Page 11 of 301 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: [DISCONTINUED][ROM] VegaICS Beta1

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vega162 View Post
    I too am excited about the progress being made! Im sure this shall be far more stable than honeycomb due to the nature of ICS.

Can anyone report if the browser still forces closes on busy websites or has ICS resolved this issue?

Also how is the touchscreen in terms of responsiveness? Does it need constant re-calibrating?

Cant wait to see how this develops in the new year!

Ive not noticed any of these problems but then ive not used the browser much in anger, on 4.0.3 ive never seen a FC on browser .. seems stable ... the TS never needed to be calibrated by me in 1 month on having ICS booted ... It l also seems very responsive with decent edge performance too .. no issues i can report... but hey when i release the next version im sure many will report stuff ive not seen

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks

Need an app written !!

Hi,

I need a simple app written so i can add it to next release of VegaICS ... its to enable a reboot to CWM recovery until i can add support of a power menu .. any takers ?

The app will be very simple, just has to have an icon for the desktop/app drawer and when pressed it has to run 2 commands

setrecovery boot-recovery recovery
    reboot recovery

A nice message on press to say "rebooting to recovery, you may have to power off/on when screen blanks" would be great too ...

I could probably write it myself but ive no time right now to install Eclipse and all that other stuff im sure ill need to build an apk .... please PM the details if you are taking it on .. may be a nice surprise for you to test it on after its done

Cheers
    Cass

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    Hi,

I need a simple app written so i can add it to next release of VegaICS ... its to enable a reboot to CWM recovery until i can add support of a power menu .. any takers ?

The app will be very simple, just has to have an icon for the desktop/app drawer and when pressed it has to run 2 commands

reboot recovery

A nice message on press to say "rebooting to recovery, you may have to power off/on when screen blanks" would be great too ...

I could probably write it myself but ive no time right now to install Eclipse and all that other stuff im sure ill need to build an apk .... please PM the details if you are taking it on .. may be a nice surprise for you to test it on after its done

Cheers
    Cass
    Hi Cass,
    I'd be happy to give it a go, never done any development but no time like the present I'm getting a new PC in a few days so I might have to wait
    for that but I'll see what I can do on my current set-up.
    Any tips for an app dev n00b?
    Will

Thanks
    Isn't there such apps in the moddedstock rom?

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks
    Yes but its for old kernel.. no use

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post

reboot recovery

I could do it, and to be honest it's the very least I could.
    My Eclipse and SDK are all up-n-running, there's only one thing I don't understand, what are those 2 commands you want? Is it an actual java command, something passed through a java "shell" or should I be programming in NDK?

edit:
    is it using
    String[] commandString = {"setrecovery boot-recovery recovery","reboot recovery"};
    Process process = Runtime.getRuntime().exec(commandString);
    ??
    Last edited by Budius; 12-29-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Thanks
    Hi Guys,

Just made you a basic APK, I redo it with some text, all it does is checks for SU then runs the commands

Download Here: Recovery Reboot.apk

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Budius View Post
    I could do it, and to be honest it's the very least I could.
    My Eclipse and SDK are all up-n-running, there's only one thing I don't understand, what are those 2 commands you want? Is it an actual java command, something passed through a java "shell" or should I be programming in NDK?

edit:
    is it using
    String[] commandString = {"setrecovery boot-recovery recovery","reboot recovery"};
    Process process = Runtime.getRuntime().exec(commandString);
    ??
    Yup, looks likely.. just want 2 commands run which live in /system/bin

Cheers
    Cass

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lareeth View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just made you a basic APK, I redo it with some text, all it does is checks for SU then runs the commands

Download Here: Recovery Reboot.apk
    Great.. thanks.. ill test in a bit .. thank you

Thanks
    Just created an updated version, it will now error if there's no superuser etc and it waits 3 seconds before rebooting giving you a chance to close it if you didn't mean to open it, and I have also given it an icon

Download here: Recovery Reboot.apk

Page 11 of 301 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Remove Ads