Thread: We need backup!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Cool We need backup!!!!

Lets get real:
    1) I have no idea when Steve will return
    2) I need help

I want assistance(s). I don't need testers, I have plenty of those including myself. I want those who are willing to take on a challenge, to stretch themselves, as I did, and get this new ROM out. I need those who are willing to work, when I am not on developing.

Help me TabletRom users, you are my only hope.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Hey man, I'm going to be working on building the elite team bigger and stronger. Will let you know if I find perspective talent.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Send me a donation and I will put it towards our community. Your donations buy us software, hardware, bandwidth, devices, and help us fund bounties & contests.

Thanks
    I have never tried ROM development, but, i have tough myself the following;

PCB layout and schematic software, as well as proper layout (actually this is my profession now, and i had never even seen any PCB layout software before starting this job), java(the bits and peices i needed for apk modding), basic, CAM software, several CADD softwares, virtualization softwares, spice software, solidworks simulation software (already knew solidworks), and many more tools/bits and peices of languages as i needed them..

However, my point isn't what I do know, just that I know i could learn the required tools with relative ease, and little to no input from you (thank you google). This, plus a tenacious drive to not be defeated by technology, no fear of bricking my device, and the solid opinion that ANYTHING CAN be ported/fixed, even if it means rewriting each and every line of code. I think i could be of assistance, even if it is only debugging individual items as i can, to lighten the load off of the more experienced developers.

(also i know a bit about the android setup/structure, as much as i have needed to this point.)

just let me know where to begin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by giveen View Post
    Lets get real:
    1) I have no idea when Steve will return
    2) I need help

I want assistance(s). I don't need testers, I have plenty of those including myself. I want those who are willing to take on a challenge, to stretch themselves, as I did, and get this new ROM out. I need those who are willing to work, when I am not on developing.

Help me TabletRom users, you are my only hope.
    When you return from holiday, drop me a PM. I'm a 20+ year IT guy (not on the tools much anymore) with some intermediate Linux skills. I'm sure I can learn how to pull apart and repack a ROM fairly quickly. I've only one tablet device (Streak7, which arrives in the next few days) at my disposal, but plenty of other computing resources. I've got an android-based TV box, and have owned several android phones in the past, so I've a little past experience with customisation.

Remove Ads