Thread: Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet ROM development

Thanks

Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet ROM development

Perhaps it is time to move the Thinkpad Tablet thread to a major area. We may then get some ROM development going. The SuperOneClick method of gaining root (SuperUser status) does not seem to work, and I sure miss Root Explorer (rather than Explorer) and Titanium Backup.

All things in good time, I guess.
    Google Nexus S GT-i9023 Unlocked, rooted [CNA (Mod) 2.0.0-RC2 Android 4.0.4 IMM76D/Matr1x-CFS-V21.5, OnDemand~Deadline 200-1000Mhz/XXKL1] --- Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet, Unlocked, rooted, 18392QM 0080_ROW, [Android 3.1, OTA 2.5, OnDemand~Noop] --- Google Nexus One Unlocked, rooted [fireb33 GRK39FV2] --- NI Adam WiFi LCD Unlocked, rooted [Android 4.0.4 CM9 Beta5]

Thanks
    I did move it to a more visible area of the forum, but unless some Chinese Developer takes pity on us and posts the keys, I do not see this happening anytime soon. We have devs from all over the net trying to get this thing cracked and no luck so far. I even added to the bounty over at ThinkPadTabletforums.

I've also been more vocal then usual in terms of criticizing the company in their forums for not breaking the mold and assist the development community in providing the necessary tools. This will help both them as well as for us. But so far no word from Lenovo.

TS out

We are the Android, we will assimilate you.
    Want to make this place better, just ask the staff. Remember, the "No' is always there, you are just looking for the "Yes".
    Members, please read the Guidelines otherwise Banlandia awaits.

Find me on Google + or twitter

Thanks
    Now I have my Nexus S running AOSP+ ICS 4.0.3 and using Ezekeel's kernel, I will be turning my attention to getting the NI Adam onto ICS (watching Mr.Deadlocked & Rayman proceed) and once that it is finalised to my liking, I will turn to the TPT. The way I hear it, Lenovo will be pushing out Android 4.0.3 in March 2012. I can wait, but it desperately needs new drivers for WiFi and a new radio for 3G.
    Google Nexus S GT-i9023 Unlocked, rooted [CNA (Mod) 2.0.0-RC2 Android 4.0.4 IMM76D/Matr1x-CFS-V21.5, OnDemand~Deadline 200-1000Mhz/XXKL1] --- Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet, Unlocked, rooted, 18392QM 0080_ROW, [Android 3.1, OTA 2.5, OnDemand~Noop] --- Google Nexus One Unlocked, rooted [fireb33 GRK39FV2] --- NI Adam WiFi LCD Unlocked, rooted [Android 4.0.4 CM9 Beta5]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twospirits View Post
    I did move it to a more visible area of the forum, but unless some Chinese Developer takes pity on us and posts the keys, I do not see this happening anytime soon. We have devs from all over the net trying to get this thing cracked and no luck so far. I even added to the bounty over at ThinkPadTabletforums.

I've also been more vocal then usual in terms of criticizing the company in their forums for not breaking the mold and assist the development community in providing the necessary tools. This will help both them as well as for us. But so far no word from Lenovo.

TS out
    Well TS, we have SuperUser access (root), and ClockworkMod Recovery (CWR) now works on the US, UK and even 0074_ROW models such as we have. I can wait until March 2012 for a release of ICS (probably 4.0.4) by Lenovo. I see that AndroidUser00110001 has a rooted version of ICS for the Motorola Xoom, so it won't be long until such development takes place for the TPT (but not by him as he is too busy).
    DrG

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk

Remove Ads