Thread: Vega freezing in recovery mode

Thanks

Vega freezing in recovery mode

Hi there

I recently tried to install Vegacomb (1.5.1 I think it was) via ClockworkMod on my Vega and it stuck in the recovery mode.
    I get the tablet to reboot into recovery, then the little android with the opening box/arrow coming out appears and it goes no further.
    I have tried reflashing back to the manufacturers 1.10 ROM with success, then back to R8 fine. But now whenever I try to get into recovery it just stays at the little fella with the box and goes no further.
    Is there a way of installing Vegacomb via the PC, without recovery mode? Or can I fix this recovery mode problem?
    Many thanks in advance
    Andy

Thanks
    Check your SDcard. There is a folder clockworkmod. It contains the downloads that ROM Manager made, your nandroid backups and some other files. Delete the other files and try again going into Recovery.

Deleting that files helped me. But make sure you do not delete your backups.

Quote Originally Posted by object4 View Post
    Hi there

I recently tried to install Vegacomb (1.5.1 I think it was) via ClockworkMod on my Vega and it stuck in the recovery mode.
    I get the tablet to reboot into recovery, then the little android with the opening box/arrow coming out appears and it goes no further.
    I have tried reflashing back to the manufacturers 1.10 ROM with success, then back to R8 fine. But now whenever I try to get into recovery it just stays at the little fella with the box and goes no further.
    Is there a way of installing Vegacomb via the PC, without recovery mode? Or can I fix this recovery mode problem?
    Many thanks in advance
    Andy

3. The Following User Says Thank You to beegee_tokyo For This Useful Post:

object4 (06-20-2011)

Thanks
    Thats great, thanks very much for the reply.
    All sorted now and Vegacomb on board - although I have only got it to boot once so far! The rest of the time it just sits in a backlit, but black, screen and nothing shifts. Just poking round the other posts to see what is happening, and it looks like a bug. Heyho - back to the drawing board!
    Thanks again for your help
    Andy

Thanks
    Hi again guys.
    I havent been able to get the Vegacomb to boot again so I have offloaded it.
    I have noticed that my Vega doesnt seem to go into recovery mode at all - when I flash it with the Recovery prog, it only ever restarts into a black backlit screen rather than the text menu I am told to expect. Is there anything I could have done that would have 'damaged' the Vega's capacity to go into the clockworkmod recovery mode?
    I can get it with the 'press,release,press' trick to reload the 1.10 factory settings which is fine, and when I flash that version with the recovery app it comes up in the menu fine. But once it says it is going to restart into recovery mode, it just hangs in the backlit black screen.
    Many thanks in anticipation. The one time Vegacomb 1.6 did run it looked excellent, so would love to reload it!
    Cheers
    Andy

Thanks
    I have had the same problems, you need to ensure that you update the clockworkmod, it should be version 3 at least.

If not you'll get either a blank screen or or just the graph with no menu.

To load the vegacomb rom via adb command you can amend Paul's R8 installer. I could help if you get stuck.

Billy..

Remove Ads