Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mass Storage??? Music Syncing???

Thanks

Mass Storage??? Music Syncing???

Is there anyway to sync music, specifically from doubletwist onto the DS7 with honeycomb?

Thanks
    If you have your drivers in, load the desktop program and you should be all set for the DS 7. Personally, I'm not a doubletwist-type but for sake of getting an answer up - but I loaded it up to check it out and was able to sync (import) from my DS7. I imagine it would work fine to export TO it as well.

Not sure what your running but just in case you aren't setup with your drivers - the DS7 drivers are listed near the bottom under "Fastboot+ADB+Drivers.zip" here: DellStreakFAQ:Installing Android Drivers for Streak 7 - Tabletroms.com

Here's from the DT help page--
    for Windows:doubleTwist - usb syncing
    for Mac: doubleTwist - usb syncing

Thanks
    Personally, I still havent been able to transfer files to my PC since I upgraded. Windows 7 should work fine, but on my work and laptops, its WinXP. Even with WM11 installed, it just fails to install the MTP drivers. Which sadly is the only way to transfer with a cable now on HC.

However... one lil thing I did to get around that last night. adb push the files to /sdcard/ that worked nicely.

Still annoying and would love to know how to get this working right.

Thanks
    I have a mac, and I have not had any success even downloading the SDK tools.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticales View Post
    ...on my work and laptops, its WinXP. Even with WMP11 installed, it just fails to install the MTP drivers. Which sadly is the only way to transfer with a cable now on HC.
    Hmmm..that's interesting. Although, I have my DS7 connected mainly on a Win7 64bit...but came up missing the MTP drivers on 2 xp boxes also. I don't usually sync with windows media player (or sync at all for that matter) but just tried it and it worked fine on one of the XP boxes. Of course I had to install the MTP & USB drivers- and no sweat. Connects up on a winxp sp3 box with windows media player and syncs up fine.

Did you try uninstalling all of your drivers (not just the device) and use the ones mentioned above? For the record, the drivers you need are in fact the package noted above "Fastboot+ADB+Drivers.zip" so, included within the zip is for Windows XP too, it has just appears to have been presented more as if it is only for Windows 7. I also had the impression that package was only for Windows 7.

not sure, maybe I'm missing something here, but here's what I did and sync with WMP11 worked for me...
    I had initially made this: ds7_xp.inf according to kalibulax's instructions here: How to enable MTP in Windows XP (SP3) - HC 3.2 - xda-developers and installed for MTP. Then I used the Fastboot+ADB+Drivers.zip for the next driver request (pointing to the \Fastboot+ADB\Win32\Streak 5+Streak 7+Venue\ it found the subfolders)
    I unplugged it, plugged it back in and the "Portable Device" pops up and gives me the choice to sync with WMP....and tried to sync some things to the box, to the internal storage, to the external and it worked..

Quote Originally Posted by pjpetrozelli View Post
    I have a mac, and I have not had any success even downloading the SDK tools.
    There's an OSX folder in that same zip package too..for adb it appears, modified on 8/24...have you tried it?

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by sainthooligan; 11-17-2011 at 12:37 PM. Reason: more! more! more!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sainthooligan For This Useful Post:

Mysticales (11-16-2011)

Thanks
    Saint, Thanks! Some reason your inf worked perfectly! Pass that file on to others. I tried doing that thread too, altered it as it said to. Just would always get Error 1 device is not configured or something. Least now I have it saved on my tablet that file. Yay! =D

However... still cant get the 2nd driver set going for Streak7. Where its supposed to use files from that zip.. just cant find anything matching. Any suggestions?

Lately if I did need ADB, been booting into recovery mode, which that lets me use adb.
    ~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~

Thanks
    Not sure how you're installing it - it should just find them if you manually point to them (rather than having xp automatically search for them)...
    Dunno if it will help, but, you can d/l and unpack this where you can find it on your machine: DS7_usb_xp.zip - it is the just the xp pulled from the package mentioned previously, nothing special.
    Go to your device manager and update the driver for your device and point to the folder where you unpacked...
    OR
    when prompted after plugging it in- tell it NOT to automatically search, select to install from a specific location, check the "the include this location box", browse the folder you unpacked and hit next...should get you going...

Thanks
    Thats what I have been doing, I pointed to the folder for the driver. I mean obviously it worked for recovery mode adb. But since I flashed HC. Once booted up thats where it just wont. Maybe if I try "Have disk" way. Forgot my tablet at home today tho.. >.< So cant check while Im working cause of that.

Thanks
    Ok tried that all. It has my MTP installed, it even has a driver for the ADB Interface. (However adb doesnt see a device, even tho its in debug mode, unless I go into CWM which only then can adb work) Then the driver it fails to find any hardware info for is the Streak7.

I even did a driver update on the ADB one and pointed it to the files from the zip.. Now something surprising. It actually changes the driver from ADB to Mass Storage Device. Then I get a drive letter. Sadly, clicking on the drive says insert a disk. (Tried with external sd too) But that could be due to the fact its all going through MTP. But was interesting none the less.

So yea, Some reason just cant get the Streak7 drivers on it. But least the MTP work.

Thanks
    Has this always been an issue? just for sake of eliminating the variables- Have you tried going from stock them moving forward to see where it breaks or if it is something else (ie hardware related)?
    Not sure what you've got going on there...FWIW - MTP in 2 storage areas is how my device shows up...and I can connect via adb and "see" the device with adb devices - no driver problems...and I think that is pretty much status quo...
    But if you're really want to isolate it- you might consider reverting to stock momentarily, then check as you flash your way back up, rather than working backward here...Could also be that you need to ensure the only drivers you have installed for that are the ones you need/that work...
    Besides, with your current setup, you can always make a backup and restore your device right back where you had it without much work at all. Just a suggestion.

But as far as the OP question- hopefully you can at least sync up/connect up via MTP now....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads