Thread: Having Issues with my Wifi

Thanks

Having Issues with my Wifi

Hello everyone,
    I have had my Prestige 7L for 4 months now. I bought it for my kids and myself to play games on. I got a deal and bought two for $120, I guess the old saying you get what you pay for is true. It has been a nice little tablet but have had some issues with both of them.

Both tablets have at different times froze where the touch screen was not responding. We let it sit on the shelf and completely die, and then I still let it sit for a couple weeks thinking it wasn't fixable. Not much information on the web (that I could find at the time) My son decided to charge and try to use it and it worked. SO when the second one did the same thing we knew what to do and it seemed to work quickly this time.

The main problem I am having with one right now is the wifi is not working.

When you click on the wifi settings, to the left is the wifi turn on and off slider and to the right is the list of wifi places past and present. Well when you slide the slider to on, to the right the message "wifi is turning on" apears but the slider goes to off and that is it. It will NOT turn on at all!

Now I thought reseting with the reset button on the back would work, but it did not!

I contacted visual land support and they told me I needed to do a hard reset where you hold in the V+ button and the power button. When I did this I found that my Volume + was not working. So is there any way you can Hard reset the tablet without using the Volume+ button or is there a fix to the volume+ button? The volume - is working just not the +

Thanks so much for anyones help!! When we reset the tablet it wiped all my sons games off. so I need to fix this as soon as I can!!

Thanks
    The screen freezing is a common issue with this device. low end hardware doesnt help in this matter. If the screen freezes just use the reset button on the back of the unit. That will reboot it and the screen should work again. As for the rest, try going into settings > security and then select reset. This will more less do the same thing as the recovery option which VL told you to do.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by clmowers View Post
    The screen freezing is a common issue with this device. low end hardware doesnt help in this matter. If the screen freezes just use the reset button on the back of the unit. That will reboot it and the screen should work again. As for the rest, try going into settings > security and then select reset. This will more less do the same thing as the recovery option which VL told you to do.
    Thanks Yes I figured when the second tablet did the same thing it was just a glitch in the tablet...

We did the reset from the settings too and still the wifi is doing the same thing. :-/

I played with the volume button and got it to work SO I followed the step by step directions that Visual land sent me. It only would bring me to a screen with an android bot laying on his back with his belly opened and a triangle with a exclamation point in the middle. But did nothing else?!?! So I called Visual land again. The lady told me they had sent me the wrong reset instructions (for the prestige 7 not 7L) so she said within the hour they would send me the right hard reset instructions. Thats been over 2 hours ago.....I just have to remember what I teach my kids......be patient!!!

Does anyone know the hard reset for the 7L?

Veteran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom.of.4 View Post
    Thanks Yes I figured when the second tablet did the same thing it was just a glitch in the tablet...

We did the reset from the settings too and still the wifi is doing the same thing. :-/

I played with the volume button and got it to work SO I followed the step by step directions that Visual land sent me. It only would bring me to a screen with an android bot laying on his back with his belly opened and a triangle with a exclamation point in the middle. But did nothing else?!?! So I called Visual land again. The lady told me they had sent me the wrong reset instructions (for the prestige 7 not 7L) so she said within the hour they would send me the right hard reset instructions. Thats been over 2 hours ago.....I just have to remember what I teach my kids......be patient!!!

Does anyone know the hard reset for the 7L?

From the Android on his back it is either press and hold one of the volume button and tap power or the other way around, it's been awhile and I let my L dain all the way, but I will double check it in a bit when it has enough juice to boot
    If you like my work please feel free to DONATE

If I do not answer your Private Message please do not assume I am ignoring you. I probably am, but assuming is rude.

Skytex 10s Rabid ROM v1
    Skytex 7s Rabid ROM v1
    Dell Venue 8 Rooted and Deodexed
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Rooted
    Kindle Fire HD 7 Rooted
    HP Touchpad 32GB Dual Boot WebOS & Cyanogen MOD 11
    Amazon FireTV Rooted
    Haier 9" Rooted
    Sero 7 Pro Rabid ROM Beta
    LePan TC1020 Rooted
    LePan TC802A Rooted - Deodexed

Veteran
    Thanks
    Sorry it took so long, I had to pull a different battery from another tablet. It looks like the have blocked recovery on the JB release. The button combos and ADB can no longer access it. I can try a couple of tricks and if they work I will post back.
    If you like my work please feel free to DONATE

If I do not answer your Private Message please do not assume I am ignoring you. I probably am, but assuming is rude.

Skytex 10s Rabid ROM v1
    Skytex 7s Rabid ROM v1
    Dell Venue 8 Rooted and Deodexed
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Rooted
    Kindle Fire HD 7 Rooted
    HP Touchpad 32GB Dual Boot WebOS & Cyanogen MOD 11
    Amazon FireTV Rooted
    Haier 9" Rooted
    Sero 7 Pro Rabid ROM Beta
    LePan TC1020 Rooted
    LePan TC802A Rooted - Deodexed

Thanks
    This is what I received from VL on the VL 7L Hard reset:
    Please perform a factory reset on the tablet:

1. Make sure the unit is powered off.
    2. Press and hold the "V+BUTTON" for 5 seconds alone, then while still holding down the VOL+ button press the "POWER BUTTON" as well simultaneously for 15 seconds.
    3. The Android recovery screen will appear, release the VOL+ and Power Button and press the VOL+ button five times to enter the menu.
    4. Use the "VOL- BUTTON" to scroll down to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" then press the "POWER BUTTON" to select this option.
    5. On the next screen, scroll down to "Yes -- Delete all user data" and press the "POWER BUTTON."
    6. Then select "Reboot System Now" again using the "POWER BUTTON"
    7. The tablet should now be back to its factory settings and you should be able to access it once again.

Upon completion of the process select vLauncher mode

Remove Ads