Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "vegacomb is free software...." vega locked on this message following upgrade

Thanks

"vegacomb is free software...." vega locked on this message following upgrade

Hi - looks like I must have taken a dodgy shortcut in installing vegacomb 9n on my son's Vega. I have no idea what version he had on there previously.

Downloaded the vegacomb 9n ZIP to the SD card, then selected "software update", now I get a white screen, and the message "Vegacomb is free software...." and the device does nothing else.

Any idea how I fix this?

Are there any simple instructions on how to install vegacomb without screwing up the device?

Cheers

Regular
    Thanks
    You selected the wrong option when you tried to install VC 9n. You should have selected the option to install zip from sd card. I think the only way to put this right is to start from scratch, by installing modded stock 2 using AUDI (this can be found in Vegatools). Then boot up as normal, go to CWM and wipe all caches, and clear user data. Then install VC 9n using the install zip from sd card option. From there you can boot up and use the tablet, install update 9n version 3, or install Honey Ice, which included the version 3 update. If you need step by step details on how to do this, come back here, and I will advise you further. The important step from your point of view is making sure that you choose install zip from sd card.

Thanks
    Cheers for getting back.

I've downloaded the AUDI software. Unless I'm being a muppet, I can't get it into recovery mode and keep getting the MS Driver installation dialogs. The red box continues saying I'm not in recovery mode. Could I have prevented it getting into recovery mode by installing 9n incorrectly?

Regular
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by climbersteve View Post
    Cheers for getting back.

I've downloaded the AUDI software. Unless I'm being a muppet, I can't get it into recovery mode and keep getting the MS Driver installation dialogs. The red box continues saying I'm not in recovery mode. Could I have prevented it getting into recovery mode by installing 9n incorrectly?
    What may be happening is that you haven't set up your tablet correctly. You need to connect it to the computer via usb and connect it to the mains via the charger. Even if it is fully charged, it needs the extra power that you get with a mains connection to do the job. Also - and this is vital - you need to run audi.exe as an administrator. Go to the audi.exe file and right click, then select "run as administrator".

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ursulavasey For This Useful Post:

climbersteve (11-13-2011)

Thanks
    Hi

restarted AUDI and the driver stuff worked (when I followed the instructions)

Reset to V1.1 Stock, then installed 9n from the zip on the SD card.

Now it boots using vegacomb, but hangs on the "exploding" vegacomb graphic????

Did not clearing user data cause this? How do I clear user data?

Regular
    Thanks
    Hi

restarted AUDI and the driver stuff worked (when I followed the instructions)

Reset to V1.1 Stock, then installed 9n from the zip on the SD card.

Now it boots using vegacomb, but hangs on the "exploding" vegacomb graphic????

Did not clearing user data cause this? How do I clear user data?
    You clear user data from within the clockworkmod (CWM) menu. You select "clear user data" then "wipe cache" then go to the "advanced" menu and select "wipe dalvik cache". It doesn't matter which order you do these in, but you must do all 3 to ensure you have a clean install. I would suggest you start the whole install process again (a pain I know) but it is the only way to get a clean, uninterrupted install.

Install modded stock 1 or 2, then boot to recovery (CWM) from the main menu. When in recovery wipe the user data, delete the cache and delete the Dalvik cache, as I described in the first paragraph. Then install the main Vegacom rom. If you then wish to install any of the updates, they can be done without wiping any of the caches after installing the main Vegacomb rom.

Thanks
    Hi - back to it...

I've got it working on V2.2, but can't download anything from Android Market, including CWM. Does the

Does the "erase all content and user settings" command under the software tool menu achieve the same thing?

Can I use the ifilemanager to navigate to the relevant folders and delete files?

Regular
    Thanks
    Hi - back to it...

I've got it working on V2.2, but can't download anything from Android Market, including CWM. Does the

Does the "erase all content and user settings" command under the software tool menu achieve the same thing?

Can I use the ifilemanager to navigate to the relevant folders and delete files?
    You are on Vegacomb 2.2? Don't you mean 3.2? I don't understand why you are trying to download cwm, when it is already part of the rom. If you want to get to cwm from Vegacomb, you need to press the power button and select recovery from the menu. This will power the tablet down to a black, backlit screen, which looks like a failed attempt to get into recovery (cwm). When you get to this screen, press and hold the power button until the orange cwm menu comes up. This will allow you to use the cwm menu as you see fit. If you are having market problems search for and download the market apk file and install it. The version you need is version 3.1.5. You should also check that the date and time are correct on the Vega, as the market won't work if they are wrong. I would suggest that you download a free app called clocksync, as that keeps the date and time correct. You can use the Ifile manager to navigate and delete as you describe, but I prefer an app called Astro File Manager, downloadable from the market, for this purpose.

Thanks
    Not vegacomb, V2.2 of the stock ROM from myadventvega

Installs OK, but I can't download any apps, never mind CWM

Regular
    Thanks
    Not vegacomb, V2.2 of the stock ROM from myadventvega

Installs OK, but I can't download any apps, never mind CWM
    Vegatools may be able to help you install CWM. It's a while since I used the stock rom, other than as a starting point to move up to Vegacomb, Corvus, etc. Consequently, I'm a bit rusty when it comes to setting up the stock rom. Have a look at Vegatools and download it, and see if it can help you get up and running.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads