Thread: Jellybean 4.1.1 Rabid ROM for 7L with full root and Google Play w/Voice

First Post
    Thanks
    Work yea thank!!!!!

First Post
    Thanks
    thank you very much for the post, worked 100% on my 7L with the Rev A

Thanks
    To help install the mod and now my wifi does not work I put the mod B but when opening livesuite and perform the same process does not recognize the USB Device livesuite (VID_1f3a_PID_efe8)

First Post
    Thanks
    if anyone could help me figure this out i would be greatful. i downloaded the files and tried to install livesuit onto my laptop running windows 8.1 and it wont install i dont know if this is because i have a 64 bit instead of the 32 bit or does that matter i'm really a noob at this. but I can usually figure these things out but i cant seem to get this my son would really like this tablet if i could get it to update and have the google play store on it. He hasnt touched it since he got it at the end of Feb once again is the any other way to do this without using livesuit

First Post
    Thanks
    Hello to all, I allso intalled rev.A and rev.B jellybean 4.1.1 everything is working but wifi ,will not turn on
    a ,and no MAC add eder . What to do . I have Prestige 7L ME-107-L 8GB Pink. Any Help will be welcome.
    thank you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mcullum1975 View Post
    if anyone could help me figure this out i would be greatful. i downloaded the files and tried to install livesuit onto my laptop running windows 8.1 and it wont install i dont know if this is because i have a 64 bit instead of the 32 bit or does that matter i'm really a noob at this. but I can usually figure these things out but i cant seem to get this my son would really like this tablet if i could get it to update and have the google play store on it. He hasnt touched it since he got it at the end of Feb once again is the any other way to do this without using livesuit

Few months late for posting a reply to you. I haven't been on site in a LOOOOONG time. I'm sure by now you've either figured it out or gave up? If you still tinker with it on occassion and are bound and determined to install livesuite, here are a few things you can try.
    Always install as ADMIN (rt click - run as admin)
    For 8.1 - Desktop mode - search through your drive for 2 folders program files and program files(x86) and look for livesuite folder. it may have installed and you didn't know it
    Try install using compatability settings - I would choose windows xp service pack 3 Most programs like livesuite will run on that setting.

There is another progam similar to livesuite called phoenix card (i think thats the name, been awhile). If you actually read this reply, i will do some digging around for the files. I actually still use the 7l on occassion. It's great for playing old school console emulators and also works great as a "media server" to stream movies over my network.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by juto View Post
    Hello to all, I allso intalled rev.A and rev.B jellybean 4.1.1 everything is working but wifi ,will not turn on
    a ,and no MAC add eder . What to do . I have Prestige 7L ME-107-L 8GB Pink. Any Help will be welcome.
    thank you.
    First install rev. A and boot system. MAKE SURE AIRPLANE MODE IS NOT ON! Turn on wi-fi in system settings, If you turn it on and it turns off right away of never finds your wi-fi network, your wi-fi is not working. That means you probably need rev. B. Install rev B. - repeat above steps.

* YOUR ROUTER MAY HAVE A "ENHANCED G" or "ENHANCED N" (SOMETHING LIKE THAT). THE TABLET WILL NOT CONNECT OR FIND YOUR NETWORK IF THAT SETTING IS TURNED ON. CHECK FOR IT IN YOUR ROUTER SETTINGS AND DISABLE IT AND TRY YOUR TABLET WI-FI. *

Regular
    Thanks
    As has been stated previously in this thread, the two revisions that were created were for the two KNOWN wifi chipsets. If neither revision will enable WIFI on your tablet, then you have a different chipset than those two. This is evidenced by the WIFI slider returning to off shortly after you slide it to on. Even if no networks are found, the WIFI toggle should remain on if the chipset is supported. Further, it is a known battery saver to first turn airplane mode on, then WIFI on, which would enable ONLY the wifi radio code.

You have two options. One: Open your tablet up, identify the chipset. Two: Flash as many roms as you can on the tablet that are for similiar tablets and pray that one has support for your chipset.

Either way, to get support for additional chipsets other than the 8188eu or the 8192 chipsets as properly as these roms have, you will have to re-compile the entire system after modifying the source for your setup. And that is after you find a leaked source for the AllWinner base code.
    Last edited by xihuitl; 11-07-2014 at 04:31 PM.
    Visual Land Prestige 7L - Rabid-X Rom V1.1 Rev B
    Photobucket Library: http://s737.photobucket.com/user/xihuitl/library/
    Yahoo IM ID: bmwnfun

First Post
    Thanks
    Hello Rabid... Can i install any of these roms with PhoenixCad? My computer can't recognize my device in flash mode.

Veteran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Otkuh View Post
    Hello Rabid... Can i install any of these roms with PhoenixCad? My computer can't recognize my device in flash mode.
    Should be.
    If you like my work please feel free to DONATE

If I do not answer your Private Message please do not assume I am ignoring you. I probably am, but assuming is rude.

Skytex 10s Rabid ROM v1
    Skytex 7s Rabid ROM v1
    Dell Venue 8 Rooted and Deodexed
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Rooted
    Kindle Fire HD 7 Rooted
    HP Touchpad 32GB Dual Boot WebOS & Cyanogen MOD 11
    Amazon FireTV Rooted
    Haier 9" Rooted
    Sero 7 Pro Rabid ROM Beta
    LePan TC1020 Rooted
    LePan TC802A Rooted - Deodexed

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627