Thread: Battery Life

Thanks

Battery Life

Maybe its just me but the battery life on this thing is no where near the xoom's. on the first charge my xoom lasted 5 days, i may have used it a little less than my transformer during that time i don't know. but i've been using the asus for about 24 hours mainly just installing apps, setting up the homescreens, and just getting to know it in general. haven't watched any full movies or anything, just testing what it will play and a few youtube videos. my asus is at 49% after 1 day. this beautiful screen makes up for any difference in battery life though i'll have to give it some more time to know for sure.

Thanks
    man the battery life sucks on this thing.....but i'm scared to update for fear of a brick or the ability to root. i'll just hang in there

Thanks
    is this with the dock or without? suppose to be 9 hours of use without dock and dock should add another 7 making 16 hours of use total. thats use= video playing is the method i think everyone tests it with.
    Donations, purchases of port covers, and purchases of NT SD Cards go towards my production of tutorial videos. If you have not seen them, check out my youtube channel

Thanks
    24 hours use (I assume you are letting it go to sleep when you aren't actually using it) and still having half a charge is a lot better than Adam!!! I get less than 6 hours on the Adam. Two days on a charge sounds great by comparison to Adam. (I don't have a xoom to compare, and of course it isn't clear just how much use you put the machine to for the day. I would be on it most of the time ;-)

Thanks
    Hopefully Honeycomb, which the xoom has over the Adam at the moment, is the only reason why.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarf View Post
    24 hours use (I assume you are letting it go to sleep when you aren't actually using it) and still having half a charge is a lot better than Adam!!! I get less than 6 hours on the Adam. Two days on a charge sounds great by comparison to Adam. (I don't have a xoom to compare, and of course it isn't clear just how much use you put the machine to for the day. I would be on it most of the time ;-)
    it may be good compared to adam but i saw honeycomb's potential in the xoom and asus isn't coming close. i have just updated to the newest firmware from the asus' website so i'll see if it helps any. i'm not too worried about it because i know an update will eventually take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertWertz View Post
    is this with the dock or without? suppose to be 9 hours of use without dock and dock should add another 7 making 16 hours of use total. thats use= video playing is the method i think everyone tests it with.
    this is the tablet only. if i were just using it non stop to browse, watch videos and anything else it may last 9 hours. i'm not disputing that. its when its in sleep mode. it drains battery just as fast as if i were watching a movie on it, well not quite but pretty fast.
    Last edited by crimton; 05-04-2011 at 05:03 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crimton View Post
    it may be good compared to adam but i saw honeycomb's potential in the xoom and asus isn't coming close. i have just updated to the newest firmware from the asus' website so i'll see if it helps any. i'm not too worried about it because i know an update will eventually take care of it.

this is the tablet only. if i were just using it non stop to browse, watch videos and anything else it may last 9 hours. i'm not disputing that. its when its in sleep mode. it drains battery just as fast as if i were watching a movie on it, well not quite but pretty fast.
    Really strange. My Transformer, in sleep mode overnight went from 71% charge to 70% charge, i.e. 1% over 8 hours, so I should get about a month in sleep mode. (and thats with WiFi left on, as I get email notifications while in sleep mode)

In full use, like reading a book, it drains about 10% an hour, so I should get about 10 hours, or the 9 hours advertised with 10% left over for getting to a charger...

Are you sure you aren't leaving some power drain running when in sleep mode? (I'm not sure I can see what that would be...)

BTW, just got my keyboard, and hooked it up, but I can't tell how much charge the keyboard has on it. Status still says the same as when it wasn't hooked up. Do the two batteries become one?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarf View Post
    Really strange. My Transformer, in sleep mode overnight went from 71% charge to 70% charge, i.e. 1% over 8 hours, so I should get about a month in sleep mode. (and thats with WiFi left on, as I get email notifications while in sleep mode)

In full use, like reading a book, it drains about 10% an hour, so I should get about 10 hours, or the 9 hours advertised with 10% left over for getting to a charger...

Are you sure you aren't leaving some power drain running when in sleep mode? (I'm not sure I can see what that would be...)

BTW, just got my keyboard, and hooked it up, but I can't tell how much charge the keyboard has on it. Status still says the same as when it wasn't hooked up. Do the two batteries become one?
    yes! thats the battery life i want and had on the xoom. the standby time was stellar. i suspect some of the asus widgets or something maybe running in the background even though i don't use them. the battery life has improved it seems since i started this thread, but not significantly. or its possible i have so many apps and stuff installed there is a ton of stuff running in the background. i'm gonna play around with killing all processes before putting to sleep and maybe try underclocking and setting screen off profiles with setcpu(if it even will work)

Thanks
    my battery life is significantly better after installing setcpu and setting a screen off profile and a battery profile. i'm at 35% and tomorrow will be my 4th day on this charge. thats more like it

Remove Ads