Thread: VL Pro 7D MicroSD issues

First Post
    Thanks

VL Pro 7D MicroSD issues

Even though I have always had android cell phones, I am getting fed up with this tablet. I cannot get anything to save to the MicroSD card and it keeps telling me that I am running out of space.

I have 16Gb available on the SD card, but have not figured out how to save anything to it. I am a complete newb when it comes to tablets and I have played around with the settings but I am frustrated. I have never had this issue on my phones and I was always able to get apps to move to the SD card with no problems, but not this tablet. The tablet gives me the option to move the apps to the SD card and says that they have moved, but they in fact are still on the tablet in the Nand Flash (what???). The tablet recognizes the MicroSD card and even shows that I have 14.81Gb of space, but refuses to use it. I have no other complaints about this tablet yet, but there is still time.

There is probably a simple fix, but I can't find it. Have pitty on a cracky 'ole Mom. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Veteran
    Thanks
    It's been explained a few time but the /sdcard on the tablet is on the internal NAND, so in essence you are moving them from /internal/data to /internal/sdcard. To use the external microsd to store apps you need to root the device and research apps like link2sd or app2sd.
    If you like my work please feel free to DONATE

If I do not answer your Private Message please do not assume I am ignoring you. I probably am, but assuming is rude.

Skytex 10s Rabid ROM v1
    Skytex 7s Rabid ROM v1
    Dell Venue 8 Rooted and Deodexed
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Rooted
    Kindle Fire HD 7 Rooted
    HP Touchpad 32GB Dual Boot WebOS & Cyanogen MOD 11
    Amazon FireTV Rooted
    Haier 9" Rooted
    Sero 7 Pro Rabid ROM Beta
    LePan TC1020 Rooted
    LePan TC802A Rooted - Deodexed

Xpy
    First Post
    Thanks

Please clean your PM

Please clean your PM Can't write to you PM
    Last edited by Xpy; 11-11-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Thanks

Can you explain this ???

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post
    It's been explained a few time but the /sdcard on the tablet is on the internal NAND, so in essence you are moving them from /internal/data to /internal/sdcard. To use the external microsd to store apps you need to root the device and research apps like link2sd or app2sd.
    I'm having the exact same issue with my tablet/SD card. I've never 'rooted' anything. I consider myself computer literate (I was a programmer before there was Windows).

Can someone write the steps to do this out like they were going to explain it to a 52 year old mother....
    and tell me which is the best (by best I mean easiest) app to use to fix this.

Veteran
    Thanks
    I have this saved in html, but I don't have the original source to credit anymore so I apologize in advance to whoever wrote it.

1. First you have to download Mini Tool Partition Wizard Manager. You can download it HERE.
    2. Insert your SD card to a card reader and open it on your computer.
    3. Back up all your files to the computer because partitioning will wipe your data.
    4. Open Mini Tool in your computer. Locate your SD card (be careful in choosing and make sure not to choose the drive of your computer)
    5. Right click and choose Delete.
    6. Right click on it again and choose Create New. Create “FAT32″ partition (This is where all your media files will go. Be sure to make it bigger than the 2nd part)
    7. Select “Create as: PRIMARY”
    8. Next, create an ext2/ext3/ext4 partition (if you’re on stock ROM, choose ext2). This is where your apps will go. I suggest a value of 512Mb or 1Gb would be big enough but if you insist you can go as high as 2Gb.
    9. Select “Create As: PRIMARY” (make sure that it is both set to primary because it will not work if it is not set to primary)
    10. Click the “Apply” button on the top left corner and wait for it to finish the process. Done.
    11. Put back your SD card to your phone and switch it on.
    12. Download and install Link2sd from Google Play Store.
    13. Open Link2sd. You will be prompted to choose between ext2, ext3, ext4 and FAT32. Select ext2.
    14. It will say mount script created. Reboot your phone now.
    15. Open link2sd and if the message doesn’t show up, you succeded.
    16. Go to Link2sd>Settings>check the autolink (to automatically move apps upon installation)
    17. If you already have some apps, select “move to phone” then after moving select “Create Link” (be sure to check the three files: app, dalvic-cache and library files)
    18. To check your memory, select “Storage Info”. This will show you the current state of your internal memory, FAT32, and ext2 partition.
    19. Now you’re done and ready to install vast amount of applications as you wish!

If I do not answer your Private Message please do not assume I am ignoring you. I probably am, but assuming is rude.

Skytex 10s Rabid ROM v1
    Skytex 7s Rabid ROM v1
    Kindle Fire HD 7 Rooted
    Amazon FireTV Rooted
    Haier 9" Rooted
    LePan TC1020 Rooted

Thanks
    Wow, thank you very much for taking the time to get this for me.

I'm going to do it first thing tomorrow (Sunday). I want to be refreshed when I start this

I will definitely report back with my results.

Going to watch Bill Cosby special on Comedy Central now.

Thanks
    problem.

Link2SD could not obtain root address. If you have root access make sure you respond 'allow' or grant' to the superuser request.

I think I did the formatting of the SD card correctly.

any clues

It doesn't appear that the 2nd partition (which is where the programs would go (?) is NOT mounted

if someone (Rabid1?) sends me a PM, I'd be happy to give my phone # so you can walk me through this. I'm determined to make this work
    Last edited by sueinphilly; 11-24-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Veteran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sueinphilly View Post
    problem.

Link2SD could not obtain root address. If you have root access make sure you respond 'allow' or grant' to the superuser request.

I think I did the formatting of the SD card correctly.

any clues

It doesn't appear that the 2nd partition (which is where the programs would go (?) is NOT mounted

if someone (Rabid1?) sends me a PM, I'd be happy to give my phone # so you can walk me through this. I'm determined to make this work

Sorry I missed in your first post you were not rooted. For any of these apps to work you have to be rooted.

google and download Motochopper. There are some instructions here that might help Rooting a Pro7D??

Skytex 10s Rabid ROM v1
    Skytex 7s Rabid ROM v1
    Kindle Fire HD 7 Rooted
    Amazon FireTV Rooted
    Haier 9" Rooted
    LePan TC1020 Rooted

First Post
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post
    It's been explained a few time but the /sdcard on the tablet is on the internal NAND, so in essence you are moving them from /internal/data to /internal/sdcard.
    I am interested in repartitioning the internal NAND. My phone has 16mb of internal storage, of which 16 is available for apps. I expected the same when I bought this tablet, but found only 1gb of the 16 available for apps. I've got roughly 12gbs of apps that I simply don't have room for now. It's there a solution?

Veteran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Chubbz View Post
    I am interested in repartitioning the internal NAND. My phone has 16mb of internal storage, of which 16 is available for apps. I expected the same when I bought this tablet, but found only 1gb of the 16 available for apps. I've got roughly 12gbs of apps that I simply don't have room for now. It's there a solution?
    Nothing simple. An edited boot.ing can be set to make a 2GB partition, but that is the limit. You could try app2sd or link2sd.

Skytex 10s Rabid ROM v1
    Skytex 7s Rabid ROM v1
    Kindle Fire HD 7 Rooted
    Amazon FireTV Rooted
    Haier 9" Rooted
    LePan TC1020 Rooted

Remove Ads