Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Install games like gta 3 on PoV mobii tegra 512mb HDD

Thanks

Install games like gta 3 on PoV mobii tegra 512mb HDD

Hello,

I was wondering if its possible to install games like gta 3 on the PoV mobii tegra, because gta downloads after the install the whole map and thats is more than 500mb (correct me if im wrong). Is it possible to install en let the apps run from the SD card?

Thanx

Thanks
    Yes it is. There several ways of achieving this. The simplist is to download the game and then simply enter settings, select applications and click move to SD card. If this doesn't give you hat you need come back to me and we can talk you through how to partition your SD card the link apps to this (which is a great way to get more app space).

Stokesy

Thanks
    I can only confirm that, running HoneyIce on the POV mobii tegra 2 with Link 2 SD(4Gb partition) which is great if not the best solution. Even better when you mount the FAT partition on the SD card with the PC. Apps don't get broken like with App 2 SD.

Grts
    Ted.
    Sent from either one of my devices: Yarvik TAB 210(android 2.1),310(Android 2.2),410(Android 2.2), 2* Point of View mobii Tegra2 Android 3.2 OC'ed, Dell Streak 5 8Gb stock Android 2.2.2, Samsung Galaxy S Plus stock Android 2.3.3 or my trustworthy IMac.

Thanks
    Ok thanx for the reply, that sounds great. When ill have recieved my Tablet ill gonna buy an 32GB class 4 sd card. So all my stuff would fit on it. Does this also works with vegaComb version? I was thinking to use that one, and when the VegaIce alpha 2 is stable enough im gonna try that one.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tharonny View Post
    Ok thanx for the reply, that sounds great. When ill have recieved my Tablet ill gonna buy an 32GB class 4 sd card. So all my stuff would fit on it. Does this also works with vegaComb version? I was thinking to use that one, and when the VegaIce alpha 2 is stable enough im gonna try that one.
    Yeah it will. When you get the new card mount it in your machine then go into recovery mode, by selecting 'recovery' from the start menu. In here select memory and then select partition the SD card. Once this is finished reboot you machine. Then you will notice that your card size has now reduced by the amount you set the partition too. I suggest making the partition at least 4gig.

Then download 'link2sd' from the market. Then when you have this software, you click on any application and select 'link to sd' and this will move it to the new partition and not use your internal memory at all. You can then set the option so that every time you download an app it automaticly links to the SD card. This way you will have loads of space for what you need.

Stokesy

Thanks
    To bump up my topic, ur talking about making partitions. Does this mean that my tablet doesnt reconise the rest of the micro sd space? Or will the 16GB just gets splitted in 4x 4gb?
    My 16GB MicroSD card should be delivered today, and hopefully I can try it today.

Regular
    Thanks
    even if u dont have link2sd, gta will still install. the main apk is surely less than 50MB, the additional data download will be saved in your sdcard in /android/data. hope it helps.

Thanks
    Ummm. doesn't GTA automatically place the files on the SD card?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by krist2an View Post
    Ummm. doesn't GTA automatically place the files on the SD card?
    yes, runs fine VegaICS beta 1. the actual .apk is saved to the internal memory is <14mb, all the downloaded content is saved to SD automagicaly. You can even move the .apk to the SD card, probably freeing up around 9-10 megs. No need for link2sd although its nice if you have lots of apps as the Vega has pitiful internal storage.

P.S. Link2SD didn't work for me on vegaics, although I've had it running on phones before, I tried ext2/3/4 and fat32 to no avail....grr, I believe it works fine on honeyice though.
    Last edited by TomH235; 05-21-2012 at 10:41 AM.

Thanks
    Am running vegaics same as above and have link2sd and it works great!....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads