Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Space

Regular
    Thanks

Space

Help.

I think I went a little mad with the apps for 10p. I'm using honey ice and have hardly any space left. The moved everything I can to the SD card, but I think I was on borrowed time.

Anyone use s link2sd? I didn't get very far before.

Regular
    Thanks
    I tried with another MicroSD card to create an ext3 partition using Easeus, I could create the partition but Link2SD wouldn't see it. Maybe it wasn't a primary partition? But I need to play with that some more..

In the end.. I cleared my SD card. Used Clockwork to partition it. Connected the Vega via usb and copied my data back overnight.. The USB is so slow!!

I then moved a load of apps and it's working fine I did have to create the mount scripts so it would be there on boot.

Regular
    Thanks
    i think the internal memory is transflash 512mb, it may be possible to upgrade it.

Regular
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by slybunda View Post
    i think the internal memory is transflash 512mb, it may be possible to upgrade it.
    As I said to the last person who suggested this, have you ever tried hand soldering a surface mount chip with minimal clearance
    between the pins? My employers have enough fun with 4 pin devices.

Regular
    Thanks
    Just to close this out.. I used a linux box in the end to backup, partition and restore. I now have a 700mb swap and 1gb for apps!

Thanks
    can you supply some instructions on how to do this as Im also in the same boat. I have around 30 odd apps and my vega is just about full. I have moved all I can to SD but storage is still very cramped. Also are you referring to the exteral SD card?

Regular
    Thanks
    That is the only sd card. Internal storage is flash not sd card.

Thanks
    Hi

I am running ICS Alpha3 +patch 2 and I use Link2sd with no problems. You need
    to go to settings in Links2sd and select option partition 3, assuming you
    have already partitioned your sd card. You do not need to have a swap partition.
    Just use create link when you run Links2sd. I use a partition size of 1024 as this allows for large apps and games.

Stranky
    iPad Air 16Gb IOS 9.2.1 Stock
    Advent Vega: CM 10.1 -20130727 UNOFFICIAL w/4GB Ext 4 (16GB SDCARD Samsung UHS}Overclocked @1.4Ghz
    LG G Pad 8.3 LV500 16GB w/64Gb SD Card running aosp_v500 6.0.1 MMB29U adrianomartins.
    Lg G4 32GB Unlocked Rooted Stock MM 6.0

Thanks
    OK Im a little confused with regards the built in Memory the Vega comes with. Ive only had this thing about 1 day and its my first tablet. I am fairly computer literate. I was under the impression that the Vega has 512mb internal memory for OS and 512mb internal flash storage? Am I right in that? I have very few apps on this thing and no games at all and its totally overflowing and Ive moved everything I can to the external SDcard. I dont have a spare large SD card. I have a class 10 32gb one on the way so until then I cant do the partition thing. Now Im currently looking at Titanium which is telling me that I have

System Rom 158mb (14mb free)
    Internal 314mb (105mb free)
    SD card 7.95gb (7.69gb free)

so that makes the internal storage (Rom and ram) 472mb. Does that not sound a bit little. Is this right? Does Vega comb take up more space than other Roms?

So to understand that partitioning thing. When I get my card 32gb class 10 thing. I partition it say with gparted in linux and then format the partition as ext3 that will become my app storage. The rest will remain fat32 and be used for media storage? How much would be a good partition size for the apps side of things? Would 10gb be a good size?
    Last edited by TheDatabug; 02-22-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Thanks
    OK so noone on here has any Idea on what the size is meant to be of the total internal storage on a Vega?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads