Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xdrc45

Thread: [TUT] How to Root the VL Prestige Pro 7D.... Easiest Method

Thanks

[TUT] How to Root the VL Prestige Pro 7D.... Easiest Method

This is a tutorial on rooting the Visual Land Prestige Pro 7D. This method should work on many other Tablets and Phones as well. I've successfully rooted 2 tablets and 3 Phones with Cydia Impactor.
    Rooting your device with Cydia is probably one of the easiest and fastest methods available.Plus there's no Spyware, malware, adware or a foreign Super user app being installed on to the device.
    You do this all at your OWN RISK. I am taking No responsibly for your device if anything should go wrong and your device bricks, turns into a paperweight and your spouse leaves you!

To start -
    Download Cydia Impactor for your PC from there website here -
    Cydia Impactor

There's a version for Windows and Linux.
    Once Cydia Impactor is downloaded, create a folder on your desktop named "Cydia" (or something like that) move the Impactor zip that you downloaded into the new folder "Cydia" that you created and then extract it there to that folder, use a program like 7zip to extract the file.

On the 7D Tablet go to - Settings - Developer options and enable/check USB Debugging. Make sure that you've connected the 7D to the PC before and allowed the proper drivers to install in all USB connections - MTP, PTP, Mass Storage and with USB debugging enable to make sure all the necessary drivers are install on the PC for proper communication with the device. You may have to install the Android SDK to the root of your PC's hard drive or a modified adb file to get the USB debugging to work properly.

Then go to the Google Play Store and download SuperSU by Chainfire and BusyBox by Stericson and Root Checker by joeykrim. Save these for later, we'll install them after rooting.

Now connect the 7D to your PC via USB with USB debugging enabled, Open the "Cydia" folder that we created, then click and run the Impactor.exe
    When Cydia Impactor opens, look at the drop down window and make sure that the following is selected

# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/us

It's usually pre selected in the drop down window by default.
    Click on the Start button and Cydia Impactor will root your 7D in like 5 -10 seconds.
    Once Cydia Impactor is done rooting the 7D, close the program and all other windows that are open and safely disconnect the 7D from the PC.

On the 7D go to - Apps - Downloaded - Install and run the SuperSU app. Then install and run the Root Checker app, (grant Root Checker SuperSU permissions when asked) then push the Verify Root button, and theb it will tell you "Congratulations! This device has root access" this app is just to make sure you get SuperSU permissions and that the 7D is rooted and has root access.
    After Root checker tells you that you have root access you can either keep it or delete the app as this app just verifies that you have successful rooted your device and it has no root functions.
    After that install and run BusyBox by Stericson, you can install the latest version of BusyBox and I recommend to install it to /system/xbin
    Now your done, you now have full root access on the device.

Hope you enjoyed the tutorial, if so Please Click the Thank You Button
    Good Luck and Happy Rooting!
    xdrc45
    Last edited by xdrc45; 03-12-2014 at 04:47 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xdrc45 For This Useful Post:

j1greene (03-11-2014), lspivak (03-19-2014), SandinLargo (04-18-2015)

Thanks
    This worked for me. It has taken several tries to get Windows to recognize the Pro 7D in debugging mode.

I think my problem may have been Zonealarm. A different program is also working now and Zonealarm is showing alerts that it was not displaying previously.
    Last edited by j1greene; 03-12-2014 at 10:49 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j1greene View Post
    This worked for me. It has taken several tries to get Windows to recognize the Pro 7D in debugging mode.

I think my problem may have been Zonealarm. A different program is also working now and Zonealarm is showing alerts that it was not displaying previously.
    @j1greene
    Installing the drivers for USB debugging can sometimes be a pain and may require you to install the Android SDK which includes adb and fastboot drivers for many devices. Some developers have a modified adb driver setup that you can use without installing the whole Android SDK.... I personall use the SDK as it has many beneficial utilities. I'm happy I was able to help you achieve root on your 7D... Enjoy.
    Hopefully I'll have a working CWM soon and can share that with everyone too!

Thanks
    Now your ready to install the Xposed framework module.... This will allow you to add custom rom features without actually flashing a custom ROM. Install xposed framework and the gravity box module to begin with. This will give you a multitude of ROM features like customizing the status bar, navigation bar, battery icon and so forth. Then you can look through the xposed modules downloads and download many other tweaks and mods like battery themer, that are really easy to apply without changing the ROM. Exposed framework is a god sent for those who want to stay stock or have a custom ROM without cooking in the added features.

Thanks

Flash Prestige Pro 7D with a new ROM

I was able to successfully Root my VL Prestige Pro 7D with Cydia Impactor, but I'm new to rooting and I'm not sure what ROMs are available to put on this device. My ultimate goal is to 1. change the overall look and feel and 2. to be able to install apps from Google Play that are not currently supported. Any advice you could give me would be helpful.

Thank you.

Thanks
    @Ispivak
    Currently there are no custom Roms available for the Pro 7D yet... I'm planning to work on a custom ROM for it very soon, as time permits. In the mean time you might want to check out Xposed Framework and the modules built for it, like Gravity Box. This will allow you to make changes to the device, somewhat like a custom ROM.
    I have a recovery working on the pro 7D and will write up a tutorial for it.
    To install apps that are not supported for your device you can check out the app Market Helper. It's not on the play store, either Google it or look on XDA. This app allows you to change your device model or country region to allow you to install apps not supported by your device or not supported in your country, like if you live outside the US.

Also I personally think the stock launcher that came on the Pro 7D is terrible. I'd recommend installing a new launcher on it like Apex or Nova launcher and match that with Xposed Framework and this will change the overall look and feel of the device until we have a working custom ROM.
    Last edited by xdrc45; 03-20-2014 at 09:24 PM.
    lspivak likes this.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to xdrc45 For This Useful Post:

lspivak (03-21-2014)

Remove Ads