Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Rabid ROM Visual Land Pro7D

  1. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,277
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 199 Times in 152 Posts
    No files are missing from the stock ROM. This is the stock ROM just modified to include Ethernet and some minor tweaks. What is happening is typical of VL tablets. Somewhere along the line the WiFi chip has likely been replaced. You have to remember these tablet are made to order for, not by, Visual Land. Most often these resellers don't even know when a change has been made. If you start randomly replacing files you will probably break something else. If the permissions and symlinks are not correct it won't work. The simplest way to try to fix this and see if there have been some wifi changes is to dump the system image then flash just that with the tool.
    If you like my work please feel free to DONATE

    If I do not answer your Private Message please do not assume I am ignoring you. I probably am, but assuming is rude.

    Skytex 10s Rabid ROM v1
    Skytex 7s Rabid ROM v1
    Dell Venue 8 Rooted and Deodexed
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Rooted
    Kindle Fire HD 7 Rooted
    HP Touchpad 32GB Dual Boot WebOS & Cyanogen MOD 11
    Amazon FireTV Rooted
    Haier 9" Rooted
    Sero 7 Pro Rabid ROM Beta
    LePan TC1020 Rooted
    LePan TC802A Rooted - Deodexed

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rabid1 For This Useful Post:

    xdrc45 (04-28-2014)

  3. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    so this new zip just has one file called "sockets" inside a folder called "sockets folder"... I went ahead and put it in the data/misc/wifi/sockets folder and set permissions. still nothing

  4. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post
    No files are missing from the stock ROM. This is the stock ROM just modified to include Ethernet and some minor tweaks. What is happening is typical of VL tablets. Somewhere along the line the WiFi chip has likely been replaced. You have to remember these tablet are made to order for, not by, Visual Land. Most often these resellers don't even know when a change has been made. If you start randomly replacing files you will probably break something else. If the permissions and symlinks are not correct it won't work. The simplest way to try to fix this and see if there have been some wifi changes is to dump the system image then flash just that with the tool.
    Hi Rabid! Thanks for replying!

    So what you're saying is that probably the tablet you used to build your custom rom, and the tablet I flashed your custom rom on, have different WiFi chipsets?

  5. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nizar View Post
    Hi Rabid! Thanks for replying!

    So what you're saying is that probably the tablet you used to build your custom rom, and the tablet I flashed your custom rom on, have different WiFi chipsets?

    EDIT: and if that's the case you're suggestion was to "dump the system image then flash just that with the tool"... the question then becomes finding a tablet with the same wifi chipset as mine in order to flash their system.img onto my tablet. Either that or just guess and check and hope we have the same chipsets? Is there a way to check what chipset I have?

  6. #35
    Member xdrc45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    There's an app called spec device in the play store that will list all the device details. Try that and I'll also check mine.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to xdrc45 For This Useful Post:

    shaggyreal (05-08-2014)

  8. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,277
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 199 Times in 152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nizar View Post
    EDIT: and if that's the case you're suggestion was to "dump the system image then flash just that with the tool"... the question then becomes finding a tablet with the same wifi chipset as mine in order to flash their system.img onto my tablet. Either that or just guess and check and hope we have the same chipsets? Is there a way to check what chipset I have?

    Right. Post when you pruchased yours then ask if any other users purchased around or after the same time. See if xdrc45 bought around the same time. With Allwinner it's not that big a problem because you can just start downloading images until you find one that works. You can with the Rockchip but they can come in a couple of different packages. Single images or broken down images, depending on the tool used by the factory.

    try the tool xdrc45 mentioned.
    If you like my work please feel free to DONATE

    If I do not answer your Private Message please do not assume I am ignoring you. I probably am, but assuming is rude.

    Skytex 10s Rabid ROM v1
    Skytex 7s Rabid ROM v1
    Dell Venue 8 Rooted and Deodexed
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Rooted
    Kindle Fire HD 7 Rooted
    HP Touchpad 32GB Dual Boot WebOS & Cyanogen MOD 11
    Amazon FireTV Rooted
    Haier 9" Rooted
    Sero 7 Pro Rabid ROM Beta
    LePan TC1020 Rooted
    LePan TC802A Rooted - Deodexed

  9. #37
    Member xdrc45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    I bought mine around February/March. The build date say's May 2013
    I checked my WiFi chipset and I think its a realtek - RTL8188eu or that's the interface driver.

    You can check yours with terminal emulator or adb shell.
    Type

    cat /sys/class/rkwifi/chip

    You should also run this one and check the debug output

    su
    dmesg

    Then look for the WiFi log output.
    It will look this image and In the log you'll see also
    Manufacturer - Realtek
    Serial number- mine ccd29b252ac9 I'm trying to research this serial number.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by xdrc45; 04-29-2014 at 10:47 AM.

  10. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello sir can u link me backup rom 4 my vl pro 7d? Please

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-07-2015, 09:29 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 09:09 AM
  3. CM 10.1 for Visual Land 7L
    By snoozer in forum Prestige 7L
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 10:23 AM
  4. Visual Land Prestige 10
    By Macktion in forum Device Reviews
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-18-2012, 09:36 AM
  5. CWM for Visual Land 7L
    By squirrelthug in forum Prestige 7
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-15-2012, 08:15 PM

Search tags for this page

pro7d custom rom

,

pro7d stock rom

,

rabid rom visual land prestige pro 7d

,

root visual land prestige pro 7d

,

tablet 7d visual land firmware

,
visual land prestige pfo 7d firmware
,

visual land prestige pro 7d custom rom

,

visual land prestige pro 7d update

,

visual land prestige pro7d firmware

,

visual land pro7d os update

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •