Thread: New to the Pro 7D

Thanks

New to the Pro 7D

Hey guys,
    New to TabletRoms and Im a new owner of a VL Prestige Pro 7D tablet. Had it a couple of days now and actually its a nice little tablet, really I bought it for my 7yr old son, so I could get him off my lenovo a2109 tablet lol.
    I'm still trying to learning the ins and outs of the RockChip as this is a different beast than what I'm use to. I entered the boot loader with adb but it was just a black blank screen, showed up on the PC as USB mass storage, I'm guessing this is where you use livesuit to flash firmwares. I booted to stock recovery via abd but it was just the android guy laying on its side with no options.
    So far I've successful rooted the 7D with cydia impactor and that's about it so far, there's not a lot of information out there about this device, development wise.
    I'm hoping that you guys maybe able to assist me...
    Is there a working cwm recovery for it and a stock debloated rom?
    I'd really appreciate any and all advice or suggestions

Thanks
    I just need to mention a few things real quick:
    rock chip does not livesuite it uses a different flashing utility. The livesuite utility is for allwinner processors.

Now, answer your questions, I don't currently have a CWM recovery, Rabid and I did a little bit of testing on a custom ROM but we ran into a lot of troubles with the Pro7D, so we put that project on the back burner and it doesn't look like we're going to pick that back up anytime soon.

Sent from my Lenovo B6000-F using Tapatalk
    There are no solutions, only tradeoffs. -Thomas Sowell

If you Like what I do, supply me with Tang.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Macktion For This Useful Post:

xdrc45 (03-08-2014)

Thanks
    @Macktion
    Thanks for the reply and the clarification about the livesuit. I just downloaded RK dump and RK Batch Tools to get started, I need to dump the ROM and extract the kernel so I can get ready to start building cwm recovery.
    Couple questions if you don't mind...
    Are there any other tools for the 7D that you can recommend for me?
    What is the flashing utility that is does use?
    Would you happen to know if there is a another rebaged version of this device... Exact same hardware inside just a different casing?
    Last edited by xdrc45; 03-08-2014 at 06:48 PM.

Thanks
    I also have a pro 7d, and have been unable to determine how to root it. Can you tell me what you did to root the device. I would prefer not to completely replace the stock rom if I can avoid it. Although I am an experienced Linux user, I am new to Android.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j1greene View Post
    I also have a pro 7d, and have been unable to determine how to root it. Can you tell me what you did to root the device. I would prefer not to completely replace the stock rom if I can avoid it. Although I am an experienced Linux user, I am new to Android.
    @j1greene
    I just made a tutorial on rooting the 7D here -

[TUT] How to Root the VL Prestige Pro 7D.... Easiest Method

Hope that helps you. If you have any questions please ask in that thread to Help stay on topic.
    Last edited by xdrc45; 03-10-2014 at 10:26 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to xdrc45 For This Useful Post:

j1greene (03-11-2014)

Thanks
    Thank you for the reply xdrc45.

I started working through your tutorial and rediscovered my issue. My computer will not install the drivers if I enable USB debugging. It fails to recognize the Pro 7d. I am using Windows 7 64 bit if that makes any difference. Do you have any suggestions. I have tried the UniversalADBdrivers and one other that I can not remember the name right now. I also installed the Android SDK. Where did you download the drivers you used?

Thanks
    It finally worked. I do not know what I did differently this time, but your tutorial worked perfectly xdrc45.
    Last edited by j1greene; 03-12-2014 at 09:50 AM.

Thanks
    I think my problem may have been related to Zonalarm because a different program has started working and Zonealarm has begun showing notifications that was not displaying before.

Thanks
    Glad I could help!!

Remove Ads

Search tags for this page

need bootloader for vl pro 7d

prestige pro 7d dead android guy

prestige pro 7d recovery has a dark screen

root prestige pro 7d

Click on a term to search for related topics.