Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bricked? Help Diagnose please?

Thanks

Unhappy Bricked? Help Diagnose please?

Hello,
    You guys are awesome at what you do, so I thought I would bring this up here and see what your minds think.
    pro7d.jpg
    The attached image is what I see every time I turn it on. That is as far as it goes... no Visual Land jelly bean splash image, only that.

I have tried using a paperclip and pushing the reset button down for 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 30, and 60..
    I've tried the power and volume down to get to the recovery screen.. and all I see is the android guy with the front hatch open and an exclamation point. Pushing volume up 5 times does not bring up the recovery screen.

A little background information: this was rooted with Vroot and converted to the english SU build. It was working fine for quite a long time [3+ months] and then yesterday this started happening. Of course, this is just after warranty is over.

I am at a loss of ideas... any suggestions?
    Any secret roms I have no clue of? Any way to factory reset this?

Veteran
    Thanks
    I think there are instructions in THIS ZIP FILE. Since VL did not release stock firmware flashing this will be pretty much your only chance to recover.
    If you like my work please feel free to DONATE

If I do not answer your Private Message please do not assume I am ignoring you. I probably am, but assuming is rude.

Skytex 10s Rabid ROM v1
    Skytex 7s Rabid ROM v1
    Dell Venue 8 Rooted and Deodexed
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Rooted
    Kindle Fire HD 7 Rooted
    HP Touchpad 32GB Dual Boot WebOS & Cyanogen MOD 11
    Amazon FireTV Rooted
    Haier 9" Rooted
    Sero 7 Pro Rabid ROM Beta
    LePan TC1020 Rooted
    LePan TC802A Rooted - Deodexed

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rabid1 For This Useful Post:

prometheus (03-13-2014)

Thanks

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post
    I think there are instructions in THIS ZIP FILE. Since VL did not release stock firmware flashing this will be pretty much your only chance to recover.

Manually installing that driver on my x64 machine it always says "Device cannot be started" and i tried each RK entry.

Thanks

Unhappy

Ok, i somehow got a usb driver working, and edited the setting.ini file to look towards the PID of my tablet. the flash rom tool now says found RKandroid device yada yada... However, in the flash rom tool... it says cannot boot to flash because this is not an MCS device... and click flash rom says download boot failed.

Also, RK30xxLoader 1.20 bin was missing so i found one for those devices, but i am not sure if it is the correct one.

This is a mess, lol

Veteran
    Thanks
    All you should have to do is use the flash button. Once you boot into flash mode on the tablet connect it to the computer and launch the program. I think it is volume - and power. When the program launches just hit the flash option. Don't select anything else, particularly the bootloader. It is not needed and the wrong one will cause the tablet no to boot.

If I do not answer your Private Message please do not assume I am ignoring you. I probably am, but assuming is rude.

Skytex 10s Rabid ROM v1
    Skytex 7s Rabid ROM v1
    Kindle Fire HD 7 Rooted
    Amazon FireTV Rooted
    Haier 9" Rooted
    LePan TC1020 Rooted

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rabid1 For This Useful Post:

prometheus (03-16-2014)

Thanks
    My tablet will not be detected when it is in "recovery" mode. It doesn't show up on my pc whatsoever. However, when i turn it on like normal and its stuck on that screen, it will be detected by my pc. If I hit "Flash ROM" I see this: "MaskRom Device must choose loader for upgrading." If i choose that bootloader I found [i know you said not to, but ill try anyway to report info to you] it says "ERROR: Download boot failed."

I tried putting it into recovery mode via power button and vol + ... i get the exclamation android guy with no menus... hitting vol + 5x and vol - 5x does nothing... and it isnt detected by my computer in this mode.

Is it screwed??

BTW: Thank you very much for looking at this and attempting to help me, I appreciate it more than youll know.

ALSO: clicking "Reboot to flash mode" brings up the error: "Device cannot do flash mode, because it is not msc device"

The included drivers in that zip are also reporting "Driver not intended for this platform." when i try to install it, and i am using the x64 win7 version.. which is the OS i run. Vista's drivers wont work either.
    Last edited by prometheus; 03-13-2014 at 05:32 PM. Reason: additional info

Veteran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    My tablet will not be detected when it is in "recovery" mode. It doesn't show up on my pc whatsoever. However, when i turn it on like normal and its stuck on that screen, it will be detected by my pc. If I hit "Flash ROM" I see this: "MaskRom Device must choose loader for upgrading." If i choose that bootloader I found [i know you said not to, but ill try anyway to report info to you] it says "ERROR: Download boot failed."

I tried putting it into recovery mode via power button and vol + ... i get the exclamation android guy with no menus... hitting vol + 5x and vol - 5x does nothing... and it isnt detected by my computer in this mode.

Is it screwed??

BTW: Thank you very much for looking at this and attempting to help me, I appreciate it more than youll know.

ALSO: clicking "Reboot to flash mode" brings up the error: "Device cannot do flash mode, because it is not msc device"

The included drivers in that zip are also reporting "Driver not intended for this platform." when i try to install it, and i am using the x64 win7 version.. which is the OS i run. Vista's drivers wont work either.
    I use Win 7 64 as well. The tablet is not supposed to be in recovery mode, but flash mode. Volume minus(-) not plus. The 5x power is for the 7 not the 7 Pro. Open the device manager. Try it tow ways, with the device connected and powered off then press and hold volume - plus power and look for/listen for the connect then install the driver, if it doesn't see it then try again with the tablet off and disconnected. Maybe Macktion can verify on his.

Skytex 10s Rabid ROM v1
    Skytex 7s Rabid ROM v1
    Kindle Fire HD 7 Rooted
    Amazon FireTV Rooted
    Haier 9" Rooted
    LePan TC1020 Rooted

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rabid1 For This Useful Post:

prometheus (03-16-2014)

Thanks

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post
    I use Win 7 64 as well. The tablet is not supposed to be in recovery mode, but flash mode. Volume minus(-) not plus. The 5x power is for the 7 not the 7 Pro. Open the device manager. Try it tow ways, with the device connected and powered off then press and hold volume - plus power and look for/listen for the connect then install the driver, if it doesn't see it then try again with the tablet off and disconnected. Maybe Macktion can verify on his.
    Power and VOL - does nothing... just brings it up to the screen it sticks at and is seen by my pc like usual. Is there a special screen I am looking for?? How long do i hold Power and VOL - ? I'm having the feeling this tablet is done for.

Veteran
    Thanks
    Should hold it about 10 seconds, there is no screen.

Skytex 10s Rabid ROM v1
    Skytex 7s Rabid ROM v1
    Kindle Fire HD 7 Rooted
    Amazon FireTV Rooted
    Haier 9" Rooted
    LePan TC1020 Rooted

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rabid1 For This Useful Post:

prometheus (03-16-2014)

Thanks
    It is showing up as "Android" on my pc, still at that black visual land screen... no clue if its booting into flash mode or not. When i go to install the drivers, what should i select? I see RK27, RK28, RK28X1 Device.... quite a few to select from... sigh i am sorry i am being a huge pain.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads