Thread: Advent Vega Stuck on stale boot and can't go into clockwork recovery mode

Thanks

Advent Vega Stuck on stale boot and can't go into clockwork recovery mode

hi , i have installed vegacomb 8.1 and the device doesn't go par the android logo and it is stuck at the same image. and i am not even able to go to clockwork recovery mode . Device keeps rebooting . I have installed vegacomb using clockwork recovery mode.. Please help !!

Regular
    Thanks
    I had this problem on builds 6, 7, 8 and 8.1, but there is a way around it. Reboot to recovery (this will not actually go into recovery, but it is needed to start the process). When the tablet is in a "stale boot" (black screen showing), press the power button until the tablet powers off. Leave it a few seconds and it will power on to the cwm menu, meaning it is now in recovery. From there, I would suggest you wipe the main cache (you should not need to clear the user data, nor wipe the Dalvik cache). From the cwm choose the reboot option, which should then boot the tablet into the main menu.

I assume you have flashed modded stock 2 prior to installing VC 8.1, as it needs modded stock 2 to install. You cannot install VC build 8 directly from any other rom, without installing modded stock 2 first. Try the steps above, and let me know if there are any further problems, or if your issue is resolved.

Thanks
    I have the same problem, its driving me crazy because I can't get into recovery mode. I dont even get the blank screen.

ADB works for some stuff. I was able to push Clockworkmod but got the following error when setting the permissions.
    - exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -

I see the device serial number as '0000' when I do ADB devices.

Any help is appreiciated.

Thanks
    WoooHoo I managed to get to the blank screen recovery and reflashed it following this guide.
    [Q] adb shell "exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2)" - xda-developers

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by amigiac View Post
    WoooHoo I managed to get to the blank screen recovery and reflashed it following this guide.
    [Q] adb shell "exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2)" - xda-developers
    Thanks! That's I needed.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ursulavasey View Post
    Reboot to recovery (this will not actually go into recovery, but it is needed to start the process). When the tablet is in a "stale boot" (black screen showing), press the power button until the tablet powers off. Leave it a few seconds and it will power on to the cwm menu, meaning it is now in recovery. From there, I would suggest you wipe the main cache (you should not need to clear the user data, nor wipe the Dalvik cache). From the cwm choose the reboot option, which should then boot the tablet into the main menu.

I assume you have flashed modded stock 2 prior to installing VC 8.1, as it needs modded stock 2 to install. You cannot install VC build 8 directly from any other rom, without installing modded stock 2 first. Try the steps above, and let me know if there are any further problems, or if your issue is resolved.
    Doesn't power on on itself (certainly not into recovery) ! with modstockv2 couldn't reboot to recovery from recovery :s
    Last edited by rootuser; 12-20-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Thanks
    Hello, My Advent Vega is stuck in the blank screen and cannot get into recovery mode. Tablet was running VegaBean Beta1 for the last three weeks and always powered on and off without problems. This morning it won't boot, is stuck when I press the power button the backlight comes on and it stays on. Waited 5 minutes and nothing happens. tried getting into recovery mode several times and unsuccessful. Has anyone found a way to get into recovery mode?

Thanks
    You can't get into recovery mode directly from cold - I'm afraid you'll need to NVFlash a fresh ROM to get anywhere.

Remove Ads