Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any one get Google+ to work

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by snoozer View Post
    Hi Jack, I did post on Wal-Mart. The first tablet I bought had some problems and I just returned it and got another and this one works great. As far as Google Play on JB I don't know mine has ICS on it. Sometimes I just download from 1mobile and other times Google, gave up on Amazon seems like the app store has to be reinstalled every time I would want to use it and this happened on my both of the VL tablets.
    Is Wal-Mart selling the VL 10's with JB on them? I have been thinking about getting a 10" and give this 7" to the grand kids.
    Have you tried hooking up a flash drive to the usb port? Neither one of my VL Prestige 7L's work? When I tried it and the VL customer support never responded back to me as to why it doesn't work. It's not a big deal i just use a 32 gig memory card.
    If I run across anything about getting Google Play to work with JB I will let you know.
    I used the instructions provided here to get it to work with ICS, but maybe it is different.
    Take care
    Mark
    oops I see that you have the 7L and not the 10, these old eyes have a tendency to miss things or is it this old brain? No one knows for sure which it is!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by snoozer View Post
    Hi Jack, I did post on Wal-Mart. The first tablet I bought had some problems and I just returned it and got another and this one works great. As far as Google Play on JB I don't know mine has ICS on it. Sometimes I just download from 1mobile and other times Google, gave up on Amazon seems like the app store has to be reinstalled every time I would want to use it and this happened on my both of the VL tablets.
    Is Wal-Mart selling the VL 10's with JB on them? I have been thinking about getting a 10" and give this 7" to the grand kids.
    Have you tried hooking up a flash drive to the usb port? Neither one of my VL Prestige 7L's work? When I tried it and the VL customer support never responded back to me as to why it doesn't work. It's not a big deal i just use a 32 gig memory card.
    If I run across anything about getting Google Play to work with JB I will let you know.
    I used the instructions provided here to get it to work with ICS, but maybe it is different.
    Take care
    Mark

Hi Mark,
    7" tablets are the best for on the go! I held a 10 inch book and 7 inch book with me for a week to see which size I liked better. The 7" won out! I have no problem hooking up a 8GB Sandisk USB flash to my 7L w/ 4.1.1 I simply goto the pre-installed File Manager on JB OS and click on the USB option in the header...Hello, there are all the files on my drive, and I play some movies off the drive and they loaded and ran perfect in ARchos Video player. I don't think the 7L with ICS had a built in file manager? The new one in JB is EXTEMELY easy to use. Copy paste move delete select multiiple files for each and it give simple header options for internal drive, external drive, usb, movies. I went to www.thepiratebay.se and downloaded all sorts of PAID games and apps like Dolphin Browser. I even like the battery life after using AVG to kill apps that drained it. I just wish this thing had GPS so I could track stars!! JB

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JacknRochNY View Post
    Hi Mark,
    7" tablets are the best for on the go! I held a 10 inch book and 7 inch book with me for a week to see which size I liked better. The 7" won out! I have no problem hooking up a 8GB Sandisk USB flash to my 7L w/ 4.1.1 I simply goto the pre-installed File Manager on JB OS and click on the USB option in the header...Hello, there are all the files on my drive, and I play some movies off the drive and they loaded and ran perfect in ARchos Video player. I don't think the 7L with ICS had a built in file manager? The new one in JB is EXTEMELY easy to use. Copy paste move delete select multiiple files for each and it give simple header options for internal drive, external drive, usb, movies. I went to www.thepiratebay.se and downloaded all sorts of PAID games and apps like Dolphin Browser. I even like the battery life after using AVG to kill apps that drained it. I just wish this thing had GPS so I could track stars!! JB
    I will check this out. I use ES File Manager, lots of options with it, but I will see if I can see the drive using supplied file manager. I have e-mailed VL support 2 times about it with no reply.
    Thanks for the tip about the 10" monitors I think I wil go hold one and compare.
    i would like to put Jelly Bean on my tablet to replace ICS been watching here to see if they post a way to do it. I have downloaded quite a few apps from 1mobile and a few from Google. I will check out the site you mentioned.

I used these 2 apps to speed up my wifi connection
    Checked the speed first before using the booster and my speed doubled. I have only a 3 meg download service and running the speed test out of the box I wasn't even hitting 1.5 meg download, but then I ran the booster re-ran the test and was getting just a hair above 3 meg

apps that I used to speed up tablet wifi

Internet Boost
    http://www.1mobile.com/internet-booster-735654.html

Speedtest.net
    http://www.1mobile.com/speedtest.net-88472.html

Thanks
    Thanks Mark,

I'm gonna download ES File Manager and compare to the preinstalled JB OS File Manager then post my opinions of usability here. I'm downloading the apps you mentioned (I always love to speed things up!)

Jack

Thanks
    Thanks Mark,

I'm gonna download ES File Manager and compare to the preinstalled JB OS File Manager then post my opinions of usability here. I'm downloading the apps you mentioned (I always love to speed things up!)

Jack
    I downloaded ES File Explorer and was NOT impressed compared to the pre-installed File Manager on JB 4.1.1 It is soooo much easier to access each of the storage devices internal, external, usb, and videos and pictures (in different folders even!) Sorry Mark, looks like you should upgrade to JB!

Jack

Veteran
    Thanks
    I downloaded ES File Explorer and was NOT impressed compared to the pre-installed File Manager on JB 4.1.1 It is soooo much easier to access each of the storage devices internal, external, usb, and videos and pictures (in different folders even!) Sorry Mark, looks like you should upgrade to JB!

Jack
    Stock file managers with any Stock Android OS are just short of useless beyond browsing files. No root access, no real features for productivity. ES or even Root Explorer are leaps and bounds better than the stock file managers. Not to mention ES is part of an app suite that can help manage and improve the tablets performance. If the only ability you want is sort options and show hidden files or folders than the stock file manager is the bomb.
    If you like my work please feel free to DONATE

If I do not answer your Private Message please do not assume I am ignoring you. I probably am, but assuming is rude.

Skytex 10s Rabid ROM v1
    Skytex 7s Rabid ROM v1
    Dell Venue 8 Rooted and Deodexed
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Rooted
    Kindle Fire HD 7 Rooted
    HP Touchpad 32GB Dual Boot WebOS & Cyanogen MOD 11
    Amazon FireTV Rooted
    Haier 9" Rooted
    Sero 7 Pro Rabid ROM Beta
    LePan TC1020 Rooted
    LePan TC802A Rooted - Deodexed

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post
    Stock file managers with any Stock Android OS are just short of useless beyond browsing files. No root access, no real features for productivity. ES or even Root Explorer are leaps and bounds better than the stock file managers. Not to mention ES is part of an app suite that can help manage and improve the tablets performance. If the only ability you want is sort options and show hidden files or folders than the stock file manager is the bomb.
    Really Rabid? I'm curious now. Like I said I downloaded the ES File Explorer and played with it for about an hour and compared with the stock File Manager and like the stock one better. What exactly can I do with ES F E to improve tablet performance. You don't like the stock JB File Manager. The one ES F E I downloaded was free on Mobile 1, did I grab the wrong thing and that is why I didnt see a great difference?
    Thanks
    JB

Thanks
    Really Rabid? I'm curious now. Like I said I downloaded the ES File Explorer and played with it for about an hour and compared with the stock File Manager and like the stock one better. What exactly can I do with ES F E to improve tablet performance. You don't like the stock JB File Manager. The one ES F E I downloaded was free on Mobile 1, did I grab the wrong thing and that is why I didnt see a great difference?
    Thanks
    JB
    Scratch my last post. I downloaded root explorer and es fm again and took a closer look. There r a lot
    more folders accessible and sum neat task killers. I guess if ur still a newbie like me I don't know what to do with them... Yet! But with the help of this site I will in time.
    Jb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads