Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advent Vega not starting - simular to others but not, please help

Thanks
    Cool thank you heaps, i will search it and see what i come up with

I tried a couple from searching only they all force stop, but i will keep looking or just change the rom first

Thank you

Regular
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiVirus View Post
    Cool thank you heaps, i will search it and see what i come up with

I tried a couple from searching only they all force stop, but i will keep looking or just change the rom first

Thank you
    I'm back on my computer now, and here is the page I should have sent you, with all the links I promised.

Multiupload.com is down - VegaComb, ModdedStock can be found here...

I didn't create the page, or the links therein, but it's useful page to have, as most of the roms are there at your fingertips. They are zip files, so they need to be downloaded to a folder on your computer then put onto your sd. There are various guides on how to do this in this forum, but I can advise you on the techniques you need, once you decide which rom you fancy. The initial thing is to choose a rom, download it to the computer and put it on your sd card. If a rom name says it is an update, there is generally a main rom to go with it, so you would flash the main rom, then flash the update afterwards. As I say, choose one from the list and I will advise you as to the best course of action with regard to putting it on your tablet.

Thanks
    Hi tom, glad you got it in the end. Now you have the USB drivers installed and have cracked the back button thing you are sorted. If you can flash the stock rom the you can flash any rom and you should try a few you have done the difficult part already. Just follow the instructions in the Roms parent thread.
    Ursulavasey has already pointed out some good roms to try but here are some more roms for you to test drive.

This is the most stable and still Very highly respected corvus5 rom thread. It is Android 2.2 like the stock rom so its a little old but it has lots of improvements over the stock rom, is fast, Rock solid and as smooth as a buttered Yorkie. Download links and install info in the parent thread. Corvus5 Rom

Vegacream is the most up to date version of ICS and is still under development. Here is the VegaCream thread [ROM] VegaCream for Advent Vega / PoV Mobii Tegra
    There are 2 versions to consider trying here Beta 3 is the latest stable release with only a few problems, RC1 is the latest Experimental version and has a completely new Kernel, RC1 is a little less stable for some people but not for others.

The point with trying RC1 or any new experimental Rom is that even if it doesn't work for you or suit your needs you can help improve it by giving feedback and reporting bugs to the developer. The developers are just "a few good men" and cant test everything, By helping the developer you my be helping yourself and in turn others. You may also learn something interesting. There are no stupid questions or observations, a small remark about something you have noticed could point the developer in the direction of the cause of a problem. I have seen this many times.

Good luck and have fun.

Edit, some tips,
    To send a PM to another member click on their user name and you will get a popup to "View profile", "send PM" and "search" for the members posts.
    To thank a member for a useful post click thanks in the bottom left corner of the post. You can also use the like button if you spot something you like.
    Last edited by DivXDemon; 07-14-2012 at 02:55 PM.
    DivXDemon = Richard Lea
    support@replacementtabletscreens.co.uk
    Replacement Tablet Screens UK
    I offer a friendly, repair service for Tablet and Smart phone hardware problems. Just PM or email me your requirements.
    Spares, 3g/GPS upgrade kits, Replacement Touchscreens, LCD's and repair service for Advent Vega's and most Tablets.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DivXDemon For This Useful Post:

AntiVirus (07-14-2012)

Thanks
    Hi both

Thank you again for the info, i checked the links that you sent me I will try to figure out which version is for me, I really only need the apps store and you tube working if i am honest. so perhaps a upgraded stable version? knackered now, but will look tomorrow.

What would you suggest just to get the basics above to work on my tablet?

Many thanks

Tom

Regular
    Thanks
    Hi both

Thank you again for the info, i checked the links that you sent me I will try to figure out which version is for me, I really only need the apps store and you tube working if i am honest. so perhaps a upgraded stable version? knackered now, but will look tomorrow.

What would you suggest just to get the basics above to work on my tablet?

Many thanks

Tom
    Try the link below. It is an old version of the Android Market, but it should update to become Google Play, all being well. Instructions of how to download and install it are in the thread. Once you have the market/Google Play installed, you should be able to get YouTube installed from within the Google Play app. No promises though, and I will make sure I actually add the link this time!

Market working on the vega 1.8 firmware - xda-developers

Thanks
    A big thank you to both of you, you have offered superb help and support. Can't thank you enough, its people like you that really make it worth while coming to forums to get support. I will most likely come back not too soon ha ha ha but will be sure to look you guys up on here.

Many thanks again

Tom

Regular
    Thanks
    A big thank you to both of you, you have offered superb help and support. Can't thank you enough, its people like you that really make it worth while coming to forums to get support. I will most likely come back not too soon ha ha ha but will be sure to look you guys up on here.

Many thanks again

Tom
    It's no problem Tom, we are all happy to help here. Most of us are end users, and we have all had to learn the process as we have gone along. Before too long, once you have got the hang of things, you will be advising others in the same way. Just remember - there's no such thing as a silly question! If you need to know something, don't be afraid to ask. There is usually someone who has had the same problem, and solutions are usually out there somewhere.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ursulavasey For This Useful Post:

AntiVirus (07-17-2012)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads