Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fed up - Starting fastboot usb download protocol, again :(

Thanks

Angry Fed up - Starting fastboot usb download protocol, again :(

This is my first post and my first real problem with the vega, when it's working it's fabulous.
    For random reasons (just turning on my vega, using reboot and using usb host) I keep getting 'starting fastboot usb download protocol' and I can't seem to get out of it, is there a way? I have found a few people with the same problem but none actually give a fix, just reflashing the stock rom, moddedstock proceedure which I have done 4 times over the past week . Not fun

It has mostly happened whilst using vegacomb 3.2 in both builds 7 and 8.1. I did make a nandroid backup one of the previous times of installing vegacomb to save me going right back to the beginning, but found it to be more trouble than it's worth with trying to get adb set up properly and working. I am really getting annoyed with it.

I knew I'd have to spend some time flashing the vega to get it to a usable state but this is just ridiculous. Is there any ways of getting out of this screen without having to set up fastboot and adb? and what causes this in the first place, surely a plain reboot or turning it on shouldn't put it into fastboot :\

Thanks
    *update* I've got adb and fastboot working now, I think, but trying fastboot reboot just reboots the device to the same message baahh surely someone else has got this happen more than once like me? I don't mind reflashing everything but I know that anything that happens could cause this again. I think I'll have to stay on Froyo and see if it does it again, unless anyone can help?

Thanks
    Hi
    USB host mode is not yet available in Vegacomb 3.2 Bld8.1 unless you have a dock for the Vega. So trying to enable it on boot
    will give the response you are getting.

Stransky

Sent from my VegaComb using Tapatalk
    iPad Air 16Gb IOS 9.2.1 Stock
    Advent Vega: CM 10.1 -20130727 UNOFFICIAL w/4GB Ext 4 (16GB SDCARD Samsung UHS}Overclocked @1.4Ghz
    LG G Pad 8.3 LV500 16GB w/64Gb SD Card running aosp_v500 6.0.1 MMB29U adrianomartins.
    Lg G4 32GB Unlocked Rooted Stock MM 6.0

Thanks
    Thanks for the response, I do remember reading it somewhere but obviously forgot when trying to use a usb stick :\ so I guess that one was my fault, but how can simply turning the vega on cause this? The time before the last reflash, I simply turned the vega on after turning it off the night before and this also caused fastboot to start. and this last time, I used the 'reboot' function on the menu accessed from a long press on the power button.

Think I'm going to reflash again and will post if another instance of this happens again.

Thanks
    update- reflashed, clicked power off on the same power button menu, turned back on. fastboot again! WHAT :S

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelby View Post
    *update* I've got adb and fastboot working now, I think, but trying fastboot reboot just reboots the device to the same message baahh surely someone else has got this happen more than once like me? I don't mind reflashing everything but I know that anything that happens could cause this again. I think I'll have to stay on Froyo and see if it does it again, unless anyone can help?
    Sounds like you have a corrupt boot partition .. this message only appears when you have nothing to boot from ...

Download fastboot app if you have windows here
    for other os google it, you'll find it ...

Now .. when you have fastboot .. you should extract the VC zip file and see a boot.img file, when you have this, run

fastboot -i 0x955 -b 0x10000000 -c "mem=512M@0M console=tty0" flash boot boot.img

then when it completes, power off then on the tablet .. you should now boot into the OS as per normal .. If this fails and you go back to fastboot mode then you need to flash the (modded)stock rom and continue ... You flash this as per the usual method in apx mode with either nvlash or the .exe that comes with the stock roms ...

Cass

Thanks
    Thanks for the response Cass, I have just tried this (due to another instance of this after reflashing yesterday) and it indeed just boots back into fastboot again. It reports that the boot.img is written ok both in cmd and on device. To elaborate on fastboot coming up again today; the device was ~30% full when I just put it on lock last night. This morning it wouldn't turn on so I presumed the battery had drained (maybe the battery bar wasn't correct) and plugged it in. I then turned it on to find fastboot again O_o For now, I am officially giving up with honeycomb which is a real shame because the vegacomb dev's did an amazing job on it and I was amazed how snappy the vega was running it, but I can't risk having to reflash every day or two.

If I remember rightly, fastboot did happen to me once or twice on Froyo as well but maybe I'll try a different rom (previously used r8). Do you think this could be something wrong with my device?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelby View Post
    Thanks for the response Cass, I have just tried this (due to another instance of this after reflashing yesterday) and it indeed just boots back into fastboot again. It reports that the boot.img is written ok both in cmd and on device. To elaborate on fastboot coming up again today; the device was ~30% full when I just put it on lock last night. This morning it wouldn't turn on so I presumed the battery had drained (maybe the battery bar wasn't correct) and plugged it in. I then turned it on to find fastboot again O_o For now, I am officially giving up with honeycomb which is a real shame because the vegacomb dev's did an amazing job on it and I was amazed how snappy the vega was running it, but I can't risk having to reflash every day or two.

If I remember rightly, fastboot did happen to me once or twice on Froyo as well but maybe I'll try a different rom (previously used r8). Do you think this could be something wrong with my device?
    Cass is right, that the Vega goes into fastboot mode when. it is unable to read a boot.img therefore has no way of booting.

if you are experiencing this I would suggest reverting back the advent stock 1.10 and run it for a while or even take it it your local dealer to get it looked over.

billy..

Thanks
    Thanks very much for all the help, I'll stay on a different rom for a while and see what happens. I've had my vega since the beginning of July and was running fine for all that time, on Froyo R8 rom, only going into fast boot once so I'll see how it goes. like you say, it's still well within warranty so I may get it looked at if I have further problems (after flashing stock rom back)

Thanks
    Tried out corvus5 today and so far it's running great, but it's just not honeycomb. Really want to be using vegacomb, but still no idea whats causing it to loose the boot image and why it just won't come off the fastboot screen with reinstalling the boot.img :S

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads