Thread: help needed

Thanks

help needed

hi i'm new to all this and forgive me if this is posted anywhere else
    i have a vega running vegacomb1.6 i have downloaded 1.6 to 1.7 update my question is how do i upgrade it from 1.6 to 1.7,is there a thread somewhere or something on youtube do i need the moddedstock base or will i have it? sorry for being stupid but as i've said i'm new to this any help appreciated

Thanks
    Hi,
    I have ordered a POV mobii Tegra 10. I have bought a 10" case+keyboard a few weeks ago, when I wanted to buy a SuperPad.
    My question is: May I use this keyboard on the USB of the POV? May it happen anything wrong, if I connect this keyboard for a try?
    Thank you

Thanks
    You should be OK with plugging in the keyboard but the problem you will have is the POV might not be in USB host mode and therefore not power up the keyboard.

There are many ROMs that you can download which will switch between modes. You could try VegaComb or Corvus5 both change to host mode by holding down one of the keys when powering the tablet up.

Just just it a go and have fun doing it....

Billy..

Thanks
    Thank you Billy for your answer. I got my tablet yesterday afternoon. This is my first one. I will try it what you wrote, but first of all I have to learn a lot of thinks about this wonderful equipment.

mobil

Thanks
    (removing double post)

Thanks
    Hi Billy, As you suggested I changed the ROM and now it is possible to switch the USB between host and slave. Also also read in another forum, that if I connect an USB HUB between the keyboard and the tablet, the keyboard will be good. THIS WAS TRUE. Now, my keyboard is working.

Thanks
    Sorry it taken so long to get back to you, work life balance a little bit out.

As standard the tablet will boot into SLAVE mode and is waiting to communicate with a MASTER, eg Printer and Cameras don't talk as they are both SLAVES

In HOST (MASTER) mode your tablet can control other devices like keyboards, memory-sticks, cameras, etc...

So if you an a USB hub you will only increase the number of USB devices you could theoretically connect not force into HOST mode.

Now if you have become as lazy as I have you could invest in a docking station which uses the connection on the base of the tablet which allows 3 permanent HOST USB connections so I can leave the keyboard, power and HDMI plugged in.

Hope that helps.
    Billy..

Remove Ads