack of shit out there for you all to curse ... there are many changes at a low level and some in the userland space so i want it tested and as good as it can be before i release .. just testing has shown a few bugs i may have missed if id not have been testing as much as i have ... make a change on device, update my dev tree, create the image, update the release tree, flash ... test again .. repeat and rinse ... it all takes time .... there will be problems im sure of it when it hits the interwebs but i just want to minimize them, that is all .. Im sure you can all appreciate that !!

Cheers
    Cass
    Stokesy likes this.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cass For This Useful Post:

evren t (02-13-2012), Javdalen (02-13-2012), Stransky (02-13-2012)

Thanks
    Once released you will have many testers we know it won't be perfect as it still has an alpha tag we are here to help

Sent from one of .........
    Acer iconia a500 running flexreaper
    nexus 7 stock rooted
    htc one x jellybean rooted with androidrevelution 18.1
    Samsung notepad win 7
    Samsung net book win 7(need more ram ohhhhh soooooo slow 1gb is wrong)
    asus tf300 quadcore rooted and booted baby :-)
    hp i5 quade core 8gig ram 2tb hard drive 2gb graphics usb 3 fast as ............

Thanks
    I completely understand that point of view. I imagine if it was my work I'd want it to be as good as possible before letting it out. I don't want to pretend to speak for anyone other than myself but I'm pretty sure everyone will understand.

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyk View Post
    Once released you will have many testers we know it won't be perfect as it still has an alpha tag we are here to help
    For sure and i do know that .. but id like to get rid of the stuff i can notice before its out

Thanks
    For sure and i do know that .. but id like to get rid of the stuff i can notice before its out
    Having seen the stability of the alpha 2, I'm sure this is going to be the best rom for the vega so far!

Resident
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzaboy75 View Post
    Having seen the stability of the alpha 2, I'm sure this is going to be the best rom for the vega so far!
    I just hope I won´t run into freezes again. It seems my Vega was pretty lonely with that issue.

Thanks
    I can't wait to see how this will run on my Viewpad 10s.

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sörnäinen View Post
    I just hope I won´t run into freezes again. It seems my Vega was pretty lonely with that issue.
    What freezes? and what where you doing at the time, was it repeatable ? Did it cause you to have to power off/on to resume? if you do run into these and it needs a power off with A3 id like to provide a custom kernel you can flash and if you find you hang you can reboot by simply pressing the back button ... BUT ..caveat . in normal everyday use pressing the back button will cause a reboot debugging only im afraid ... The purpose of this kernel is to enable us to retrieve the logs with resetting that would be otherwise lost with a full power off .. we have a console of the kernel messages of the previous session that are retained in ram if there is no loss of power .. possibly this will help us diagnose this issue ...

Cheers
    Cass

Resident
    Thanks
    What freezes? and what where you doing at the time, was it repeatable ? Did it cause you to have to power off/on to resume? if you do run into these and it needs a power off with A3 id like to provide a custom kernel you can flash and if you find you hang you can reboot by simply pressing the back button ... BUT ..caveat . in normal everyday use pressing the back button will cause a reboot debugging only im afraid ... The purpose of this kernel is to enable us to retrieve the logs with resetting that would be otherwise lost with a full power off .. we have a console of the kernel messages of the previous session that are retained in ram if there is no loss of power .. possibly this will help us diagnose this issue ...

Cheers
    Cass
    Oops, thanks for giving that much attention. With Alpha2 I have regular freezes after 20 to 30 minutes - they seem to be only about the screen, not about general functionality. I still see the WLAN icon blinking, but touch on the screen has no effect and the autorotation also doesn't work.

I have to turn it off and restart to go on with whatever I was doing.

Usually after 20 minutes, maximum of 30 minutes. I reported it in the thread, but I think it got lost among other issues, since it was really only me having the issue, as far as I can see.

Shall we first try if Alpha3 works without this problem? Otherwise I will happily use the custom kernel (how cool is that) and send you logs. I never use the backbutton in normal use, so that wouldn´t be any problem.

Remove Ads