2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Andy Hillman

Thread: Arcade Cabinet for Vega

Thanks

Cool Arcade Cabinet for Vega

Forum Users everywhere

Im trying to build somthing simlar to icade retro gaming arcade cabinet for ipad.

10456744-1314001789-669620.jpg

i have dimensions, controls, etc. I was planning to use Bluetooth and hack a WII mote for the controls but with the recent roms having issues with bluetooth, i would like this unit to be compatible with future roms. so, short of buying a dock specifically to hack for this build, i was wondering if anyone knew what the pins were on the bottom of the vega so i can make a wired controller.

Thanks in advance for your help

Andy
    lometje likes this.

Thanks
    Good question, I've googled around but could not find any data sheets. Good luck, seems like a cool project!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lometje For This Useful Post:

Andy Hillman (08-25-2011)

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hillman View Post
    Forum Users everywhere

Im trying to build somthing simlar to icade retro gaming arcade cabinet for ipad.

10456744-1314001789-669620.jpg

i have dimensions, controls, etc. I was planning to use Bluetooth and hack a WII mote for the controls but with the recent roms having issues with bluetooth, i would like this unit to be compatible with future roms. so, short of buying a dock specifically to hack for this build, i was wondering if anyone knew what the pins were on the bottom of the vega so i can make a wired controller.

Thanks in advance for your help

Andy
    If you dont care for honeycomb right now, and for a game unit like this its probably not critical, use corvus5 rom as it has XPad support in kernel, you will be able to use a wired xbox 360 controller for games.. Hopefully we will get this added to the newer kernel for HC soon but to my mind this is the easiest option for you right now. At least it will let you get started

Rgds
    Cass

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    If you dont care for honeycomb right now, and for a game unit like this its probably not critical, use corvus5 rom as it has XPad support in kernel, you will be able to use a wired xbox 360 controller for games.. Hopefully we will get this added to the newer kernel for HC soon but to my mind this is the easiest option for you right now. At least it will let you get started

Rgds
    Cass
    Thanks for the reply Cass

I do care for honeycomb, ALOT, infact i love it and thank you all for your work. i would prefer to use honeycomb rather than corvus5 as it would be a little more future proof. I have had problems in the past with wired controllers. i have tested the few i have on hand and cant get them to work. you have any tips on this?

would customizing another rom be a sensible idea? i could strip corvus5 say of all but the essential apps and put some emulators and games on there?

ideally i would love to create an app to use as a "frontend" to all these apps, but i am still learning with the android APK.

cheers

Thanks
    there is an app for the wii controller including the classic controller. you could rewire the wii buttons to the arcade ones?

Remove Ads