Thread: Can't connect viewpad 10s to my computer... help please

Thanks

Can't connect viewpad 10s to my computer... help please

Ok...here is my story. I have a really big problem. I have the 10s(same is the advent vega) for about 3 weeks and i couldn't manage to connect it to my computer. I bought a male to male usb cable and when i plug in the tab and do the 2 sec back, 2 sec power thing my computer sees the tab as a unknown device. I tryed all the usb ports on my computer and nothing. I have xp but i tried on two other computers with win 7 and the same thing. I tried to update the driver from device manager ...tried to uninstall and search for new device and the same thing. I tried everything.... read all tutorials tried every usb driver... I ''broke '' my tablet and it won't boot now ...the backlight just starts and it turns off.So I need to connect my tab now badly.... so if someone could help....

Once more.....things i tried:

every usb port on comp
    diffrent windows and computers
    usb driver update
    audi
    vega tools
    10000000 times to get in to the recovery mode (hoping that the comp would show the apx device)

I didn't get a usb cable with my device so i had to buy one..i only found a male to male cable like this

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

So if anyone knows a way to help me with my unknown device problem... please do... i'm really sad that my tab is ''dead'' have it for a couple of weeks...

Thanks
    Hi vlaskalic, I have a Viewpad 10s and maybe can help you with this.
    I made a simple adapter USB male to male to use with a standar male to female USB cable, and work very well.
    Just now I'm very busy and canīt explain, but later today be here again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tonybaretta For This Useful Post:

tucmans (01-05-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonybaretta View Post
    Hi vlaskalic, I have a Viewpad 10s and maybe can help you with this.
    I made a simple adapter USB male to male to use with a standar male to female USB cable, and work very well.
    Just now I'm very busy and canīt explain, but later today be here again.
    Ok.,.,..I added you as a friend. Hope it will work.
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vlaskalic View Post
    Ok...here is my story. I have a really big problem. I have the 10s(same is the advent vega) for about 3 weeks and i couldn't manage to connect it to my computer. I bought a male to male usb cable and when i plug in the tab and do the 2 sec back, 2 sec power thing my computer sees the tab as a unknown device. I tryed all the usb ports on my computer and nothing. I have xp but i tried on two other computers with win 7 and the same thing. I tried to update the driver from device manager ...tried to uninstall and search for new device and the same thing. I tried everything.... read all tutorials tried every usb driver... I ''broke '' my tablet and it won't boot now ...the backlight just starts and it turns off.So I need to connect my tab now badly.... so if someone could help....

Once more.....things i tried:

every usb port on comp
    diffrent windows and computers
    usb driver update
    audi
    vega tools
    10000000 times to get in to the recovery mode (hoping that the comp would show the apx device)

I didn't get a usb cable with my device so i had to buy one..i only found a male to male cable like this

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

So if anyone knows a way to help me with my unknown device problem... please do... i'm really sad that my tab is ''dead'' have it for a couple of weeks...
    hi mate i had the same problem when i first tried to do this with my viewsonic, what i ended up doing was hold down for ages power and hoping it to work,it will end up turing on..i have windows 7 and my advice is first go to the myadentvega.co.uk and the driver software you want is there to use ,but before you us that driver first you need to use there full software image update version v1.10 this will actually convert your machine into a advent vega first , so you download the software onto you micro sd card first and then put into your tablet and then go into the place on the machine to do a update and use the software to do a firmware update you dont need to unzip the file,. once you do the firmware update turn the machine back on and you will see advent vega..i then would try to connect in recovery mode to my computer ,go into the device manager and look for apx, if you see it i would then do the update with the usb driver software of the adventvega website, once you do that you can use moddedstock the way everybody says.. if you had issues once you try to connect and it didnt read apx when you connect to the computer go back into vega tools and delete the driver and then try again .. this should find and not fix the driver , but help you go into the device manager and see apx to do the update in device manager. good luck i hope i helped
    Last edited by viewsonicoz; 09-25-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Thanks
    Ok, you need a USB male to male (A-A) cable.
    (A-A) means the data conection is not inverted.
    I made mine using a comercial male to female USB (A-A) like this:

and a couple of male USB connector like this
    USB connector male.jpg
    The trick is put one male connector over the other and use an iron soldering like this images:
    S5000019b.jpg
    With this adapter in the female connector of the cable, you can use the cable between your Viewpad 10s and your Pc.

I only use this driver for USB: http://www.myadventvega.co.uk/SystemUSB.zip, and work very fine under Win7 or XP.
    When you make a correct secuence to start the NVFlash in the Viewpad, an APX device is discovered.
    I use the driver and the cable in 4 diferente PC and ever work fine to flash my Viewpad.

Sorry for my english, is not my language.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by viewsonicoz View Post
    hi mate i had the same problem when i first tried to do this with my viewsonic, what i ended up doing was hold down for ages power and hoping it to work,it will end up turing on..i have windows 7 and my advice is first go to the myadentvega.co.uk and the driver software you want is there to use ,but before you us that driver first you need to use there full software image update version v1.10 this will actually convert your machine into a advent vega first , so you download the software onto you micro sd card first and then put into your tablet and then go into the place on the machine to do a update and use the software to do a firmware update you dont need to unzip the file,. once you do the firmware update turn the machine back on and you will see advent vega..i then would try to connect in recovery mode to my computer ,go into the device manager and look for apx, if you see it i would then do the update with the usb driver software of the adventvega website, once you do that you can use moddedstock the way everybody says.. if you had issues once you try to connect and it didnt read apx when you connect to the computer go back into vega tools and delete the driver and then try again .. this should find and not fix the driver , but help you go into the device manager and see apx to do the update in device manager. good luck i hope i helped
    ''ut before you us that driver first you need to use there full software image update version v1.10 this will actually convert your machine into a advent vega first , so you download the software onto you micro sd card first and then put into your tablet and then go into the place on the machine to do a update and use the software to do a firmware update you dont need to unzip the file,. once you do the firmware update turn the machine back on and you will see advent vega''

I can't turn my tablet on... i ''killed'' it.... so i don't know what to put on the sd card ( the full software update is a exe file not a zip one) and what to do when i put it.... i just need to connect my tablet to the pc

Thanks
    [QUOTE=vlaskalic;28206I can't turn my tablet on... i ''killed'' it.... so i don't know what to put on the sd card ( the full software update is a exe file not a zip one) and what to do when i put it.... i just need to connect my tablet to the pc [/QUOTE]

Donīt worry, your tablet is not dead, only is bricked.
    To debrick your Viewpad you need install USB driver and the USB cable, male to male (A-A).
    When you have the cable then follow this steps:
    a) Be sure your tablet is off. (Pulse POWER 10 seconds if you are not sure)
    b) Plug the charger to your tablet.
    c) Connect the USB cable between the tablet and PC.
    d) Pulse and keep the BACK button, after 2 seconds pulse Power button, keep both for 2 seconds and release Power, after 2 more seconds release the Back button.

If your timing is good, the Pc must do a beep and you can see an APX device in the USB icon for secure disconection (at the botton right of the screen), and the screen in the tablet MUST BE OFF.
    In case you can see the backligth on, you must restart all process.
    Be sure to disconect USB, the Charger, and keep the power button pressed til the tablet is off before restart from a).

If the process work, you can use VegaModdedStock_v1.10_v2.exe to flash your tablet.
    When you are done that you can install a new rom or if you want, I can send you a copy of the default ROM for Viewpad 10s.
    Last edited by Tonybaretta; 09-25-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Thanks
    I managed to fix ma tab trough linux, big thanks to my friend " zozon" who helped me a lot :-)

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vlaskalic View Post
    I managed to fix ma tab trough linux, big thanks to my friend " zozon" who helped me a lot :-)
    Pleasure is mine

11. The Following User Says Thank You to zozon For This Useful Post:

vlaskalic (09-26-2011)

Remove Ads