Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update to Android 4.0.4 Using Boot MicroSD Visual Land Prestige 7.

Thanks

Update to Android 4.0.4 Using Boot MicroSD Visual Land Prestige 7.

Howdy folks. I successfully flashed my Visual Land Prestige 7 tablet with the Android 4.0.4 update via bootable microSD card. My computer is running Windows 7 32-bit sp1. My Prestige 7 was upgraded from Android 4.0.3. I did not want to use the Livesuit method from a computer. I found a method to flash Allwinner A10 and A13 tablets by booting from a microSD and thus substituted the Prestige 7 4.0.4 image.
    Materials:
    1) Prestige 7 Android 4.0.4 image, can be obtained from the sticky about the Prestige 7 firmware http://www.tabletroms.com/forums/prestige-7/6034-visual-land-prestige-7-firmware.html
    2) Phoenix Card boot microSD utility, https://dl.dropbox.com/u/65312725/Ph...2012_03_02.zip
    3) A microSD card (I used a 4GB class 4 Sandisk).
    Procedure:
    First back up the Prestige 7 tablet. There are several methods and utils available. I simply copied everything that was visible in Windows Explorer from internal storage after tethering the tablet via a USB cable. You can also backup the entire tablet, including the system, data and software. There is also a built in backup util for Android. Please research backups if you want something deeper than what is visible in Windows Explorer or the Android backup util. Stock images for the Prestige 7 are also available at the sticky for download, in case you want to revert back.
    Unzip the PhoenixCard .zip file. Connect the microSD card to the computer. Go to the extracted folder and launch PhoenixCard.exe. Make sure the correct drive letter is showing in disk for the microSD card. If you get the error message about more than one disk found (i.e. Burn and Format to Normal buttons are greyed out), go into Device Manager--> Disk Drives and temporarily disable all USB drives except the microSD. For the image file, browse to and select the Prestige 7 Android 4.0.4 .img file. Click on the Product radio button if needed, do not use Startup. Now click on the Burn button. Once the process is complete, quit PhoenixCard then eject the microSD. You will not see anything on the card through Windows Exlorer. The properties will show a capacity of less than what the microSD actually is. Disk Management will show three partitions on the microSD. This is all normal, no worries.
    Turn the Prestige 7 off and remove the existing microSD if present. Plug the AC adapter into a wall outlet or power strip, but do not connect the tablet yet. Probably can use a USB cable via computer USB port, but I went with 120V AC source. Insert the boot microSD. Plug the AC adapter (or USB cable) into the Prestige 7. It will automatically start the upgrade. A black screen with the orange outline of the progress bar rectangle will appear. There will be a repetitive clicking noise coming from the speakers. The progress bar will be green and move from left to right. Once the flash is complete CARD OK will appear. Unplug the power cable. Remove the microSD. Now turn on the Prestige 7 tablet to boot Android 4.0.4. If the tablet fails to boot, perform the flash again. Still got a problem, try flashing back to the v2.3 or 4.0.3 stock image for the P7. If you performed a backup of the ROM, use that. Otherwise, power down, insert the desired microSD card, boot up, restore settings, applications, etc. Enjoy your Prestige 7 running Android 4.0.4.

Veteran
    Thanks
    Yeah Phoenix Card has been discussed and linked to in a few threads.
    If you like my work please feel free to DONATE
    Skytex 10s Rabid ROM v1
    Skytex 7s Rabid ROM v1
    Dell Venue 8 Rooted and Deodexed
    Nook HD + Dual Boot Android & Nook OS
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 stock
    2 HP Touchpad 32GB Dual Boot WebOS & Cyanogen MOD 11
    2 UG007B Android stick
    Amazon FireTV set top box
    Elocity A7+ Evilocoty Rabid ROM Android 2.2
    Skytex Pocket Primer Rooted 2.2
    Skytex 7" Gemini Rabid ROM 4.0.4
    MK802 Mini Android Rabid ROM Beta
    Dragon Touch MID907IPS ICS 4.0.4 Rabid ROM

Thanks
    Thanks. Will your VisualLand 7L Beta Jelly Bean work with the P7?

Regular
    Thanks
    The images for the 7L and the 7 are not interchangeable.
    Visual Land Prestige 7L - Rabid-X Rom V1.1 Rev B
    Photobucket Library: http://s737.photobucket.com/user/xihuitl/library/
    Yahoo IM ID: bmwnfun

Thanks

Driver for Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by geishaslave View Post
    Howdy folks. I successfully flashed my Visual Land Prestige 7 tablet with the Android 4.0.4 update via bootable microSD card. My computer is running Windows 7 32-bit sp1. My Prestige 7 was upgraded from Android 4.0.3. I did not want to use the Livesuit method from a computer. I found a method to flash Allwinner A10 and A13 tablets by booting from a microSD and thus substituted the Prestige 7 4.0.4 image.
    Materials:
    1) Prestige 7 Android 4.0.4 image, can be obtained from the sticky about the Prestige 7 firmware http://www.tabletroms.com/forums/prestige-7/6034-visual-land-prestige-7-firmware.html
    2) Phoenix Card boot microSD utility, https://dl.dropbox.com/u/65312725/Ph...2012_03_02.zip
    3) A microSD card (I used a 4GB class 4 Sandisk).
    Procedure:
    First back up the Prestige 7 tablet. There are several methods and utils available. I simply copied everything that was visible in Windows Explorer from internal storage after tethering the tablet via a USB cable. You can also backup the entire tablet, including the system, data and software. There is also a built in backup util for Android. Please research backups if you want something deeper than what is visible in Windows Explorer or the Android backup util. Stock images for the Prestige 7 are also available at the sticky for download, in case you want to revert back.
    Unzip the PhoenixCard .zip file. Connect the microSD card to the computer. Go to the extracted folder and launch PhoenixCard.exe. Make sure the correct drive letter is showing in disk for the microSD card. If you get the error message about more than one disk found (i.e. Burn and Format to Normal buttons are greyed out), go into Device Manager--> Disk Drives and temporarily disable all USB drives except the microSD. For the image file, browse to and select the Prestige 7 Android 4.0.4 .img file. Click on the Product radio button if needed, do not use Startup. Now click on the Burn button. Once the process is complete, quit PhoenixCard then eject the microSD. You will not see anything on the card through Windows Exlorer. The properties will show a capacity of less than what the microSD actually is. Disk Management will show three partitions on the microSD. This is all normal, no worries.
    Turn the Prestige 7 off and remove the existing microSD if present. Plug the AC adapter into a wall outlet or power strip, but do not connect the tablet yet. Probably can use a USB cable via computer USB port, but I went with 120V AC source. Insert the boot microSD. Plug the AC adapter (or USB cable) into the Prestige 7. It will automatically start the upgrade. A black screen with the orange outline of the progress bar rectangle will appear. There will be a repetitive clicking noise coming from the speakers. The progress bar will be green and move from left to right. Once the flash is complete CARD OK will appear. Unplug the power cable. Remove the microSD. Now turn on the Prestige 7 tablet to boot Android 4.0.4. If the tablet fails to boot, perform the flash again. Still got a problem, try flashing back to the v2.3 or 4.0.3 stock image for the P7. If you performed a backup of the ROM, use that. Otherwise, power down, insert the desired microSD card, boot up, restore settings, applications, etc. Enjoy your Prestige 7 running Android 4.0.4.

Hey I have realice that you have installed your Prestige 7 in windows 7, I'm unable to install the drivers provided in the sticky firmware post and the ones provided in the scrip for google play install.

Can you show me how to install this drivers or send me a link to them.
    I have tried different ways in device manager the usb is detected and the drives of my tablet are shown in file explorer but this just for a while. And I can't use that.

Thanks
    I get an error trying to use the micro SD way. This is the screen that shows up right after putting card in and powering it up with the dc cord plugged in.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast