Thread: Is the screen supposed to be this lame?

Thanks

Is the screen supposed to be this lame?

Hey y'all.

Just wondering whether or not I have a 'faulty' unit or not. Is the screen/resolution quality supposed to be rather low?

Compared to my EeePad (which is crisp and pin-sharp) the Vega is bitty, small text sometimes looks pixelated and overall it's not as vivid or as sharp. What's the colour depth? I get a lot of halo-ing on, well, everything: wallpaper, apps, etc.

Obviously having picked one up for sub 120 I wasn't expecting the world, and I'm totally smitten with it now Vegacomb is on it - but just wondering if the "screen" is supposed to be like this. It's perfectly fine if it is.

Thanks
    Ha, I just got delivery of my Vega yesterday and wasn't overly pleased with the screen quality (especially being used to the crisp quality on other [non-tablets] devices I own! I suppose it is what it is. Would the Vegacomb ROM have made any difference? I flashed it pretty much as soon as I receive the device and for some reason the screen quality is starting to grow on me!

If this thing had the same screen as the AF or SGT 10.1, it would be excellent (but the price would probably go up by quite a bit too)!

Still thinking about getting the Samsung GT 10.1 though!

The EeePad has a far superior screen (resolution and otherwise) so you cannot compare the too.

Thanks
    Actually I am getting a bit paranoid now. I bought my Vega from the outlet store on ebay..

Can someone with a brand new one confirm what the screen quality is like, especially the text (!)

Thanks.

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sh500 View Post
    Actually I am getting a bit paranoid now. I bought my Vega from the outlet store on ebay..

Can someone with a brand new one confirm what the screen quality is like, especially the text (!)

Thanks.
    There are a few different panels in play with the Vega, the first one i had was crap looking from angles etc, but the touch was much better, no real dead spots etc ... the second i got panel is great, looks nice from most angles and is far superior to the first, but i suffer from dead spots at the top, browser tabs etc .. this is only exhibited at 120dpi, push it to 160 (naitive for res) and the dead spots go away .. Upshot is, its a cheap device and with a cheap panel no matter who manufactures it ... just some are better in some ways than others ...

Remove Ads