Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: GPS on Vega

Thanks

GPS on Vega

Hi
    I have just bought a Wayfinder Bluetooth GPS Module. Does anyone know which phone to select from the getwf.com site to enable the Vega to connect to it. Any help greatly appreciated.

Stransky
    (Douglas)

Thanks
    Trevor432990's post over at MoDaCo has a step by step tutorial to connect that very GPS unit to your Vega http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-vega-vega-modaco-com/330815/gps-navigation-on-the-vega/

- mud

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mudcruzr For This Useful Post:

Stransky (06-09-2011)

Thanks
    Evening folks, I wonder if anyone can help me get my Wayfinder GPS going on my Vega. I’ve been following the instructions given here (as suggested above) …….

GPS Navigation on the Vega - Android @ MoDaCo

All fine until I get right to the end. I do step 12 as follows

“12. Go to BT GPS app initial screen and select START

At this point the screen should blank and pop-up a message saying gathering GPS data (or words to that effect) and you may notice two icons appear on the Vega notification bar 1) a blue arrow showing Navigator is loaded 2) a blue radio signal showing BT GPS is running. After that a dimmed display will appear with the following options NAVIGATE, PHONE, VOICE SEARCH, CONTACTS, MUSIC, EXIT CAR MODE”.

Things don’t work quite like that for me unfortunately. When I press start I get some information about which satellites are being tracked, and I get some text strings (which I believe is the GPS output data in the form of NMEA sentences). I don’t get a dimmed display with the options Navigate, Phone etc as indicated in the OP. It just doesn’t happen! I think the GPS is working fine – get blue and green lights indicating bluetooth connection and navigation solution all OK.

Any thoughts anyone? I’m running 3.2 Build 9n - haven’t done update 1,2, or 3 yet. I guess that should be my next move but if anyone has any ideas that would be marvellous! TIA

Nick
    sakaic likes this.

Thanks
    Have you tried the additional items in point 78 of that post you reference above?

Thanks
    Had a very similar problem myself. I found you're better off using GPS Mouse as it seems to work better with Google Navigation.

Sent from my VegaComb using Tapatalk

Thanks
    thanks for that. I'm looking at post 78 right now. Seem to have another problem at the moment though - can't use google maps. All other browser stuff is fine, but when I go to maps the display is dimmed and nothing happens! It was working fine yesterday.

Will check out GPS Mouse as well, thanks

Regular
    Thanks
    if you're using vegacomb then when it dims the try rotating the screen from landscape to portrait in case it's that hidden menu bug though seems
    unlikely.
    I'm using the wayfinder device on vegacomb using bluetooth gps provide from mobile-j.de. Works fine with navfree
    but the latest update to google maps causes the vega to reset 5 seconds or so after maps is started.

Thanks
    OK, I found that while GPS Mouse works well it kept causing my WiFi connection to drop I've now found one called TetherGPS which works really well. Basically it has a client and server app, and uses WiFi to link them. I run the server on my Motorola Atrix running Mobile WiFi Hotspot and I run the client on my Advent Vega and it seems to work really well.

Banned
    Thanks
    As per my information there are no any default in GPS, I am using GPS provider application to create connection with it via bluetooth to an external GPS. It also support My Fake Location application which can fools some other applications into the brooding people have obtained GPS enabled.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adyhooper View Post
    As per my information there are no any default in GPS, I am using GPS provider application to create connection with it via bluetooth to an external GPS. It also support My Fake Location application which can fools some other applications into the brooding people have obtained GPS enabled.
    could you provide market link to gps provider please!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads