Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advent Vega not starting - simular to others but not, please help

Thanks

Arrow Advent Vega not starting - simular to others but not, please help

Hello guys/girls,

I can see that others have had problems starting their Advent Vega's also.

I have a problems that when i try to turn the tablet on, i can see the Android, green robot logo, then i can see the Advent name for a split second and then the system seems to just shut off. I have left it to go completely flat and then recharged it, but still does the same thing. I have also tried the back button and then back + start and then just back button all for 2 seconds. but this does nothing at all.

The only thing that was done prior to this was that when we could not connect to the office WiFi, we reset the o/s factory reset. this worked for a few hours then just this. I have tried to plug the tablet into my laptop and see if it recognizes it, originally it found it and installed something, then every time after that it finds a remote drive, then just loses it, i cannot access this at all.

If i plug the charger in i get a (purple looking) led light flashing on the front, then when fully charges i see a constant blue light, these go out when the charger is taken out, but even at this point, it will only start as much as above then switch it self off (well the screen shows nothing) If i try to boot with back button ext. I do not get a blue light on the camera either.

This tablet has come from a reputable trusted source, so i don't believe they have done anything bad or hacked. We in turn are wanting to use this for a business purpose.

Please can someone help, I see so many saying you cannot really break these (without malicious abuse i am thinking). But this is so frustrating, that is slowly becoming an option also (joking)

I hope you guys can help me with some suggestions to try. I looked at your other like posts and tried to follow them also, however as i can still not get this to switch on or link to my PC i am still stuck

Please help.....

Tom

Thanks
    Hi Tom Welcome to the forum.
    The Rom loaded on your vega is probably just corrupt so it should be no biggie.
    You mention the advent splash so you are using a stock rom but it is helpful if you mention what Rom/version you are using (If you dont know this can also be useful to know).
    You will need to flash a new rom to your vega to correct the problem.
    The back/power button thing will put the tablet into NVflash mode so you can flash a rom using a PC and a USB cable. There are several stumbling blocks that may be causing your problem to get past first.
    First thing (probably what you are doing wrong), the vega needs to be powered off completely before doing the power/back button thing. To do this press the power button to turn on the vega so the screen lights up and it starts to boot, now press and hold the button for 12 seconds (may not need to be that long but you cant press it for too long). You are now properly off and can hold the back button down for 2 seconds, then while still holding the back button press the power button for 2 seconds and then release the power button followed by the back button. If the screen lights up you have done it wrong, try again. When in NVflash mode the tablet looks like its off but you will hear a ping from you PC (if the usb cable is plugged in) and a notification on the task bar (windows) that a new device has been found. If you already have the driver and it installs automatically you will be able to flash a rom now but if the driver is missing windows should let you know (in the notification area or a popup when the device is detected). If you dont have the driver do a search on here for Audi (automatic usb driver installer) or Vegatools (includes Audi) they will assist you in installing the usb driver and vegatools is a really useful tool to have (helps flashing roms too).
    If you have tried all of the above and you still cant get a PC to detect the vega then check the USB cable is the undamaged and is USB 2.0 as some people have had trouble with old usb 1.0 cables.
    Good luck
    P.S. as you are flashing a rom you may want to flash a custom rom. Try corvus5 SP1 for stability and smoothness (Andriod 2.2 froyo) or if you are a bit more adventurous and want more up to date features try Vegacream (Android 4.0.1 IceCreamSandwich) or Honeyice (Android 3.1 Honeycomb). The improvements in any of these roms will be a big surprise after just using the stock rom.
    Last edited by DivXDemon; 07-13-2012 at 09:34 PM.
    DivXDemon = Richard Lea
    support@replacementtabletscreens.co.uk
    Replacement Tablet Screens UK
    I offer a friendly, repair service for Tablet and Smart phone hardware problems. Just PM or email me your requirements.
    Spares, 3g/GPS upgrade kits, Replacement Touchscreens, LCD's and repair service for Advent Vega's and most Tablets.

Thanks
    Hello DivxDeamon,

Thank you for helping me out. I have tried the 12 seconds shutdown, then again trying to get into the NVflash mode, I dont know if i am perhaps doing something wrong here as I cannot see to get the tablet to do anything. It is plugged into my laptop (i3, Win7Pro 32,bit) but it does not recognize the tablet at all, only when it tries to power on, but then i have not access to the tablet anyway (prob as you say os is corrupted).

Admittedly i do not have the usb cable that comes with the tablet, so i am using a usb lead (2.0) from an external hard drive i have. hard drives is recognized straight away but nothing from the tablet (pc does not recognize it ) I am thinking i might go and buy a new usb 2.0 lead just to be sure that it is not the lead. I will keep trying with the NVflah mode as for some reason this does not seem to be happening for me.

Alternatively?? can the SD card (internal) be used to flash the tablet pc?

I have already downloaded the Venga tools so i have this, however the AUDI i have tried to download but only gives me an FBI warning message page.

I know that this tablet pc has 2.2 version on it as that was the first thing i checked when we received it, for the short period it was working. I believe i have downloaded the 2.2 version again, but if you believe that the 4.0.1 icecreamsandwich will work fine on here then i will see if i can find an image for this somewhere and try loading this rather. (as you say much better) I have this on my HTC phone also and love it.

Tom

Regular
    Thanks
    There was one important piece of information missing from DixDemon's otherwise detailed instructions. When you are doing the power off, back button, etc sequence, you need to have the Vega connected to the mains, as well as to the PC. Even if it is fully charged, it needs the extra power that the mains provides to get into NVFlash mode, which is the status you are trying to reach. If it doesn't go into NVFlash mode immediately on the first attempt keep trying - you'll get there eventually.

If you open the Vega tools up, AUDI is located within it, so you shouldn't need to download it separately. It is at the bottom of the screen, and it says "Install Drivers w/AUDI"

As for flashing a rom via the SD card - this is possible, but you need NVFlash a rom first, to give you access to CWM (ClockworkMod) recovery. Until you get a working rom on your Vega, this avenue will be closed to you.

As a guide, roms that have an .exe extension can be flashed via NVFlash, while roms with a .zip extension can be flashed via CWM. As for which is the best rom, that is a matter of opinion, and it depends whether you want reliability - it just works - or "bells and whistles". The bells and whistles roms are more stylish, and have higher functionality, but reliability can suffer as a result, causing them to be buggy. The important thing at this stage is to get you up and running, with something that works - you can change roms quite easily once you have got over this first step.

Thanks
    Hello Ursulavasey,

Thanl you for that information. I have it connected to both mains and the usb to the laptop. I am still a little stuck, it seems my latop does not detect or install this usb device. I have seen Nvidia Tegra come up and I have also seen ATX show up however both of these are still failing to install. If i use VegaTools (thank you very much yes i can see the AUDI in there) but from here it really does not do anything, still tells me device is not connected. So i am having more issues with the usb not communicating at the moment i think.

I have noticed the little blue light under the cover next to the cam, so i am presuming from what i have read from this that i am in the NVflash mode. So i am getting there

Have you got any suggestions for the usb issue i am currently having. I downloaded a link from http://www.myadventvega.co.uk/SystemUSB.zip I have extracted this file and tried to change the usb driver, but with no luch on this either. I bet once i have done this once it will be a piece of cake. (well hoping anyway)

Please can you help me some more?? (and a big thank you for everything so far, most appreciative)

Tom

Regular
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiVirus View Post
    Hello Ursulavasey,

Thanl you for that information. I have it connected to both mains and the usb to the laptop. I am still a little stuck, it seems my latop does not detect or install this usb device. I have seen Nvidia Tegra come up and I have also seen ATX show up however both of these are still failing to install. If i use VegaTools (thank you very much yes i can see the AUDI in there) but from here it really does not do anything, still tells me device is not connected. So i am having more issues with the usb not communicating at the moment i think.

I have noticed the little blue light under the cover next to the cam, so i am presuming from what i have read from this that i am in the NVflash mode. So i am getting there

Have you got any suggestions for the usb issue i am currently having. I downloaded a link from http://www.myadventvega.co.uk/SystemUSB.zip I have extracted this file and tried to change the usb driver, but with no luch on this either. I bet once i have done this once it will be a piece of cake. (well hoping anyway)

Please can you help me some more?? (and a big thank you for everything so far, most appreciative)

Tom
    Hello Tom, there are a couple of suggestions I can give you. The first thing is, when you connect via AUDI, as instructed, and follow the booting instructions, does the icon at the bottom turn green? If it does, the drivers are correctly installed and you can proceed to install the stock rom, or modded stock rom from Vegatools. You may not wish to keep either of these roms as your permanent choice, as they are effectively base roms - a start to getting to where you want to be. However, getting either one installed will help you get things started.

When you get the tablet into NVFlash mode, with the blue light showing, have you tried installing a rom directly through Vegatools? It is just a case of selecting the one you want and clicking on the download button (if you haven't downloaded it already) then clicking the install, while still in NVFlash mode.

Another issue, which is harder to check, is the USB cable. Several people have had problems similar to yours in the past, and when others have checked on their behalf, it transpired that the person having the problem was not using the official Vega cable. I understand from your second posting that you no longer have the original cable, and that may be the weak link in the process. Do you have access to another USB, or perhaps a friend or colleague has a Vega from whom you can borrow the cable to get you up and running. I believe that accessories such as the cable are hard to buy now, as the Vega is no longer sold new. Maybe there is one on Ebay or somewhere like that, that you can source. I had a quick look, but I couldn't find one.

Thanks
    Hi both,

It seems using the Vega Tool i installed the driver, only i had not checked back for the green light to come on, your hint was in this last comment, thank you.

I have managed to install the 2.2 version Android ok now. So many thanks to you both for your help, absolutely invaluable. May i please just ask one very last question?

When can i get a later version of Andriod for this tablet, that will work on here of course. if you could please post me a link or something even just to download it.

if it helps here are some more specs now:
    Model: Vega
    Android version: 2.2
    EC version: 1.9.0
    Build number: Harmony 2.2

Thank you guys again, you have been absolutely great.
    DivxDeamon
    usrulavasey
    I dont know if its possible, but if you can could you please private message me on here at all? I would like to do something in return also for you amazing efforts.

Kind regards

Thomas

Regular
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiVirus View Post
    Hi both,

It seems using the Vega Tool i installed the driver, only i had not checked back for the green light to come on, your hint was in this last comment, thank you.

I have managed to install the 2.2 version Android ok now. So many thanks to you both for your help, absolutely invaluable. May i please just ask one very last question?

When can i get a later version of Andriod for this tablet, that will work on here of course. if you could please post me a link or something even just to download it.

if it helps here are some more specs now:
    Model: Vega
    Android version: 2.2
    EC version: 1.9.0
    Build number: Harmony 2.2

Thank you guys again, you have been absolutely great.
    DivxDeamon
    usrulavasey
    I dont know if its possible, but if you can could you please private message me on here at all? I would like to do something in return also for you amazing efforts.

Kind regards

Thomas
    Glad you are up and running. I pm'd you as requested, there should be a notification at the top of your screen - just click on it, and the message is there. As for other roms, there are several, and I have attached a link below to where the downloads are. Some are Honeycomb based, and some are ICS based. Generally speaking the Honeycomb based ones are tablet optimised and more stable, while the ICS versions are more stylistically pleasing, and have more features, but are less stable. It's just a case of flashing each one until you find one you are happy with. If you need help with how to flash the zip versions, let me know and I will try to help you.

Thanks
    Didnt get any links could you please resend

Regular
    Thanks
    Sorry, my fault, I forgot to add the link - I'm a goose. I'm using my mobile now so I can't add the link. However if you search the rom threads for a thread entitled Megaupload is down ... etc, there are links to most of the roms there. That was the link I was going to add.

As for which version of Google Play is best for your current rom, I don't think it matters if you're going to change rom, as the new rom is going to have its own version of Google Play included anyway.
    Last edited by ursulavasey; 07-14-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads