Thread: Vegacomb - Battery Flat and screen lost calibration?

Regular
    Thanks

Vegacomb - Battery Flat and screen lost calibration?

Hi all,

I upgraded to Vegacomb last night.. For what ever reason the battery went flat in the night (I think my Wi-Fi dropped out and the tablet spent the night scannig for it). This morning it's impossible to browse the web. I try and click on a link, it zooms in. Try to open a new tab and I can't. Lots of other odd things when clicking around.

Any ideas? I see there was a calibration tool in Corvus5.. Is there something in Vegacomb, or is it a case of flashing back to that Rom?

Cheers..

Thanks
    Hello Everybody. I bought a Vega yesterday and installed VegaComb 3.2 (8.1) and happily used the tablet for a few hours, it was a fantastic rom, then i started having exactly the same problem as regards to the screen issue. no problem with battery though.

The screen was unresponsive to the point of not being able to even use the unlock screen. If i rebooted then 1 out of 3 times i could unlock the tablet with uber massive lag. click a few icons but within a minute or two, the screen is impossible to use.

I managed to install the screen calibration app, but got the an error message device is not supported or whatever message. i ran the calibration tool anyway, but it didn't make a difference. The Vega was unusable.

In the end i had to flash modded Stock V2 on it, the screen was still megalaggy until i then used the calibration tool. The calibration tool recognized the device this time, and worked like a charm.

As i only bought the vega yesterday, i'm a n00b as to whether there is a compatible screen calibration i can use with the vegacomb rom? Can the calibration tool be ported to it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as i thought the vegacomb was fantastic. I'm currently using corvus 5.1 which is another great rom, but i would rather use vegacomb as the UI is gorgeous.

I read that vegacomb calibrates the screen every time it starts up, but this definitely does not work on my tablet. ( I made sure the screen was never touched when it booted).

As a side note which may or may not have anything to do with this problem, it only started after trying some games, some of which must have been older games as they did not render in full screen on the tablet, i wonder if this could be a possible cause to the screen calibration dying?

Cheers guys.

Thanks
    I am having problems with my touchscreen too. It was working fine for about 2 weeks, but since 2 days ago it is only picked up touches from the right side of the panel (in about a 3 cm wide column), and sporadically anywhere else (touching in the same spot with multiple fingers seems to raise the odds of sensing).
    I was able to get an app called Touch Test on it, and it confirmed that the it's not registering my touches correctly.
    I also tried Moduleap.apk to recalibrate the touchscreen, but it had no effect.

I went back to Modded Stock v2, and the touch screen worked well on it.
    I reflashed VegaComb 3.2 (8.1) yesterday and the touchscreen still worked.
    I hope it will keep on working.

Thanks
    Hi there. I am another with this issue, reverted to Corvus5 for now. We have a thread in General for more background.

http://tabletroms.com/forums/vega-ge...en-issues.html

Hopefully this will receive some attention from the right people if it is noted here also Cheers.

Thanks

Recalibration app for vegacomb 3.2 looks it works

Quote Originally Posted by acbodger View Post
    Hi there. I am another with this issue, reverted to Corvus5 for now. We have a thread in General for more background.

Vega touch screen issues

Hopefully this will receive some attention from the right people if it is noted here also Cheers.
    Hi,

i am facing same issues like you all with a Viewpad 10s. It really looks there is some kind of relation between charging and touch progresive malfunction.
    Just as a workaround there is a calibration tool published on xda forum: [STICKY][APP][FIX] Touch Screen Calibration App - xda-developers
    It works on vegacomb 3.2, I am still testing but looks like it recovers the touchscreen sense.

Thanks
    How is this different from the Touchscreen Calibration in Shuttle Tools?

Thanks
    HUm... not sure, just testing. Apparently this one was published regarding the not so clear functionality of the booting calibration.
    I will report. For now, screen keeps rensponsive.

Remove Ads